Thread: Dressing up at a wig boutique - and getting hit on by a sales associate

Dressing up at a wig boutique - and getting hit on by a sales associate

Recently, I visited a wig boutique I frequent to have one of my wigs trimmed and look through some catalogs for a future purchase. Another reason for stopping by was to see if the boutique owner would allow me to put on my corset, pantyhose, bandage dress and heels (along with wearing a wig, of course) and walk around the establishment and "model" for her. After the wig trimming/styling, perusing a large number of catalogs, and selecting some wigs for her to price the following week with her wholesaler, I posed the big question...would she allow me to dress up and walk around the establishment. She was such a doll and said "yes, absolutely." During previous visits, I had shown her pics of me fully en femme, but she'd never actually seen me dressed in person. Hoping and expecting she'd say yes, I had already brought my garments with me. So she slipped me into one of her styling rooms to get ready. Now, I didn't bring any make-up with me so I wasn't going to completely transform. One of her sales associates was in the shop and once she learned what I was up to she expressed her excitement to see me once I was dressed. After shutting the door, I carefully locked it and went to work. It took me about 20 minutes to get everything set. I was still learning how to slip on and properly lace my corset. But, eventually everything was in place and cracked open the door and called out for the owner to come down and see me. I had the sales associate wait her turn as she was trying to see me along with the owner. When she peeked into the room, the owner was almost speechless. She couldn't believe how good the bandage dress looked on me and was amazed by the curves created by the corset. She exclaimed that she wished a corset could do for her what it did for me. I gave her some tips to include pointers for eating healthy and exercising. She explained that she was overweight and asked how I kept my lean and trim figure. Of course, it's usually easier for men to lose weight and keep it off as compared to women. But, it still takes a focused effort to maintain a healthy weight. Well, after she had me twirl around showing all my angels, she then called the sales associate to come down the hall and see me too. She was in her late 20s to early 30s and just was beside herself seeing me. And interestingly, she began to flirt with me. I could really tell my wearing a dress was turning her on. (Wow, I wonder how she'd react if she saw me completely dolled up!). I then asked them both if I could practice walking up and down the long hallway of the boutique in my 4 and quarter inch heels. They didn't hesitate in affirming my request. So, off I went up and down, up and down, and up and down the hallway for about 15 minutes with each of them giving me tips for presenting a feminine appearance and gait. (ugh...it's really hard and I have a long way to go to achieve perfection). The most important tips they shared were to keep my feet in alignment (like walking a tight rope), holding my back straight and maintaining an upright posture, and not walking too fast. Keeping my back straight was the most difficult. They were amazed that I could easily walk in heels. I shared I had a lot of practice wearing heels over the years. After all the fun, I got undressed and went to the front to pay for the wig styling and to share my deepest gratitude for allowing me to dress and practice my walk. They were so open and accepting and genuinely appreciated who I was. I could just tell that they shared in the joy I experienced dressing up. I just wished I had brought all my makeup and presented myself completely transformed. Who knows, maybe another time! Well, as I was about to leave, the SA wanted to give me her telephone number. I politely declined explaining that I was happily married with a supportive wife but really, really appreciated her interest in me. She was so cool about it...not embarrassed or put off in any way by my response to say the least. i think she figured I'd answer as such given that I was wearing my wedding band. I did say that I looked forward to seeing the two of them again and in fact the boutique owner knew I'd be stopping buy again since I had picked out a few wigs in her catalogs for her to price out for me. In all, it was truly a wonderful and exciting experience. Next time I go, I may call ahead of my appointment and ask them if I could dress completely en femme for them. Right now, I'm too nervous to ask. But I'll likely get my courage up sometime in the future. Both of them are such lovely and accepting cis-women and I can't wait to visit them again (and of course purchase a new wig!) Nikki p.s. has anyone else experienced attention and interest from GGs when dressed up?
    Last edited by nikkiwindsor; 05-14-2016 at 04:13 PM.
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

She wanted to give you her phone number and that's getting hit on? Maybe she had another reason.

Not likely she is hitting on you, as if that got back to corporate, she could lose her job.
    Another possible reason is they may have wanted to let you know if styles come in that you would be interested in.

I have online accounts at multiple shops. And I am a good consistent buyer, and all know me by name. When trying on stuff they will check in back for different sizes and assist in fitting rooms some times. Some days like today I will spend up to an hour, and the bra woman came in and double checked my sizing, as I can be either a 46C or D as I lost 50 lbs since last year or so. They have NO problem, and I am not shy, so sometimes will just be in my underwear.

They will sometimes call to let me know when clearance sales or new stock coming in. They know what I like and am an insider, so they give me a call to get an earlier start on the new or clearance sales.

Wow that would be so exciting. I want to shop there.

The wig boutique owner and her SA, a friend of hers who helps her on occasion, are a delight to be around! They really are so helpful and genuinely appreciate serving the trans-community. The owner explained to me that local drag queens have invited her to their shows and she has actually gone, but it's been awhile. It's wonderful meeting and getting to know people who are happy making you happy. And for the boutique owner it is so much more than making money...a life well lived is one about building, nurturing and enjoying relationships with others. Nikki
    Last edited by nikkiwindsor; 05-14-2016 at 09:56 PM.

Aspiring Member
    I think you know when you're getting hit on. If she wanted to let you know about merchandise, she would have asked for your number to call you when new stuff is available you might be interested in. You look great in your pics, so I'm not surprised, and I would take it as a big compliment that you handled appropriately and well

Nikki,
    What is exciting is that you are able to dress and let others see you.
    Your photos that you have shared show a very confident woman, and I can only guess that is what the owner and the SA saw as well. I commend you for refusing the number. It may have been totally innocent and not being hit on, but why open that can of worms. Well done, my friend.

Have an awesome day
    hugs and more hugs

Rhandi

I think that's pretty cool Nikki.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Sounds as if you had a wonderful time, Nikki, but I have to ask - If this wig boutique is so trans-friendly and your wife is supportive of your crossdressing, why all the intrigue and contortions around doing your en femme transformation in the store?

Why didn't you just go in "Nikki" mode straight from home and be done with it? Was it the reverse strip tease aspect of your on-site transformation that was part of this event, and which turned your crank in particular?

Sounds like a wonderful experience - I would love to shop there!
    If the SA was into your transformation, yet you don't want it to be any intimate relationship, maybe you could bring your makeup and let her do your face? Or at least assist you? That way she can enjoy it a bit more without it being too personal. And being helped by someone will be a nice experience for you.
    Hugs, Ellen

Wow Nikki, great story and even better experience for you. Enjoy yourself and keep us informed about your next outing there!

Wow Nikki - so happy for you! It's amazing to be yourself and to be accepted, encouraged and helped by others! My mother was a huge supporter even thogh she didn't understand. And her best friend's best friend set me up with my first boyfriend. I dated him and lived with him until my late 20's. The makeup girls at the department stores, clerks at the lingerie stores, etc..And the "girls" at a fetish shop and drag shows helped me too!
    Every inch a lady!

Leslie made some really good points below. Why all the intrigue and contortions? Let's see if I can adequately describe what is a rather complex, but probably not too unfamiliar situation for many married gender fluid women like me. My wife is supportive but it hasn't always been that way. Just a handful of years ago, she said I could dress up if I liked and she would like to see me at some point. But, neither of us is comfortable yet in doing that. She is absolutely precious and wonderful allowing me to dress whenever I like and gives me permission to purchase things on line in her name. She's even on occasion bought me things in bricks and mortar stores when I've asked for something in particular. However, while she's supportive she's, understandably, not particularly comfortable with my dressing. From time-to-time she asks if I want to transition full-time. And I most assuredly don't want to and I share that with her. Despite my assurances, she does pop the question every now and again. I do make sure to put her first and my feminine self second. And I'm concerned that she wouldn't be comfortable seeing me all dressed up. I do like to look as passable as possible and I'm concerned about showing her that side of me. So, I wanted some real world feedback as to my appearance realizing that I'm not yet comfortable showing myself to my wife. Consequently, I went to see the wig boutique owner who has been genuinely understanding and supportive of me. I didn't expect to see the SA, but I've met her twice before and she's a very kind and warm-hearted young woman herself. But, I've always made it very clear that I have a lovely and loving wife whose my everything. Who knows...perhaps sometime in the future I'll dress up in with my wife. I don't have a different persona when dressed. It's still completely me. The male and female side of me are all wrapped up and intertwined. My wife has shared that I've been far more content and loving, and certainly a lot less frustrated and angry, since she allowed me to dress up. It is very freeing to just be yourself! And my wife understands that and she really cares for me which I know I don't deserve and I don't ever take it for granted. It does make me a bit sad when I hear stories where others on the forum, all wonderful and special people in their own right, do not have a SO who is at least a little open to learning more about their partner and providing some daylight that would very much likely lead to a closer and more loving relationship than they could ever imagine. Hope this makes some sense, Nikki

Sounds as if you had a wonderful time, Nikki, but I have to ask - If this wig boutique is so trans-friendly and your wife is supportive of your crossdressing, why all the intrigue and contortions around doing your en femme transformation in the store?

Why didn't you just go in "Nikki" mode straight from home and be done with it? Was it the reverse strip tease aspect of your on-site transformation that was part of this event, and which turned your crank in particular?
    Last edited by nikkiwindsor; 05-16-2016 at 09:06 PM.

You did the very right thing Nikki and did not need to explain.... but the explanation is so true for many of us too. You showed strength and confidence in going there and doing what you did which we all admire, and as that builds will do more which many of us admire! You go girl!!!
    Enjoy our new life and seek peace Give love and kindness to others Live patience, self control, humility each day

An amazing story Nikki, thank you for sharing it with us.
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum posts both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal action.

Thanks for clarifying, Nikki, and the way you have explained this apparent paradox makes perfect sense to me, as I can definitely relate to your approach on some level.

My wife has evolved over the years from being completely intolerant of my crossdressing to exhibiting a form of resigned DADT semi-acceptance. I guess over time I simply wore her down - much the way repeated drops of water can wear a channel even into the hardest slab of granite - LOL!

What really hurts, though, is that I have met many GG's over the years who have known me only as "Leslie" and are not only accepting, they are actually supportive and have gone out of their way at times to help me become the best "Leslie" that I can be. This includes consignment and wig store owners, nail techs, as well as an amazing make up artist who not only delighted in treating me as her "special customer" as our relationship evolved, we actually developed something of a friendship over this (never any hanky-panky, though - both of us are totally loyal to our respective spouses). Sadly, she left the make up artistry business about 3 years ago to take on more stable employment in a different field, and I still reflect wistfully on those wonderful times we spent together when she worked her magic on me.

I always felt accepted and valued as a human being by those ladies, and was totally comfortable in their presence en femme. This is a far cry from my wife, who categorically refuses to see any pictures of "Leslie" let alone ever meet her in person, and I don't see this changing anytime soon.

Does this contrasting attitude on my wife's part make me sad or even resentful from time to time? You bet it does, but not enough to counteract the positive validation that I have received from these other GG's. It also helps that I have been able to tap into my own intestinal fortitude, finally having made peace with my transgenderism and crossdressing urges along with coming to the realization that I need to express this side of me occasionally - and publicly - so as not to go stark raving mad...

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Langford View Post

Does this contrasting attitude on my wife's part make me sad or even resentful from time to time? You bet it does, but not enough to counteract the positive validation that I have received from these other GG's. It also helps that I have been able to tap into my own intestinal fortitude, finally having made peace with my transgenderism and crossdressing urges along with coming to the realization that I need to express this side of me occasionally - and publicly - so as not to go stark raving mad...
    I have had similar levels of acceptances from the SA's of the stores I shop in and yes they made me feel human and accepted. Yes, it is in contrast to my wife's attitude which resembles yours in that she accepts me, accepts that I wear panties, but the rest is DADT.

However, the difference between her and those other GG's who have been accepting (including one former colleague at work that I've opened up to), is that they aren't married to me. It's one thing to have occasional encounters and even friendships with a CD/TG, quite another to have your man go all girly on you. For that to work I think there has to be a least a tiny element of bi-curiosity in a wife or girlfriend, or if not at least an appreciation of the aesthetic we project. Most women alas, simply aren't there when it comes to us.

I write this, BTW, dressed for the first time in nearly a month for various logistical reasons that required I strongly project the male side. But I'm with you on the pent-up frustration of not being able to express our femininity from time to time.

While my wife is supportive to a certain degree and is becoming even more comfortable as time goes on the few things she quickly realized and appreciates to this day is that dressing up makes me happy, more content, less angry, more open & communicative (she REALLY likes that) and just all around a better person to live and be with. We are so much closer with me expressing both my femininity and masculinity - my entire self.

The World of Wigs in Atlanta used to be my favorite place to go dressed, they catered to my needs for 20 years I suspect. They were always so friendly and supportive. I wish they were still around just so I could stop in and say hello.