Thread: En femme when sick 😤

Banned Read only

En femme when sick 😤

I have a mild sinus infection and I sooo need to blow my nose (a lot) but it really destroys my makeup...anyone else in the same boat.
    .sniff..sniff?

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    I feel your pain Robin (at times). With winter gone, allergy season(s) are now upon us.

It is so hard to feel and look sexy with a big ole red nose.

Banned Read only
    Thank you Lydia, makes me feel a little better knowing someone relates...that and Advil! 😉

Yes! I been dealing with a chest cold for the last two weeks. I haven't been able to do anything because i'm so busy coughing my lungs out.

Forget about the makeup for a while Robin, but keep dressing up.....wearing hosiery and a pretty dress always cures me twice as fast!!!!

Nurse Jeanette
    Last edited by JeanetteX; 05-15-2016 at 05:34 AM.
    Love and hugs Jeanette

Banned Read only
    Robin,
    I thought us Brits were the only ones suffering from the sniffles, as far as I'm aware I don't suffer from hay fever, but have trouble shaking off an irritable cough and sniffy nose !
    I tried throat sprays for asthma sufferers which didn't work but my doctor suggested an aqueous nasal spray along with a throat spray , they work fine for me , can't keep losing that nice makeup all the time !

I too suffer from allergies and a runny nose can expose the blue upper lip and Kleenex stuffed up there isn't very pretty.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Yeah I hear you I just got over the dreaded summer head cold and just too sick to want to wear make up.

Been there. All you can do is blow your nose and accept that you look like anyone else. If you're wearing makeup, 99% of it is still there lending you cred and the area under your nose is just a small bit. It also makes you sensitive to why the compact was invented -- small mirror, supply of makeup right there. You can touch-up between tissues. Or let it ride.

I have allergies that sometimes bother me. It is almost impossible to blow one's nose without having makeup come off on the tissue.
    Hugs, Carole

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennie-cd View Post
    It also makes you sensitive to why the compact was invented -- small mirror, supply of makeup right there. You can touch-up between tissues. Or let it ride.
    Thank you MAC powder, the one thing every girl (or guy) needs...seriuosly, MAC is totally TG friendly! 🤗 (just trying out my new Samsung emoticons 🤔 )

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Robin I see those little square things everywhere and wondered what they were because they are too small to actually read.
    One site I am on is mostly 20 somethings and that is the whole message sometimes and I have no clue what it means.
    Apparently those are the new cool things to post online smh

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    Not at present Robin but I so identify with the need to sneeze or blow my nose with a cold or hay fever but working in a quiet but popular library makes an embarrassing noise. Sure get over colds quickly!!

Aspiring Member
    Call in sick, put on a nice warm pink flannel nightie over your favourite panties, and curl up in bed with a good book until you feel better

This seems disgusting to read, and sounds disgusting when you do it, but it works.

My Rhinologist taught me to just snorkel the stuff into the back of my throat and spit it out into a cup. The sounds are awful, so if there's anyone whom you want to impress in the vicinity tell them to wear ear plugs. It's a more effective way of getting rid of the phlegm, and lowers the risk of ear and sinus infections which can be caused by back pressure from the nose blow.

The vast majority of "sinus infections" are viral or allergy, and should not be treated with antibiotics until 2 weeks or more of colored nasal discharge. Slow release Guaifenesin (Mucinex) works for most people as well as a hot steamy shower to get the mucus more flowing. It should then go down the back of your throat where you can swallow it or cough it up. If you don't get help from humid air, then you might also need a decongestant (Afrin spray or Sudafed). NSAIDS (ibuprofen or naproxen sodium) also help. If nose too wet, then antihistamines like loratidine can help and now Flonase is over the counter to also help quiet things down.

That will be $100 for the urgent care visit...

You can also do setting powder to hold the makeup in place.
    Hope you feel better soon Robin,
    Hugs, Ellen

Actually--I may have just realized another reason why I love to dress up. Since I don't have the desire to dress when I'm sick, I'm *never* sick when I'm dressed en femme... LOL! I hope you feel better soon :-)

Usually when I'm sick, I don't even feel like shaving. So there goes that image for me. :P
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning