Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Butterflies as I walk out that door.

I hear you Rachel. I did the same thing, blouse, skirt, and stockings. I went for it and walked down to the end of my driveway in the morning light to bring the garbage can back in. Of course, I did a quick scouting of the neighborhood to see if anyone was near, but still, they could have popped out from anywhere. Sometimes ya just gotta do what a girl has to do.

I use to go out dressed in skin tight flower pants, and lip gloss with a flower headband. I almost got run over every time I crossed the road. Never got called anything derogatory. I got a guy's number and decided against calling him. One woman looked at me pretty shocked.

Oh how I wish I could go out dressed in a romper or jump suit without the danger.

Good for you - what a confidence builder! I know that on the occasions I have gone out I can only describe it as the most terrifying and simultaneously exhilarating feeling I have ever had and I really enjoy it. It makes me feel alive!

Beth

Curvious, Great job! I would have freaked out turned around and gone back inside if I met anyone. Just reading these posts has made my heart beat quicken, made my hands shaky, my breathing faster, and nervous adrenal filled my body. All symptoms of when I go out. My first time out I avoided all other people, even turned around and started walking back the way I came. I now generally have two ways I dress, jeans with flats and a tee shirt, or skirt with a blouse, hose and heals. Kind of an outdoor fun or office and date styles. I am still terrified each time I go out, that is just one of the reasons I love it so much!

I look forward to the thrilling feelings experience just before going out. Once out, no problem to appear as a woman.

That's true Beverly. I wasn't expecting that reaction. I didn't think they even noticed until I heard their reaction.
    Always be careful.

Reality Check
    There can be no place better to go outside dressed as a woman than from a hotel in a city far from home. Nobody knows you and even if they read you as a crossdresser, they don't know you and you don't know them so why worry about it.

That said, you have to "own" it. If you are walking down the street and see other people so you duck into an alley or turn around and walk the other way, you are giving yourself away. Keep walking like you have a destination. Smile and nod to them or even say "hi". Keep on walking.

Of course, your outfit should be appropriate for the time and place and you shouldn't go alone where a woman wouldn't go alone.

I remember my first time out of town dressed it was in Denver. I decided I was spending the weekend as Nikki and nothing was going to stop me. Of course it was nice that I had an understanding friend who was there for support. I got dressed and walked right out and did the whole weekend, restaurants (even Sat and Sunday morning IHOP trips), shopping, an LGTB meeting and clubs. I loved ever minute of it, whether I passed or no was not important, I felt good doing it and never had any nerves (other than going to IHOP).
    Kristi is right "OWN IT" if you look like you belong people won't look twice. I've done more than a few day long shopping trips as Nikki, mostly in NYC and never had an issue, even used the ladies room at the Port Authority Terminal after taking the commuter bus into the city and before heading back.

That is so great, I am so happy for you. I travel a little for my work and have done that same thing, but I didn't have a conversation with anyone. It is exhilarating, enjoy the feeling and remember the fun of it. Till next time. Brenda