Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long does it take you to get ready

Aspiring Member

How long does it take you to get ready

This is most likely a duplicate thread. I take about a half hour to shave and do makeup, there was a comment that it ONLY took a me half hour. How long do you take to get ready?
    Sara

Silver Member
    Depends on what you are trying for. Since I have a Fred Flintstone shadow, and I am very particular about it, shaving takes 15-20 minutes.

Check out some other threads :
    http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ake&highlight=

normally less than an hour. but if i have to shave, shower, wash hair, paint nails,
    than can be as long as 2 to 3 hours
    paula

Silver Member
    15 or 20 minutes to dress quickly - to include makeup. If going out, more time, depending upon where I am going.

That long and not a minute less. Getting there is half the fun, sometimes.

Usually, about 20 to 30 minutes.

Depends on where I am going. Usually do not wear jewellery or makeup when I go out. but dress as a traditional Indian women when going out to trans-events. Then I also have pack the less femme garment in my bag which I change into after leaving a closed door LGBT event

Usually hour and a half to shower, shave, dress, and makeup, then sometimes another 15 minutes to actually walk out the door.

To get ready for what?

I take 45 min to shave and put on makeup. for Play-Time,
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Attached Images Attached Images
    The most common form of despair is not being who you are. - Soren Kierkegaard

And shower and hair drying takes 30 minutes - if I do not need to wash my hair it takes another 30 minutes to apply make up and great dressed (unless it is a casual at home day)

Dreaming is half the fun.
    Well for the not so fortunate, as me, it's would take me like a whole week, from putting an outfit together to actually getting ready, but once I have the oportunity ( like one e every year, if I'm lucky) it is at least 3 hours , if you can do it in less than that, you're the lucky ones

Platinum Member
    Hi Sara , Just a little over a half an hour......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

It completely depends on the look I'm trying to accomplish. Typically makeup and hair takes me about 15-20 mins (for a look like my avatar). I'm very lucky to have virtually no facial hair... I don't have to do a single thing for "beard cover". I'm horrible with nails as I rarely do anything with mine, but if I use the "ready to go" french-tipped nails I can knock them out in 10 mins or so. If I'm taking my time and getting all dolled up, I really enjoy a long shower, moisturizers, prepping for makeup, getting detailed with contouring, actually styling my hair as opposed to putting it up, and so-on. It can easily take an hour or two from start to finish.

The whole nine yards can take all afternoon, four and a half yards can be reached in a half hour easily.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Have been getting ready for 74 years and still trying...

2-3 hours.
    Jon

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Like so many others it depends on the starting conditions and my goal. If I've just come back from a weekend camping and have to shower, shave, do nails and prepare for a night out on the town, I'd better have a couple of hours at least. If I'd been out on the town the night before and I'm getting up to eat breakfast and wander around my house, I may just put a robe on. Average minimum time to get out the door will be 30-45 minutes, with at least 2 trips back from the car to my bedroom to get things I'd forgotten.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Depends on some factors - have I had a waxing recently, more time needed if I have to shave legs etc., do I have gel nails already or do I have to polish myself, etc.

My process in this order:

Wash/wet down hair - 5-10 minutes
    Blow dry - 10 minutes
    Face Shave - 15 minutes
    Style/set Hair - 45 minutes, Curl or straight iron. I try to use my own shoulder length hair versus a wig.
    Makeup - 60 - 75 minutes, includes base contour and highlighting before beauty makeup.
    Dressing - 15 minutes
    Final looks - 15 minutes - removing curlers, hair pins, touchup makeup, jewelry
    Nail polish - 15 minutes (optional)
    Xfer essentials to a purse - 10 minutes
    Rebecca Bas

Banned Read only
    Sara,
    It still surprises me how long it takes, but then there's a lot to cram in. I can't start to get ready until my wife leaves the house, that means getting the standby plan ready and put in the car, getting my outfit out and ironing it, but I usually start with a close shave and my Olay 44+ so my face can settle before I start on the makeup. Nails always play me up, they always take longer to dry when you're in a hurry. I need to check the handbag and make sure nothing is missing , I may fit a light snack in before the lipstick goes on, and then there's the tidy up . From 3.15 pm I'm just about ready to put my coat on and leave the house by 6.15 pm.

At least the body shaving is done first thing every morning as part of my normal routine.
    Last edited by Teresa; 05-17-2016 at 02:54 PM.

"it depends" - teehee.

sometimes i change 3 or 4 times before going out, then there's the makeup. a big event i might prepare for a day or two before, just to be sure!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

For me it takes almost a couple one hour and a half. More if I polish my nails.
    It takes long time because the moisturizing cream and the beard cover have to dry.
    At the beginning, makeup was tedious, but I have really improved my skills.
    Anyway, the preparation is a funny part of the game
    Boys who dress as girls have more fun.

Where am I going? The grocery store, the Mall, a bicycle ride, a night club, a hot date, I shave every morning, and have a blonde unnoticeable beard, I depilate twice a week on schedule, often apply light eye makeup and lipstick right after breakfast, and wear wigs, so if it's anything mundane, about as long as it takes me to change from men's unisex casual to women's unisex casual, apply a bit of powder to my nose and cheeks, and transfer my keychain, wallet, reading glasses from my desktop to my purse, and I could be out the door within twenty-five minutes of the time I decide to go if it's the grocery store or Mall. Add easily another hour and a half to get ready for a date or a club.

it all goes smooth and quickly for me until i get to the eyeliner and mascara, i can get bogged down for hours trying to get that right

Assuming that my nails are already done, to shower, shave, do makeup, get dressed, etc. about 30 minutes to be ready to leave.
    Hugs, Carole