Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Bathroom bills and other laws , discussion thread

It's not about bathrooms. Just like it wasn't about water fountains. It's about hate.

The New Hampshire House voted today to table the transgender rights bill without debate. Again, the Great Bathroom Distraction was used to enable it. We need a better response to that bit of rhetoric....
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

The problem is democracy and the concept of majority rule. If you're not in the majority, then you have to accept what they say. It's like two foxes and a chicken voting on what to have for dinner.

An I am the chicken

I am from Wisconsin which is a fairly progressive state. The technical college I attended just put in gender neutral restrooms for us. I have used the ladies room for years without a problem. If I am out with GG they have encouraged me to go with them. I think it's mostly the men who have a problem with it for some reason. IDK

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    All the Texas girls need to be contacting their reps now as our legislators are about to be called to a special session to try and get a discriminatory bathroom bill passed in Texas.
    I called today to the governors phone to leave a message not to call the special session

10-4 copy that LeighR, been donating, calling and e-mailing all week

Sad that bathroom Dan won't go away

They really do not realize what they are asking trans peeps to do, wait until some FTM scares all the little giggly girls and mom too .............but they will be abiding by Dan's law to use the restroom by birth certificate

Scary times here in TX................
    Way too Girly ! I couldn't smell the smoke, and now I'll watch the flames

Out on Parole ......Woo Hoo

The real problem isn't the CD/TS/TG using the girl's bathrooms, changing room, or locker rooms. There have been a few cases where people who are not claim they are to go into those places. Target had a straight guy in a dress bothering a woman in a dressing room. Out in Oregon a guy went in the women's locker room/showers at a public pool when a young girl's swim team was there. These are the problems, not the CD/TS/TG.

I have never seen one case where a CD/TS/TG harmed anyone in a restroom.

ill take this as a win and maybe precedent....

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/tra...tmw?li=BBnb7Kz
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    July 18th the Texas legislators go back to work in special session. One of 20 items they will attempt to pass is a very broad
    discrimitory bill on the use of public restrooms.
    The one the governor wants passed will not allow even cities to have their own ordance that allow trans folks the right to use the bathroom of their gender. This has to be defeated. They also want to discriminate against trans school kids and force schools to not allow them in the bathrooms of their gender identity. Not sure if any protest are planned so if any Texas
    girls know of any pass it along
    Rachael

I think that people should go to bathrooms in the gender they're presenting in. It's just a bathroom after all, not a shared bath. You wouldn't be able to see others in compromising positions, and going to the gender bathroom that you're not presenting in is just going to cause discomfort among everyone.

Platinum Member
    Washington State has a very progressive law on the books for transgender rights. The forces that would undo or rollback these laws ran Initiative 1552 which dealt with usage of bathrooms and locker rooms in public places. The backers of the initiative were not able to get the required number of voters to get it on the ballot. During the campaign I heard one of the solicitors outside a Wal-Mart trying to get signatures. It was nothing more convincing people that swarms of child molesters were strutting into bathrooms. The law has been on the books for more than a decade. There has been no instances of transgender men or women accosting anyone. Of course, there has been plenty of arrests for the customary pervert who has drilled holes in locker room walls or concealed cameras in toilet and locker rooms or "up skirted" women on escalators. Heck, there have been more instances of women entering men's bathrooms at concert venues to avoid the long lines at the ladies' room.

Kelly's Ginger nut Pub ,Cape Charles, Va.
    Although a republican who staunchly believes in supporting his president no matter what. This is one Excutive Order he will not support and thus will not allow TGs, Crossdressers, etc to use the ladies room . I wonder if he would go so far as to demand you drop your draws for inspection, What a bonehead.

Banned Spammer
    Non passable TG get a hard time and are harrased while passable TG to not get bothered.

There are a few TG who dress inappropriately are that bring attention to there self like the TS that stands and does a #1 in the women's stall and got a restraining order after CisWomen complained.

Aspiring Member
    All,

Special TX legislature session begins tomorrow. Let's hope for the bathroom bill to flush down the sewer where it belongs.
    Note that the July 10 and 17 New Yorker magazine has a superb article on TX politics, dysfunction with long detailed descriptions of the various power players and motivations.

Something interesting quoted on the New Yorker article, from Texas Monthly magazine: "25 % of TX T/CD people have been physically assaulted"---that is pretty chilling. The article also notes the more open intolerance of anyone different: LGBT on the radar screen of the ultra-conservatives.

This is just another horrible mess here in Texas, wasting tax payer money and causing uproar over a problem that does not even exist.

Pandering to the far right for votes is all this is at the moment (hopefully this bathroom bill fails), but really what these far right elected officials want to accomplish is to undo all LGBTQ protections or cripple them to the point that the protections are meaningless. Sick people they really are!

Everyone was warned about what could happen if federal protections failed but I wont go hunt up the numerous threads to prove it..........and here we sit facing another showdown just to pee. Today it's Texas but where will the next bathroom bill pop up tomorrow

http://m.mysanantonio.com/news/local...php#item-39786

Perfect trolling of the governor!

"How will the Potty Police know I'm transgender if the Governor doesn't?"

Aspiring Member
    Bathroom now renamed "right to privacy"-- classic dodge tactic and relabeling.

I swear if this bill passes I am leaving Texas within a year. Done. Had enough.

Texas probably will not get any better as long as these two clowns are in office.

Hate to be a downer but telling it the way it is.

I sure miss being in SFO is all I can say tonight..............

Potty Police,ha,ha,good one. Are there really cops paid to patrol restrooms? I'D pee my pants laughing at them. How would they know, " Excuse me MAAM, do you have credentials from your doctor that say your female? Well, one ear looks bigger then the other that's why we'Re asking".

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

So how does that read? Do you get a female pass to the little girls room that say's you are authorized ,"privacy" , like an endorsement on your drivers license encoded in the magnetic strip, along with all your NOT private Life.

Now you I do agree with completly.

Think of the cost to rebuild all the bathrooms in the country, some are a simple sign ,while others are economic stimulation for contractors. Redesigning bathrooms should be an economic incentive.

You pose a good question though.As a Cd I would not use a ladies community pool shower since there would most likely be children present who don't need anymore BS in their young minds. So out of respect for my fellow humans , (who don't always respect me) I try not to impose myself on anyone else's right to privacy. However, if I were a complete transexual anatomically, nobody would even care since they shouldn't be able to tell.

Aspiring Member
    Shout out to Forum member Ashley Smith for the perfect troll of Gov Abbott in Texas.
    As she points out, if he can't tell who is trans, how will the potty police do it?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sheren Kelly; 07-18-2017 at 04:50 PM.
    Warmly,
    Sheren Kelly

Banned Spammer
    I was just gonna post the photo that went Viral.

Here is the story. He did not know Ashley was transgender.
    A photo of a transgender woman and Texas Gov. Greg Abbott has gone viral
    The woman says she took photo to show "sometimes it's not really apparent who transgender people are"
    (CNN)Sometimes a photo says more than you think it does.

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott, who is at the center of controversy over a bill that regulates bathroom use for transgender people, posed alongside a woman from San Antonio.
    A day later, the woman, Ashley Smith, shared the photo on social media.
    "How will the Potty Police know I'm transgender if the Governor doesn't," Smith captioned the photo, which has the hashtag #BATHROOMBUDDY.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/18/us/tra...rnd/index.html
    Last edited by dynastycarol; 07-19-2017 at 01:38 AM.

Aspiring Member
    Special session is on...we will watch the "progress" I guess. Just had a family member (married to neice) go berserk about a New Yorker magazine article I posted on FB. Topic was TX politics, style and current state government. I still love the guy, but unfriended him on FB. I do not tolerate flaming on social media, it is a form of bullying. He told me to go back to Colorado....intolerance is a lovely thing? Fortunately I rarely see him--and I will keep it that way. Amazing how polarized much of society is these days. Mixing conservative intolerance politics and religion is a very, very bad thing in my opinion.

This was so awesome. She's getting all kinds of attention with it...
    When the answers escape us when we start to fade
    Remember who loved you and the ones who have stayed
    Cause my body will fail, but my soul will go on
    So don't you get lonely I'm right where you are

Banned Read only
    I testified during the Texas Senate Committee on State Affairs on Friday about the proposed bathroom bills. (We're up to five now, I think!) Only one member of the committee was friendly to us. The other eight actively loathed us. You could see it on their faces. It was awful. So far, they've listened to 28 hours of testimony about bathroom bills, the vast majority of it AGAINST the bills. Some of the stories trans people told both in the past session, and in this session were really heart rending, including stories from trans women who were attacked and even raped because of the situations these bill would force us into, or because of the bad publicity for us these bills generate. (Seriously, one of the women who testified before me had been attacked and robbed the day before, targeted because she was transgender.)

They voted 8-1 to pass it on to the Senate for a vote. We expect the vote tomorrow. It'll pass too. Then it goes to the house. We hope it will be stopped there.

The people who run the state of Texas right now, for the most part, do not like us. One of the Senators really feels that collegiate women's golf is MUCH more important than our ability to exist in public spaces as transgender people.

It really is pretty awful here right now in Texas.