Thread: Well, that was slightly embarrassing

Well, that was slightly embarrassing

As many likely know, while I generally change into a dress after dinner, I don't put on lipstick, earrings, and a wig until my wife has gone to bed. When I go to bed, generally 2 to 4 hours later, I remove the lipstick, wig, and earrings and put on a nightie. A couple of nights ago, when I took the wig off, there was only one earring still in place. I almost always wear clip on hoops. Okay, it must have fallen on the floor. I had been in the guest bathroom when I put them on, I had sat in my recliner in the family room, I had put the pup in his kennel in the master bedroom, and I had taken the wig and dress off in the guest bedroom. I scoured the floor looking for the missing earring. I looked in the bag I keep the wig in thinking it might have gotten hung up on the wig. I looked under beds, chairs, and tables with no luck. So, 2 days later I took out a matching earring (I had 4 of them) and went into my wife's sewing room where she was busing sewing a quilt. I said, "Honey, I lost an earring like this. If you happen to find it, please let me know." She told me she had vacuumed the day prior and hadn't picked it up with the vacuum. Yeah, I was a bit embarrassed asking her to keep an eye open for my earring. lol
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

It is a rather odd request. You have a very loving and understanding wife. I am sure the earring will turn up. Thanks for sharing.

At least you have the great relationship in which you can ask the wife to look for an errant earring. Losing an earring or a false nail is all part of being a woman.

Hugs, Terri
    Putting the 'Fun' back in dysfunctional.

That is the annoying thing about using clip ons. They are very easy to lose. One trick I use works fairly well. On clips with very smooth contact surfaces, I will superglue a very tiny piece of sand paper to the smooth metal where it clips to my ear. You only need it on one side and it adds a lot of friction without adding any discomfort. The sandpaper is cut very tiny. Just make sure the glue is dry before attaching it to your ear again.

And you are correct, the easiest way to knock them off is to snag the wig.

Sandi

It's in the same place as my two missing rings!
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

I am with the others, good for you that you can just mention it at home. Here .. it would likely be a life changing situation.

Senior Member Emily in the south's Avatar
    The solution is simple Heather.. just go out and buy a replacement pair, the missing one will show up right after you do that.

Same goes for you Helen, Lol.

Emily

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Why? If she knows u dress, I don't get it, Heather?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Platinum Member
    Hi Heather , Good Luck, >Orchid**OO**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

If she's aware why is it awkward?
    My wife would probably notice it missing first.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Heather, I had an earring get caught in my wig and didn't know it until the next time I wore the wig.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Last time I lost an earring, I quickly looked around in all the usual places. It was cheap fashion jewelry so cost wasn't an issue. I was trying to make sure that it wasn't in the open where my wife would find it. My wife knows that I CD, but we are DADT. She knows when I'm going out, but doesn't want to see me dressed, and she hasn't. As I was putting everything away after the GNO, I found the earring caught in my wig.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I hate loosing anything around the house. Or forgetting and leaving something fem out in the open. Almost left two of my corsets out last night! That would not have ended well is she had found them first. Hope you locate your lost earring!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Heather, I can understand why you might be uncomfortable or even embarrassed to ask your wife. My wife knows all about my dressing and tolerates it to a point. We rarely talk about it and she never asks me anything about it or brings it up in conversation. Whenever I wear something she will never comment on it. Because of our lack of communication, I never feel comfortable with anything CD related around my wife.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

GG Wife
    As a wife who knows, but isn?t comfortable around nor wants to see CDing, I fully understand the embarrassment you would feel to ask about something missing. I?m sure it felt a little awkward to her too. Because you love each other, it?s ok.

Robin, your situation is very much like mine. However, I am well past the point of feeling uncomfortable dressing around my wife. As an example, after working outside a good part of the day today, I felt the need to bathe before dinner. Since I generally change into a dress in the evenings, I thought it ridiculous to dress drab after bathing and then 3 hours later to don a dress. So, I sat down to the dinner table in a dress and all that goes with it (panties which I wear 24/7, thigh highs and garter belt, bra and forms, ankle bracelet, 4 wrist bracelets) except for a wig, makeup, earrings, press-on nails, and lipstick. I will add those when she goes to bed tonight. I rarely go to the trouble of putting on makeup and nails; but, I plan to do so tonight as I've been having a major urge to "go all the way" as Heather all day.

Liza, I appreciate your perspective. I know in our case, love does conquer all. I continuously make certain she's well aware of my love and dedication to her. In return, she makes sure I have no doubts about her love and commitment to me. These are feelings we've shared together from the beginning.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    You're, "past the point of feeling uncomfortable dressing around your wife". But, you're embarrassed about telling her u lost an earring?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Sherry, kindly read Robin's post again and read my response again. Maybe you will "get it." If not, there is no need to concern yourself with it any further as I'm apparently not making myself clear.