Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Bathroom bills and other laws , discussion thread

I think that people should feel free to use the bathroom of the sex they are portraying at the time. As I said earlier, CD/TS/TG aren’t the problem. The problem is the male degenerates like that guy who went in the girl’s swimming pool changing area in Oregon and the pervert that claimed to be TG to go into the women’s changing area at Target then took pics of the woman. How about just a law saying that people leave people alone that just want to pee.

Thanks Paula for testifying.

The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

TX (R) Senate voted 21 - 10 this evening telling transgender people they are not deserving of basic rights to use the restroom facility they identify with.

Sad times here this evening, peoples nerves are frazzled out over this. One last attempt to stop this in the house, and YES we are in for the fight of our lives.

If we lose there we will be getting in line for the supreme court is my next thoughts.

Please support this effort to defend basic human rights, especially if you live here and will be affected.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0a8a40e829ac4
    Last edited by Lauri K; 07-25-2017 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Add link
    Way too Girly ! I couldn't smell the smoke, and now I'll watch the flames

Out on Parole ......Woo Hoo

We know that it's about basic human rights, Lauri, but they don't. Ignorance abounds in places like TX and NC, and there is no shortage of politicians who will cynically (not to mention, easily) pander to a crowd who actually revels in their own ignorance, who view intellect and enlightenment as something to be avoided, lest they become "like them left-coast liberal elites". I am afraid that it will take another round of having the reality of social justice and Constitutional law being shoved down their throats before little girls can go to the bathroom without fear in TX.

Wow... Where did that come from? I apologize, ladies, for my intemperate remarks. I have had quite enough of willful ignorance and false piety for a while but, alas, I see it all around me right now.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I had the privilege to meet a women who's picture with her trans son crying in the Texas captiol has gone viral. She is one at the forefront of
    this discrimation bill and fighting everyday for her son to not have his rights taken from him.
    She is a wonderful mom who has shown such love and acceptance of her sons gender it's been great to read her stories
    We have to win this fight and show everyone that even in a conservative state we won't stand for this kind of discrimination

Aspiring Member
    Houston Chronicle keeps piling on the common sense, love for all commentary. I am hopeful the TX bathroom bill will just die in the House. A long list of local CEOs also added the "bad for business" case to rejecting the bill. I wrote a letter to the business editor telling my story, but asked not for publication.

The business angle is very true: hiring and retaining millennials, and also many other workers, requires a corporation to be genuinely diverse. Faking corporate diversity does not fly, people are too aware these days.

For me, it's straight forward. If you have man parts (and I do), you go to the men's room. Otherwise, you go to the woman's room.

If that is your choice, Dan, that's fine, but surely you are not suggesting that it is right to require a transgender woman to use the men's room simply because she might have "man parts". Right?

Quote Originally Posted by dan.dan View Post
    For me, it's straight forward. If you have man parts (and I do), you go to the men's room. Otherwise, you go to the woman's room.
    OK Dan,
    I have man parts below the waist. I have woman parts above the waist (breasts - worked hard for them). Now,if we're going strictly by body parts, where do I go? Since the breasts are more visible through clothing, shouldn't that mean that I'm supposed to use the ladies' room?

A common argument used by the anti-trans folks is "men use the men's room. Women use the women's. Period." I'd agree with this if you add this phrase at the end."
    "AND IT'S NOBODY ELSE'S BUSINESS WHAT'S IN THEIR UNDIES"

Simple, huh? If you're out and about as a woman, use the ladies' room.
    If you're out and about as a man, use the gentlemen's room.
    Don't worry about other people's plumbing.
    Why do people try to make it more complicated than that?

Dan:

I can only presume that you dont go out fully presenting as a woman. Or, that you live in the safest place on the planet. Most of us that do go out presenting as other than our birth sex will go where we feel safest, as we don't have a death wish. If the reason for your statement is that you subscribe to the canard that crossdressers and trans folks are all latent rapists or child molesters who are only wearing women's clothing to gain some advantage over poor defenseless women and children, then I urge you to present to us the statistics of crossdressers or thansgender individuals who have actually attacked someone in a restroom (and don't use the few sorry examples of men who clearly only dressed to carry out a crime -- they are pathetic and are not us.

If, on the other hand, you yourself do go out dressed and presenting fully as a woman, and use the men's room with quiet abandon and devil-may-care confidence, at least sit down and point your feet the right way.

A little bit of detail in your profile might go a long way in helping us understand your position on this. (no pun intended)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

I remain conflicted about crossdressers, such as myself, using the Womens' room even while dressed. I'm fully on board with transgender people using the room that matches their identity. I don't consider myself as being someone who has earned that consideration.

Over the past 5 or 6 years I have used the Ladies room exactly twice. Both times were after I had received a professional makeover and felt like I passed fairly well. When possible, I still use the bathroom at my home while having a day out after a makeover. Which means I prefer the risk of being seen in a dress by my neighbors in broad daylight over the risk of potentially making someone else uncomfortable by sharing the bathroom with a cross dresser. Likewise, I won't go in the Mens' room either when dressed.

Please accept my statements here as my current feelings about the topic. I'm actually happy and encouraged that others don't feel the same guilt and anxiety over this issue that I do. For me, however, I'm not there yet.

Regards,
    Nora

Quote Originally Posted by dan.dan View Post
    OMG!!! I would rather go in my pants than in a men's restroom. Until I complete my transition, it would certainly cause a stir if I went into the men's and, in many places, it would be dangerous.

This has got to be a joke.

Wonder if Ms. Dan just likes to check out all the guys in the men's room ? Just saying why would she want to use the men's room.

Does not make any sense to present female and use the mens room, that is going to cause a stir for sure like Jeri pointed out.

Which reminds me, am I just feeding the fish here, cause I am befuddled at the "parts" determining which restroom to use

Each time I've been out dressed and actually needed the bathroom without hesitation I've gone to the ladies room. Now I'm
    still a bit nervous about it that some women might read me and say something especially with all this news in Texas about it
    however it seems we have a lot of folks on our side and I have my doubts many businesses would make a fuss if someone
    said something, at least that's my hope.
    Protecting the most vulnerable is very important and that most assuredly includes trans women and men for that matter

Last weekend I needed to use a public toilet.

As I reached the entrance the attendant actually pointed me in the direction of the ladies.

He obviously did not want me using the male toilet.

I know we are a target for some groups. History says a lot about those who target minority groups.
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 08-04-2017 at 02:49 PM.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Years ago the wife and I were on vacation and stopped into a very nice lesbian club There were a few other MF couples, but most of the ladies were interested in the other ladies, no big deal. We chated with some nice ladies and I had to use the men,s room to get rid of some beer. Well the men room had the tall down to the floor urinals and there was another man in there, well we are doing out business when this GG walks in unzips her jeans does a little adjustment and pees away. The other guy freaked and ask if I knew that was a woman, I said so what. If you are in club go with the flow of the club, if it's a public place go with how you are dressed. A while later this same lady was chatting up the wife while I played pool, when I walked up to them the young lady say she hope she didn't make me feel uncomfable aand I sid not at all. No private parts were showing . Texas and N.C. are making a big stink over nothing.

Just wanted to post good news, the Texas house never brought the bathroom bill up for a vote in the special session.
    Yea!! The governor has said for now it's dead but it may be back, let's hope not. A great win for the girls of Texas and
    TG men

Amen, Rachel. Thanks to everyone who called, lobbied, and testified against this ridiculous idea.

Awesome! As a Texan I'm very glad it died in committee.

I've just returned from a visit to Ireland, where, at the Cliffs of Moher, all the toilets were unisex. We got off the bus and queued together. And you know what? Everyone got the business done quickly and without mishap.

There were people of every nationality there. The only ones who wrinkled their noses were the Americans.

Unisex toilets. Way to go!!!

In Cape Charles, Va. If anybody recognizes you as such the management will tel you to use the men's room or leave. This is in all the clubs. From a town saved by the LGBT community , the realtors have bought in new people with more conservative attitudes and they think they are above the laws.

Leigh, that is great news. It has never been an issue and it was brought in by the Bigot senators. I hope it does not return.
    Part Time Girl

Aspiring Member
    Jeff Sessions is up to no good....trying to overturn workplace discrimination laws for LGBT...ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by ginapoodle View Post
    Jeff Sessions is up to no good....
    It takes these kinds of events to wake people up, 2018 is approaching fast and this craziness helps our efforts so much more to gain back some ground in mid term elections

Seriously, I typed a long reply on my phone and my reply did not post? Pissed on that outcome.

My reply to an essence, real common sense, will piss everyone off and that is, go where you feel safe. People's feelings cannot be legislated and that is a simple truth.

I either go at home or I seek out single occupancy, single use restrooms. No legislation needed.

Kisses,
    Bella

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Pic attached. Comments welcomed. Fire away!
    Attached Images Attached Images