Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you date a CD/TS?

Would you date a CD/TS?

I've seen several threads posing the questions of being with a man for a date/ boyfriend/etc. Now, I'm going put out another scenario- Just suppose, you were out in drab, and a CD/TS attracted your attention. You get to know this lady, and you are in a position to be her date. or if it worked out, her boyfriend. Obviously we would want to continue being who we are, and she did accept that, because we're alike.

Would you like to be in that situation?

Twenty years ago, before I realized that I am Transgendered, I dated several crossdressing transgenders. I think that being with them made me realize my own nature.

I was watching "I Am Cait". Candis Cayne is really beautiful. I'd date her.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I have to answer with a yes and maybe. Sure I would be her date her boyfriend maybe. It isn't the cd/TS that would be the problem though. Although I enjoy being with a guy from time to time I so far have been unable to put up with them for an extended period of time. So if she is a he in personality I wouldn't expect it to last long.

I am totally hetro, that said, if she was fun,
    happy, and an out going lady I would go for it.

I would absolutely date another CD or TS gal. It would of course, depend on the person but all things being equal I would certainly welcome it.
    I would want to be en femme with her for the most part!
    The most common form of despair is not being who you are. - Soren Kierkegaard

I've see quite a few pretty CD/TS, also have coffee with one regularly (who is in my blog and I would like to have dated, had we both not been married)
    So yes
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

I really cannot get excited about any potential partner with male anatomy. I have not yet had the pleasure to meet a post-op TS I would be interested in dating, but wouldn't rule it out on principle if the opportunity and the chemistry were right. Otherwise, it's strictly GGs for me.

- Diane

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I have met post op TS's I liked, but wouldn't go there because I wasn't attracted to them. If I was attracted, I would!

I have been attracted to a few fem dressers. They passed for females to me. But, because I don't know if there r male parts involved, I get turned off thinking about going there.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I would. maybe not date. but I'd love to have a relationship with the right one

With the right person, yes.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sometimes Steffi View Post
    I was watching "I Am Cait". Candis Cayne is really beautiful. I'd date her.
    Seriously! True that!

I've always had the fantasy desire to have a crossdressing friend to hang out with.
    And having a CD and/or GG partner to play, ehem, damsel in distress would be fabulously thrilling.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    Seeing my life partner who I have been with for the last 14 years is a crossdresser, my answer is obviously a yes.

Banned Read only
    Questions for those in the thread about dating TSes:
    1. What about trans women makes you feel they (post-op) are a poorer choice than a cisgender woman (GG)?
    2. Oh right "that." Given your own gender issues, doesn't it feel hypocritical to question those who are most likely to understand you?
    3. Do you see pre-op / post-op trans women as being an equivalent choice to dating another CD? (Elaborate)
    4. How would you feel about a thread in the TS forum asking about "would you date a CD?", especially if many of the respondents replied "maybe, but only if closeted" and then stipulated a particular genital size?
    5. Do you see trans women as being women or or as something like a woman, but not really a woman, a step down from "the real thing"?
    6. A woman is being attacked and beaten by a man. Would you help her if she were actually pre-op trans? (For the sake of the question, assume you can tell because of the nature of the assault.)
    7. What does the phrase "internalized transphobia" mean to you?
    8. What does the term "objectification" mean to you, with regards to women, cis or trans?
    9. Bonus question. You meet a beautiful woman who is an aerospace engineer who makes a salary about 4x yours. She discloses she is trans. What about yourself would attract this woman to you?

Thanks, really looking forward to your answers!!!!
    Last edited by PaulaQ; 05-19-2016 at 08:14 AM.

It's interesting how the OT puts Cd, and TS together. As much as I hate labels, and believe you should fall in love and/or have sex with whomever you click with, there is an ongoing debate in these pages about who is/what is gay.
    A male having sex with a CD is, by traditional definitions, gay.
    A male having sex with a TS is not.
    That being said, have fun, be safe, and gender is just a state of mind- Enjoy.

This is actually a little bit difficult to answer. If I were to be with a TS, be her boyfriend, which if given the chance to be with one I liked I would, I don't think I would want to dress up around her so much, I would probably stick with my more feminine style or even ease off it a bit. I would want her to really be the girlfriend while I took on being the boyfriend more.

With another CD is different. She would have to be my roughly my age or younger, and she couldn't be a full time crossdresser it would have to be more like a gay relationship. It would also need to be a more fluid, versatile relationship with neither of us taking on a more dominant boyfriend style role, it's either that or I would do the same as what I'd do if I was with a TS and that's to take on that boyfriend role instead of being girlfriends. For me I like being feminine for older masculine guys, that's when crossdressing becomes more of a thing for me.

It's a bit disappointing that on a Trans website so many see little difference between a CD and TS.
    Is it internal transphobia or ignorance?
    Either way it saddens me.

One is like dating a man one is like dating a woman regardless of clothes or genitals but I fear even here there are those that can't see beyond the physicality.

Maria,

I have thought of this happening a couple of times. But was afraid of what would happen if she found out I crossdress too? Would she not want to date or see me any longer? Some of us may only underdress because we don't pass fully dressed. Or the environment in which we work...

If a CD/TS was attracted to me enough that they would enjoy more of my company, I would have to be totally honest with them, and request the same. I think it would be a great experience for both of us. I am sure she would understand that she wouldn't be judged or ridiculed, so she wouldn't be stressed by that.

@--}----
    Michelle

I'd date a transgender woman if very fit but I wouldn't date crossdresser.

Quote Originally Posted by I Am Paula View Post
    .....As much as I hate labels....
    A male having sex with a CD is, by traditional definitions, gay.
    A male having sex with a TS is not.
    If a TS has not had SRS and has sex with a male, that's gay sex. Your brain can tell you that you are a woman, you can call yourself a woman, and others can recognize you as a woman, but a male cannot become a female by declaration.

As far as I'm concerned this is a question for academics.
    I've dated cis males, cis females and TG as well.
    I look at a persons eyes and listen to their laugh...if that stuff is right the rest just really doesn't matter. On the other hand if what is inside doesnt fit then the outside won't fix it.
    Last edited by samantha rogers; 05-19-2016 at 01:19 PM.
    Every fear that held me back, when faced, has proven to be hollow.
    Courage is not the lack of fear, but the willingness to ignore it.
    It's your life. Make it count.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhian View Post
    I'd date a transgender woman if very fit but I wouldn't date crossdresser.

So I can make the assumption your rules apply to GGs too? Otherwise I find this very insulting.

Truth for me is, I date anyone I feel attraction for. Sorta hypocritical to be in the TG world but exclude TGs...yes? Right now I don't like men (long stories) but that could change again.

Nicole, you and I disagree a lot...but I really do disagree with your statement above since I have friends who are married to Non-OP trans people. And you know what? I don't care what kind of sex they have.

Now, let's try and keep this civil. Get off the TS vs CD train
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Word Lorileah... word
    Every fear that held me back, when faced, has proven to be hollow.
    Courage is not the lack of fear, but the willingness to ignore it.
    It's your life. Make it count.

For dating if I enjoy their company I would date them but dating for me does not require sex. I have hang ups that would rule out actual sex but not snuggling and kissing some one with male bits down there. I'm only attracted to females so far but most CD's and all TS's I consider female if they are presenting as such. But that boundary might change for the right person though I think it unlikely.
    Last edited by JessieA; 05-19-2016 at 03:34 PM.

Simply put. Yes!