Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Infiltration

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.

Infiltration

Do any of you feel that there are some members coming in that just seem to be here to gather information?
    Almost like they are writing a thesis or a news article.
    Some seem to want to draw out the kinky side or the more sexual aspects some have.
    They want to discuss the bathroom bills and always say they are playing the devil's advocate just for the sake of the conversation.
    Some say they have CD'd in the past but have no concept of the terminology like most of us that do dress.
    Call me inquisitive or being on my guard but there seems to be some fishy things going on here.
    What is their intent?
    To discredit us? Too make us look foolish and unstable? To gather info for what purpose?
    I don't trust people that come in here and right off the bat start asking questions that sound more like "hey I work for CNN and I want info".

Maybe so Tracii but bring 'em on. I'm happy to be myself whether they consider me good, bad or indifferent. As you say their own terminology will give them away. Even so, I'm all for education and maybe they will learn a thing or two in the process.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I encourage participation and want new members to feel welcome, but given the anti everything climate of things at the moment I feel like there is some fishing / trolling going on here and potentially there a some here who do not have our best interests at heart...........

So don't feed the fish and watch for baited hooks is my first thoughts here.

When I see that members here are not trying to come to unified voice on an issue, and the issue being discussed is one that affects everyone here my radar goes on high alert ........

Remember the infighting within the community is what the oppositions wants, they want to turn us all against each other and break us up

Don't be a victim of the sea, and beware of all life guards that look like sharks
    Last edited by Lauri K; 05-25-2016 at 11:21 AM.
    Way too Girly ! I couldn't smell the smoke, and now I'll watch the flames

Out on Parole ......Woo Hoo

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I wouldn't be surprised. I know in the past there have been trolls who have posted comments and questions that initially were treated as if they were legit but before long they were identified as agent provocateurs. If someone is a working journalist it could easily harm their credibility should they pose as something they aren't in order to get an outrageous response. They know the best approach is an honest one. However, someone like the fake journalists who did the Planned Parenthood videos will stoop to the lowest level to get what they want and then twist it to better serve their purpose.

We just need to be honest, cautious, but honest.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Interesting thread, I quite like the topic here Tracii.

First of all, because I am new and active here I'll declare that no I do not work for any media outlet, NGO or government. Nor am I anti or not who I essentially say I am.

I personally think openness and transparency is a good thing when it comes to issues or things people do not understand. Questions should be asked and answered, if they are not there is risk of alienation, misinformation or even misrepresentation. That is why more people should become involved and contribute, as it will better represent the community. I haven't seen what you're describing but I have seen plenty of curiosities, arguments and debates. I think that is healthy and can be expected with a topic full of such diverse people and opinions.

Some people are clearly more kinky or sexual than others is what I would gather from that particular aspect you mention personally.

Those playing devils advocate are likely genuinely interested in hearing what has to be said, people want to hear others opinions and may present opposing opinions. Take that opportunity to create a strong argument, teaching is a great way to learn. You have to also remember all the people that are looking on and reading. Information, opinions and healthy debates and discussions are a good thing. Wanting to silence and or censor speech is not a good thing.

If they don't understand or know of the terminology to me that is not a big deal. For many it may be completely new, if they are interested teach them. Keep using the terminology.
    Last edited by Alexa CD; 05-25-2016 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Minor typo correction.

Untitled
    Considering that this, the TS and F2M forums are public, I doubt that there are many who join just to troll. There is enough contention between the members and publicly voiced that they only have to read.
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

Drat! I will now have to report back to my Illuminati masters that they are on to us. This will need to be discussed at the next Bilderberg conference.
    Last edited by LilSissyStevie; 05-25-2016 at 12:39 PM. Reason: typo

Banned Spammer
    Nigella you and some others might think that and some here seem to live in a dream world and could be very easily used with out them knowing the true intent of the "other" person.
    My radar stays on 24/7 and I guess I see things in a very different way than you do. Most people in the media and government do not like us at all and don't want to try and understand and would very much love to do damage to the movement.
    Last edited by Nigella; 05-25-2016 at 12:56 PM. Reason: referred to post has been deleted

Honestly Tracii Nigella was right in a way, contributors here regularly get into arguments so there is near no need in creating them. I do agree with you that people should be cautious and keep their eyes open though. In terms of government and media, I personally haven't seen much opposition at all anywhere in the West.

I understood the part Suit said that many people will be using the forum as a sounding board to see what others are doing, feeling and thinking. Some sense was made.. Also instead of ruler, scale of kink would have made more sense.

Hi Tracii
    I suspect it's more a case of seriously conflicted / closeted individuals getting their jollies posting here. If a news source really wants a "bad example" all that's really necessary is to send a news crew with a camera to a demonstration, club, or "gay" district, and wait for the crazies to swarm - news cameras have a reputation for being (vulgarity) magnets.
    That said - yes my guard relaxes very carefully, and rerely

Tracii,

CNN probably called it a day after they saw a few threads that went something like this.

"I think I will underdress today, made up my mind I am going to be wearing red lace panties under my jeans with my favorite bra, I hope no one can see them, but just in case I wore 4 men's shirts, but before I stepped out of the house I decided to put on men's underwear over my panties too. Still I worry if someone can see what I am wearing underneath, gee, I hope no one thinks I am gay."
    Way too Girly ! I couldn't smell the smoke, and now I'll watch the flames

Out on Parole ......Woo Hoo

and then, after I was out of the house I remembered it was the day for my mandatory physical at work

I think we tend to catch those fairly quickly usually. Now when you say you dres...is that all day, once a week, once a year...

I do see that some come on here with ulterior ideas and I think Nigella will agree we have noted and in most cases shut them down
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

In defense of Traci "Sometimes paranoids are right - there IS someone following them."
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Banned Spammer
    Donnalee I am in no way paranoid just cautious who I deal with when conversing with them online.
    I Have in the past been contacted by publications if I wanted to be interviewed about CDing.
    One was a seedy publication out of the UK that had a habit of degrading gays and lesbians.
    I'm not a conspiracy type or living in fear or anything like that I just know people can be very devious in their intent.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by donnalee View Post
    In defense of Traci "Sometimes paranoids are right - there IS someone following them."
    On the money with that one .

To be completely honest, I've seen a few a posts that seem unreal to me. I can't quite put my finger on it, but if I'm suspicious of intent, I just don't give a comment.

Becky
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Wow, Tracii, I have been thinking that for a longtime! I didn't want to stir up a hornets' nest or cast accusations, so I have never said anything. There have been a couple "new" members who have systematically made new postings that seemed to me to be used to gather information for a thesis, then they just disappear. I suppose there is no way to police that and in the long run does it really matter? If it helps to educate the public and helps members who may be working out issues, then I'm not worried about it. On the other hand, there have been a couple postings that seem to be crafted by a committee of mischievous people. I'm not sure that stuff helps anybody. Thanks for bring this up!

It always happens on forums. I was a mod at a political forum. they might get away with a couple dozen posts if they are lucky. I have sometimes questioned those on here who say they are GG, and gush all over us and say we are as good or better than GG's. We are all so great.... I am not saying it would never happen that a GG would have this opinion, but I do think there have been a few who were faking their GG status. And yes, definitely there are some on here who may just be peepers, or perhaps the info gatherers. I don't think they are news types though. They can get all the info they need outside of a forum like this.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

If there are anti's, or trolls here, it would be interesting to know if they are doing it on their own, or working for an organization. I should think it would be not worth the effort for pretty much no returns that I can see.

Banned Spammer
    Yes Becky we do have the option not to respond.
    If I responded to every weird ass post here how I actually felt I would have been long gone because some are really "out there" so I keep my mouth shut.
    Oh and you can be sure there are anti trans and or gay people here in larger numbers than you may think.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 05-25-2016 at 03:47 PM.

Well I must be naive and too accepting as I've not thought this about any post. Maybe, I'm just too trusting.

In saying this, I do remember a new member starting a post about six months ago in which she soon got accused of being a troll. That member is now a very active member of the forum having posted over 500 times including regularly posting photos.

I suppose what I'm saying is don't be too quick to judge and give people the benefit of the doubt.

Nothing surprises me, and it is not impossible that such happens. Privacy is going the way of the DODO Bird.

I remember the days, years ago, when I was writing an article on CDing for a major UK publication.
    I'd ask questions and people would respond because the internet gives anonymity, I guess.
    Much simpler days.

Then I went native. I started using the information I got to transform myself into the woman I had longed to be.

Just playing.
    But on a serious note, if you put it in black and white online, it's usually a 'forever' kinda deal.
    So be careful what you write.
    Most of us here have pure intentions, and I know what you mean about things smelling a bit fishy.
    But that's more often than not, when a user posts a constant stream of make believe stories ("nearly getting caught by the UPS guy", "went to the mall en femme - Yay!" - no pics... you know the type)

As for users with nefarious intentions and sharing your info, just use common sense if you don't want to be caught out...
    Don't post identifiable info. Don't post pics of you as a guy. Simple.
    Samantha -x-

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Donnalee I am in no way paranoid just cautious who I deal with when conversing with them online.
    I Have in the past been contacted by publications if I wanted to be interviewed about CDing.
    One was a seedy publication out of the UK that had a habit of degrading gays and lesbians.
    I'm not a conspiracy type or living in fear or anything like that I just know people can be very devious in their intent.
    Sorry Tracii; this was meant to be somewhat tongue in cheek. I did not mean it in an accusatory way.
    I am well aware that things, particularly on the web, are not always what they try to appear to be and deal with them accordingly.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Banned Spammer
    I didn't take what you said in a bad way donnalee so its all good.
    I figured I couldn't be the only one to notice this.
    It seems to happen periodically and I'm glad the mods notice it too and act on it.