Thread: Told my ex wide

Told my ex wife

So I've been talking with my ex for a few weeks now and finally got the nerve to tell her I cd. She took it as very offensive that I hid it from her while we were together. Says she's not judge mental but feels betrayed. We are friends so hopefully can stay friends. Thoughts?
    Last edited by Lorileah; 05-27-2016 at 06:01 PM. Reason: no edit was done

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    That tends to be the theme from wives who were not told. Good for you for finally telling her. Did the world end?

Why did you need to share that hole thing with the EX

Just can't help myself! Brenda456's Avatar
    Telling something like that to an ex-wife is risky--unless the rest of the world knows anyway. But, you know her better than anyone else.

I can undertand the need to tell, but i am afrais she will spread it all areound, though. Too bad men have no right to ever wear clothes designed for women, as if its as bad as murder!

Banned Read only
    You had a different expectation? Read the words from the wives. This is NUMEBR 1 on the list.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I had to tell my ex when I told my 2 adult daughters. Since her reality exists in her mind, I knew she's go somewhere into outerspace with it! So, I wanted to be there when she flipped out. She did!

I wasn't worried about her telling anyone. Because it would affect our girls. She's asked if she could tell a couple of folks. I explained that knowing would be a burden for them just as it is for her. It's something most folks would gossip about. She understands what a burden is for her and our kids. None of them have "spilled the beans"yet, to my knowledge.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I think beginning the conversation with the reasons you didn't tell earlier is always a good idea. For me the confusion, shame self hatred, and not knowing how persistent it can be, expecting that you could 'overcome' it, until you accept that it is not going anywhere. So by now they are worried that it is something truly atrocious, and they know how much you have suffered when you tell her that it is about cross-dressing.

I think doing it the other way around they only hear about CDing and your inner journey seems like an excuse if they hear it at all. So start with the 'why didn't he tell me?' first.

Thanks, this helps a lot