Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sissy moniker

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.

Sissy moniker

I have seen a few more members with the word sissy in their name.
    I have often wondered if sissy means something to these people or if its used more by people that are not in the USA to describe a trans person.
    I understand the fetish for sissy clothes but thats not what I am asking about there.
    I do know that if someone called me a sissy I would be offended because I don't feel I am a sissy as in the dictionary definition.I may be gay and TG but I'm not a classic sissy as most people here would view one.
    Just to let you know I'm not the type to get offended easily and I can put up with a lot of harassment before I will go off on a person physically.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 05-21-2016 at 01:55 PM.

Banned Read only
    You say that if someone called you sissy you would be offended.

Is the reason you would be offended simply because you are not sissy, or is the reason you would be offended is because you don't like what the word "sissy" means to you?

Banned Spammer
    I thought I made that pretty clear Jenni I would not consider myself a sissy in the classic sense and yes sissy to me is a derogatory term.
    Yes I'm a male and yes I'm TG also gay but its the connotation of the word sissy.
    I find being called a "pussy fag homo" just as offensive.

Banned Read only
    Have you ever been called a "pussy fag homo"?

|Is it that each word "pussy" "fag" "homo" is offensive to you or is becomes offensive when all three words are used together?

Or is it not so much the words themselves that are offensive but rather a particular person who uses these words towards you in order to cause offence?

I have to agree with Tracii, sissy is not a good word for any of us but perhaps the times have changed. I know the word has been used for a sissy boy who is being dominated by a girl. But for me sissy is a no no word.
    Part Time Girl

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Dana44 View Post
    I have to agree with Tracii, sissy is not a good word for any of us but perhaps the times have changed. I know the word has been used for a sissy boy who is being dominated by a girl. But for me sissy is a no no word.
    For you it is a no no word. For me I would never use it either.

I'm playing devil's advocate here. Just because I don't like it, does that mean that someone else shouldn't use it? In this respect, I think Tracii's question is a really interesting one, and I'm only trying to delve deeper into it.

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    I dislike that word. Growing up, being called that meant that you were a "panty-waist" (which ironically, I technically am, now ) or a "mama's boy". It meant you weren't a "man" in plain terms. I grew up in the UK in the 50s and early 60s, so perhaps it means something different to me, than it would others.
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

Quote Originally Posted by jenni_xx View Post
    Just because I don't like it, does that mean that someone else shouldn't use it?
    Really poor argument IMO. It's like the "I can say because I own it" mind set. Like you get special privileges just because you are in a subset. To me it falls with any other word that has been used for years to marginalize people. Every minority has had these words, and they were used to make the person less than whole or less than equal.

Now I do understand that a certain number of people role play in that genre. I get that they like to be seen as sub (I belong to the BDSM world myself). But honestly, I find being called that offensive. Maybe if I was in that circle and presented in that manner it would be different, but the use of the word outside of the community by those who use it to hurt is just plain low.

All that said, as long as there are those who use it and use it to describe themselves, it will never go away and it will just confuse those who aren't in the community as to allowable usage. Personally, I try diligently to avoid using any word that has a negative connotation for any group of people
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Banned Spammer
    I grew up in the 50's and 60's too so maybe that has something to do with it.
    Yes Jenni I have been called "pussy,fag,homo" in one sentence and yes it sounds funny but when the guy is really angry maybe the attitude has something to do with it.
    Granted the guys education level was lacking but offensive none the least.
    I was just wanting to get an overall take on the word sissy and what everyone thinks of the word if you are referred to as one.

I think in general any words used with disdain or disrespect are a problem. They could call you a Princeton-educated Doctor of Philosophy, but if they put enough topspin on it, the natural reaction is to demand, "You take that back!" Some people like 'sissy' and use it. No harm.

As to the niceties, subtleties and shades of meaning that people encode into words -- they're generally lost on people outside the field. So some cisgender yahoo is still going to use 'sissy' as a synonym for 'transgender individual.' Nothing you can do about it except get booked on an assault charge.

interesting thread. Any of you heard of sissysocial.net ?

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    Really poor argument IMO.
    Trust you to jump in feet first and miss the point.

Being a sissy ain't for wimps!

From Wikipedia: "Sissy (derived from sister; also sissy baby, sissy boy, sissy man, sissy pants, etc.) is a pejorative term for a boy or man who does not conform to "standard male" gender stereotypes."

It's the pejorative aspect that makes the word a problem. I most definitely do not conform to "standard male" gender stereotypes." I do think of myself as a sissy for me it's a term of endearment. It describes me sexually and as a crossdresser.

I hope I don't offend, I really don't mean to. 🌺

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSissyStevie View Post
    Being a sissy ain't for wimps!
    OK, "LilSissyStevie" you're the first with 'Sissy" to chime into the thread. Any insight you wish to share.

I am a child of the 1950's and 1960's and 'sissy' was a derogatory term. It was used in a sexual way to indicate the person was not manly.

I well aware the term "sissy" may be used as a term of endearment. A lot of communication is not just verbal. There is voice inflection, There is facial expression. If a cross-dresser is wearing a French Maid outfit and his/her wife pats her/him on the butt and calls her/him "my little sissy," that is a world of difference than school yard boys berating another boy calling him a "sissy' with intent to demean him in front of others.
    Last edited by Stephanie47; 05-23-2016 at 05:46 PM.

Banned Spammer
    Stephanie47 I'm aware some people are into self degradation too and want to be made fun of. I don't get it but if someone is into that I'm OK with it.
    I hate when somebody assumes I am a "sissy".

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Altho I would never be presumptuous enuff to assume I knew what Lorileah means, the "sissy" connotation is used by some fetish dressers. It seems to go along with the common, "forced fem", fetish. And, with those that get a thrill dressing up as little girls or even babies.

Just to anticipate any flack, none of those do anything for me. Looking like an adult woman is all that blows my hair back.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Personally, I find the term offensive, more from the connotation than the denotation, always a problem with semantics. It just grates on me and I don't really understand why people would want to use it to describe themselves. That being said, in no way would I deny anyone the right to do so.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

I was made to understand it is a voluntary subset of crossdressing, in which one acts very submissive. I have also seen sissy clothing advertised, and it appears like a pre-pubescent fantasy.

Banned Spammer
    We all get the fetish thing about sissy clothing and submissive behavior.
    My question is how does everyone else like being lumped in with the term sissy just because you dress?

Banned Read only
    I'm with Tracii on this one, I get the desire to be refered to as 'sissy' in some circles, that's cool! But MY interpretation of the word is 'afraid to get ones hands dirty, run and hide when confronted by negativity, etc'...I don't think that really describes me at all (and pretty sure it doesn't describe Tracii!), so much so if I were called sissy I'd probably laugh, like if you called me an airplane or a crocodile (OK, I can kinda rock the crocodile look 😉 )

2016-05-21-20-42-41-1006770991.jpg

I've been watching the hard core survival show 'Naked and Afraid' lately and many of these people are ANYTHING but 'sissy' by my definition and if they were called that, they'd probably fall over laughing as well.

Banned Spammer
    Great croc make up Robin.LOL

Ok first of all it is definitely not another away to describe a trans woman. But along with it being a name or description that is used by some it can also be a derogatory term. Personally I don't find it offensive, but it can be offensive. Calling a trans woman or anyone else a sissy is basically an insult unless that person either doesn't mind or likes the name. I'm not even sure I really group crossdressers and sissies in as the same thing, although there can obviously be overlap. I think it really depends on how the word is used, I don't get offended easily at all, so for me it would either depend on who said it, what context and how they said it. If I was with a guy and he just offhandedly called me a sissy I wouldn't care, I might even like it a little.

Aspiring Member
    in the 50's 60's sissys did not want to kill ducklings children and women for almost any reason. but if truly vial and a deadly enemy would point in there direction for a male , the low brow unfeeling killing machine the millatery industrial machine pumped out , shown on the nightly news killing commies like squishing cheeze dumplings . who controls the media controls you

Banned Spammer
    Not sure where your head is suit but lets try to stay on topic OK.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 05-22-2016 at 12:45 AM.