When I was younger and just starting my crossdressing adventures, I very much had the desire to go out dressed before I had actually taken that step. I was very nervous about it but really wanted to do it. I think I was looking for acceptance as a girl (especially since at the time I was sure that I *wanted* to be a girl.)

It was fairly easy for me to take that step (albeit, nervous!) because I had several friends who were drag queens to go out with as well as the support of my bisexual girlfriend. After going out dressed many times, the magic quickly faded. I had taken that step and didn't find it to be anything all that great. Not like I thought of it in my mind.

I spent some time in the gay bars to watch my drag queen friends perform...and after that I lost interest in going out dressed. It just wasn't any big deal anymore. I rarely find a reason to go out dressed these days. Not because I have reverted into the closet, as the people close to me know I crossdress and some have spent time with me dressed, but because I have come to two conclusions.

1) I no longer have the desire to *be* a girl. Wait....I stated that wrong. I no longer have the desire to be an *actual* girl. I enjoy my time as a man, and find it very convienient to be able to be a girl or a guy to suit my mood.
2) I have come to the realization that I do this for *me*, because I enjoy it. I don't need anyone elses approval or acceptance anymore.

Nobody enjoys Tabitha more than I do :-)

How do you feel about this issue?