Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Going out versus staying home

If I dress at home I get bored and put on my male clothes. I like to go out and be seen and interact with people.

Wish I had more time to dress - and go out, the only reason to do it at home is trying to second guess what I want to wear when the opportunity presents it self. I feel a lot like NiKKi on this - too much of a pain in the ass without much reward; Ok I'am all dressed up now what? If I am going to the trouble of presenting "pretty" I want to mingle with the muggles...................................Debra

Banned Read only SamanthaLouiseScott's Avatar
    Well Ive been out tonight, and what a mixture it was!

I am near Manchester and its famed canal street, with work. I decided to dress and have a trip out.

I parked my car up and my phone went, a text. Whilst I was sorting that a woman walked past with her other half, looked me up and down and sniggered in a not partic nice way. That was totally sorted within five minute when a very amiable chap started chatting. He wasn't drunk but had had a couple. His best line was "Don't take this the wrong way darling, do you fancy a fcuk" . I wasn't sure whether to be insulted or made up. I went for the latter.

On my way back I was dying for a pee. I stopped and the services, deep breath , head towards the ladies. Some idjit passing by shouted a bit of abuse but once in the toilets whilst reapplying my lippie, a lovely lady struck up a conversation.

The point I'm making ? get out there. Youll get read , youll meet some horrible people but you will meet some lovely people.

Gold Member
    I love to dress, but because of my large size, I could never pass as a female.
    I also have a Mustache to contend with, and I do not see it coming of either.
    I have gone out to a drive through a few time to get something to eat,
    dressed in a skirt and top. No one noticed. and I was thrilled.
    Rader

I was compelled to go out and be seen, especially loved it when I was made by GG's. However today, I would be worried more for everyone has a camera at the ready.

I was really bothered by my fear of going out. It seemed irrational. Going out, for me, at least the first two times, was largely about overcoming fear. I did have fun. It was a thrill. I probably will continue to do it. I don't feel as stressed about it, or as needful of it as I did.

A male friend of mine, in a bit of random conversation, said that he thought he was too self-conscious and he had decided he was going to intentionally put himself in "socially awkward situations", in order to help overcome it. We were in a bar in San Antonio. The bar was full of rowdy Spurs fans watching the game against Oklahoma City. I said, what do you mean? Give me an example. Just then, Oklahoma City made a basket and he jumped up and shouted "OKC !!!". Everyone in the bar turned to look. He said, Like that.
    Every human being is the natural guardian of her own importance.
    The art of progress is to preserve order amid change, and to preserve change amid order.

I've been slightly expanding my horizons...a very little bit. Backyard, mailbox and so on.

The one time I decided to try a bit wider I got startled, and went straight home. Not outed or anything, but the moral of the story is if you don't want attention, you need to blend (not something everyone is concerned about, granted), and that means being out when people normally are out. Going out at 3am, even if just driving around, because there's no one around, simply ensures that those who are around (and there is always someone) see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Anne View Post
    I've been slightly expanding my horizons...a very little bit. Backyard, mailbox and so on.
    Good for you. I think you'll find we have all don't the long walk to the post box in the dark.

I remember in the early 1980s as a 20ish year old, I bought my first decent wig. That was worthy of parading outdoors on its own lol. By coincidence I had bought some lovely sheer stockings that showed up every bit of fluff and hair on my legs. One thing led to another and after careful preparation, a long bath, legs shaved, fully dressed, possibly the best make up Id applied up until then and of course wig prepared to perfection. Jewellery on ,scarf on ,coat buttoned up and brolly up against the rain. I was ready for anything.

I had a 500 yard walk to the end of the street to post a letter. lol

Made me feel good though.

Quote Originally Posted by SamanthaLouiseScott View Post
    Good for you. I think you'll find we have all don't the long walk to the post box in the dark.

I remember in the early 1980s as a 20ish year old, I bought my first decent wig. That was worthy of parading outdoors on its own lol. By coincidence I had bought some lovely sheer stockings that showed up every bit of fluff and hair on my legs. One thing led to another and after careful preparation, a long bath, legs shaved, fully dressed, possibly the best make up Id applied up until then and of course wig prepared to perfection. Jewellery on ,scarf on ,coat buttoned up and brolly up against the rain. I was ready for anything.

I had a 500 yard walk to the end of the street to post a letter. lol

Made me feel good though.
    My first foray out like that also had to do with the mail..with the car at 3am. I figured no one would be around. Nice, but ordinary outfit, like I had come from a meeting, nothing fancy. Hopped in with my letters to drive a few blocks over to the mailbox.

As soon as I turned the corner, I see a police car, and he starts following me aggressively (3am right? nothing else to do). I forgot about mailing the letters and went straight for home. Just as I pulled in the driveway, he blasts past me.

It's been a long time since I got spooked like that, and it ruined what should have been an otherwise fun moment. Oh well. Live and learn I suppose, and I can make fun about it now, but wasn't fun at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Anne View Post
    My first foray out like that also had to do with the mail..with the car at 3am. I figured no one would be around. Nice, but ordinary outfit, like I had come from a meeting, nothing fancy. Hopped in with my letters to drive a few blocks over to the mailbox.

As soon as I turned the corner, I see a police car, and he starts following me aggressively (3am right? nothing else to do). I forgot about mailing the letters and went straight for home. Just as I pulled in the driveway, he blasts past me.

It's been a long time since I got spooked like that, and it ruined what should have been an otherwise fun moment. Oh well. Live and learn I suppose, and I can make fun about it now, but wasn't fun at the moment.
    That's such a shame. Hopefully you've had more positive experiences since ?

Not really. Keeping close to the mailbox at home

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    I've never set foot outside my place dressed. I don't have any desire to. Maybe back years ago when I was in my 20s and 30s I might have wanted to try, but I was a fetish crossdresser back then. I hardly think it would have been appropriate to step out in just a corset, panties, and stockings!!
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"