Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What prompted you to start crossdressing?

With me it just happened. I do not know how to explain it. If anyone knows the true answer why, please let me know. It has been bugging me for well over 60 years.

Julie.

When I was in the fourth fifth and sixth grades nearly every girl was wearing skirts all the time it made me wonder what it was like to wear a skirt. In the seventh grade had the opportunity to try one on. I did and as they say the rest is history.

Aspiring Member
    Hard to say, it's been a long time ago. Don't remember the exact age but it must have been when I was somewhere about the age of 12 that I first tried on my mom's bra. I had gyneomastia at a young age and wondered how my breasts would feel or look in a bra. Liked the feeling of wearing a bra and that grew to wearing more of my mom's clothes. Felt guilty and thought I was the only guy who had ever done that and did it off and on for many years. As I got older it became more common and comfortable. Less of a sexual reason and more of wanting to look like the average woman instead of the hooker look. It certainly wasn't any one thing like someone dressing me up as a girl or being treated like a girl. For me it's more of just "who I am" and no real reason.

I am not sure - i recall being fascinated by wearing girls clothing from a very early age (at age 13 I tried wearing my mother's clothing several times)

When I was 7 or 8 (late 50's), my sister, brother, and I would play dress-up in an old house on the farm. The clothes happened to be dresses. As a teenager, I remember trying on my mother's bra and some other clothes. Many years past by, got married, found a bra my wife discarded, put it on. Then along came the internet and I came across this site. Before long, I started purchasing bras, underwear, then dresses, a wig--it kind of snowballed.

I guess I was intrigued because it was different. I can remember being mistaken for a girl at least twice when I was between about seven and nine, it was probably because of my hair. I think it prompted me to be a little more interested in looking and dressing like a girl, I liked the thought of it and it only grew my already existing thoughts and feelings.

Aspiring Member
    I don't remember what started it. I do remember trying on mom's bra & girdle when is was around 5 and getting caught in my sister's panties when I was 9ish. I suspect but, don't remember, my cousins may have dressed my up when I was little. We spent a lot of time with them.
    Sara

A light blue cotton short nightie, I just had to try it on, when I was about 8 or 9, progressed from there.
    Jennie x

As the lady Gaga song goes "I was born this way", when I was preschool age and that floral sundress that my mother had hanging in her wardrobe, well that dress, for some unknown reason was screaming out to me, saying put me on, wear me,and I I do remember not being able to resist the urge to put it on.
    And this is one of my earliest memories,
    So I really think it is a case of born this way
    Love Rosie

For me it is one word, and that word is Petticoats, LOL!!!!

I know what Dana Carvey as the Church Lady would say... LOL Seriously, I don't know. Hormones? I Dream of Jeannie? A gene I got from my great-grandmother? The immediate prompt, as Jenn said, was the opportunity, at about 13 years old, at my friends house. Big house, lots of sisters.
    Every human being is the natural guardian of her own importance.
    The art of progress is to preserve order amid change, and to preserve change amid order.

Quote Originally Posted by mary simpson View Post
    for me it was trying on mom's high heels , i was hooked after that
    mary, I can relate. High heels are the one thing I can't do without! Also, the very first female item I ever purchased. White heels happen to be my favorite color! You have very good taste :-)

I wanted to feel how stockings felt on my legs, how panties felt around my "parts" and how a bra felt around my chest. Now I know how all these things feel and I LIKE IT, I LIKE IT VERY MUCH!!!!!

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

I was around 12. My mother used me as a dress form for sewing alterations. At first I hated it, but then something clicked and I was hooked.

Around 12 . My sister was a cheerleader and i got the courage to try on her uniform. The feeling was so sexy. From there I went to her panty drawer and was hooked

I know the exact event but not how old I was at the time. My aunt walked in to my bedroom to ask a question, she was wearing a robe but under that robe was a long line bra , a side zip OBG and stockings. Still leaves an impression in my mind today.

Seeing an aunt in a pretty beige skirt suit with matching pumps, and nylons. She looked so nice I just had to try it. Loved it and still do wear skirt suits with pumps, and nylons to this day.

Aspiring Member
    I was curious about how a long, silky skirt felt, so I wore the entire ensemble and loved it. I began presenting as a woman for the sake of it (not acting or whatever) a few years later. Not so much to wear the clothes than... All I can say is that I felt natural looking like that.

Pantyhose for everyone! Jennifer_Ph's Avatar
    L'eggs, Sheer Energy, Sheer To Waist, Suntan, in a silver egg.
    xxoo
    Jennifer

As a child of the swinging sixties, my mom always had a collection of fantastic wigs and mod dresses and boots. She was stunning then (still is today!), and an inspiration for me. As far back as I remember, I was trying on her wigs, wrapping myself in her scarves, etc. Her style made a real impact on me. Though I repressed those desires as I grew up, I embraced them as an adult when I realized that there was nothing wrong with having an inner sense of female style.

My first time I was about 15 whilst babysitting for my Dads female friends its happened a hand full of times in the last 30 years including trying my wifes clothes on until amonth ago when the pink mist has come on strong told my SO last weekend giving it time but feel shes brushed it under the carpet so to speak.

Moms bras and panties were too much of an attraction. Saw them and was drawn to try them. Been hooked on female attire ever since. That is the "what" prompted me. The "why" is still the great question.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Aspiring Member
    What prompted me to start crossdressing? I suppose I just wanted my mother's love.

My mother wanted a daughter when I was born. I was a disappointment. When I was six months old she found herself pregnant again. This time my mother got the daughter she always wanted. My sister was my mother's pampered princess. She was my mother's greatest treasure. I grew up believing that girls were better than boys, and all mothers (and fathers) favored girls. Girls were praised for their appearance, and they all the shiny, glittery things. I was so jealous. So when I was three years old, I started raiding my mom's closet. I would tell my mother that I was just playing "mommy". This would upset her, but I still continued for a couple years. Then by the time I was starting school I was being punished for raiding my mom's clothing.

I don't know exactly but my early memories put me behind my parents bedroom door wearing high stockings from my mom and I was masturbating.
    I'm sure I was under 9 years old because we moved out that house at my 9th birthday.
    The other think I recall that triggers my sexuality very early was that my teacher in elementary, may be second grade found a drawing in my notebooks of a penne and an ass in sexual position for penetration that I draw.. Where I learned that? Why I did draw it? I don't know, But my sexuality and bisexuality began very early, before 7 or 9 years old, then the opportunities to dress my sister's panties, bra just feed the ideas in my mind...
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Many young boys try on feminine clothing. The real question is why did we continue and they did not? They do it once for curiosity and get no joy out of it and never remember it again. We did get enjoyment and that is what makes us different. Why we got that kind of reinforcement is the real big question - genetics and/or environmental things that may have occurred before we could lay down permannent memories so there is no way for us to now remember.
    Hugs, Ellen