Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aging Transvestite..........

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Basically we are responding to the same type of the same body and face issues advertisers have been heaping on cis-gender women for so long (but with more shaving issues). I honestly think we need to take the advice of those who tell women to ignore the ads aimed at 20-Somethings and find the way to be happy with who we are now. I'm trying, but it's so deeply ingrained in my mind after seeing the same ads for 60 years that it is difficult to not be so self-critical.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

You are only 1 year older than me - but I think I look younger than my age in drab and even younger as Ellen. Look at my pictures and tell me that looks like a 56 yr old! I dress for me but do consider the age that Ellen looks and what looks pretty. I have kept my figure under control, but when 18 I was 135 pounds and now I am 'fat' at 170-180 at 6'2", so I used to not need any corset or cincher to be hourglass. I can still walk well in 5" heels
    I think the wisdom and experience I have makes up for much.
    Hugs, Ellen

Great topic. I believe I'm gracefully getting older and adapting to my age. I still feel great and actually feel my passibility has grown as I have embraced my age. I'm with Heidi - adapt as you grow older, and don't let "age" paint you in a box. I routinely "pass" as someone who is 10-15 younger than my physical age, so I play with that, but how I dress now is very different than how I dressed 30 years ago...

Joanna

I am in my mid-40's but do realize that someday I will be in support stockings and old lady dresses.
    However, I still have many more years before that and I plan on enjoying them.
    I am sure when the time comes that I will enjoy my golden years just as much.
    At that point, with many years of dressing and most likely 100% female by then, I will think back with fondness on my younger years.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Profile picture is at 50. Avatar is at 60.
    The only resistance to ageing is to just stay healthy.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Excellent point, Carla. And, what Sarah said. I have a bad back. I lost about 20 pounds when I wanted to improve Sherry's figure years ago. I discovered losing those pounds boosted my energy and helped ease my back problems. Never mind Sherry's looks!

At 73, my back's in better shape than it was 20 years ago and I have the energy to attend a number of T events with girls much younger. And, I can dance all nite! (The hi heels help my back, too!)

Lose those extra pounds! U will live longer, enjoy it more, feel better about yourself, and be much happier when U look in the mirror dressed!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Pretty soon I'll be entering my seventh decade on earth-yikes! I look into a mirror and see an older man. Last year a physical therapist told me I had a good body. At my age that was a compliment. I go to a VA hospital for service connected issues, so I get to see a lot of guys my age and younger. Go to the mall. Heavens, don't go to Wal-Mart. My body attained its apex when I was mid-twenties; six foot one, 175 pounds, wavy bond hair, good muscle tone. Now, well the blond hair is gone. There are many structural defects under the skin, but, nothing that really restricts me and they will not kill me.

I do remember my early years of cross-dressing. They were terrible years filled with angst, anxiety, etc. There was a lot of self doubt about my sexuality. Was I gay like society back in the 50's and 60's would have labeled me? Lots of self loathing. There's probably not too much difference in my body type now than when I was decades younger. The additional twenty pounds are spread over a large frame. My face has aged. A nice wig eliminates the long gone hair. I'm grey now. No issues with that.

The big thing is I feel a lot more at rest now than when I was younger. I've gained the confidence of being myself. I comfortable with my journey and the things I have accomplished. As to my attire, I've always wore dresses and styles that can span generations.

And, so far awakening in the morning and being able to fog up the bathroom mirror is better than the alternative.

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    Yeah, when all is said , only the lucky get to be old and, in good health .
    So, embrace your good luck.

I'm 57 and six months ago I dressed up and looked in the mirror I wasn't feeling the "Pink Fog" at all.
    I felt like Miss Judy was leaving me.

I decided to learn more about makeup and see if I can get so called Miss Judy back before I purge of all her Stuff!

Well I brought her back, at least for a little while. Maybe I should change her name to "Aunt Judy"
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Could not resist a passing comment. There is so much to say and too little space to say it. My birthday at 91, a few days ago, was spent visiting three doctors at the VA - my social life. With all relatives, friends and a wife of 52 years all passed I do spend 24/7 en femme except when either going to VA or feeling so badly physically that I anticipate going to ER (but, fortunately, seldom do). As an old lady with poor posture and cane there are no second glances wherever I go. Beauty salon think I'm in my 70s. Long curly silver/blonde hair is my own (With thanks to my mom's genes). Probably use too much makeup but getting better at it. On the negative side my feet and ankles now swell every day so all my nice shoes sit in my closet. Not unusual for older men, my pecs are now a full 38B in flab.Weight has gone up due probably to an evening cocktail, TV dinners with wine and sweet stuff with my tea. Staying independent thanks, probably, to my memoir recently awarded as one of the "100 most notable books of 2015". My blogs, 73, in number, ends with a life-threatening experience of being over-medicated due to WWII injuries coming back to bug me. Missive too long now. Love you all
    Julie
    Last edited by Julie Gaum; 05-28-2016 at 06:14 PM.
    Summer-wear time

Happy belated birthday and bless you Julie
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Julie Gaum View Post
    Could not resist a passing comment. There is so much to say and too little space to say it. My birthday at 91, a few days ago, was spent visiting three doctors at the VA - my social life. With all relatives, friends and a wife of 52 years all passed I do spend 24/7 en femme except when either going to VA or feeling so badly physically that I anticipate going to ER (but, fortunately, seldom do). As an old lady with poor posture and cane there are no second glances wherever I go. Beauty salon think I'm in my 70s. Long curly silver/blonde hair is my own (With thanks to my mom's genes). Probably use too much makeup but getting better at it. On the negative side my feet and ankles now swell every day so all my nice shoes sit in my closet. Not unusual for older men, my pecs are now a full 38B in flab.Weight has gone up due probably to an evening cocktail, TV dinners with wine and sweet stuff with my tea. Staying independent thanks, probably, to my memoir recently awarded as one of the "100 most notable books of 2015". My blogs, 73, in number, ends with a life-threatening experience of being over-medicated due to WWII injuries coming back to bug me. Missive too long now. Love you all
    Julie
    Hi Julie Hugs and flowers for you,

WW2 That puts you in a very small but Elite group

I would like to shake your hand and thank you for your service to our Country, Again Thanks! >Orchid
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Happy birthday Julie, wow 91!

I will be 65 in 3 weeks. We all age differently and just need to embrace it.
    I often wonder what my life would like if I had taken a different path.

My profile pic was when I first joined, gosh 10 years ago
    Keely

One of the Reds

Happy birthday Julie!! I haven't seen a post from you for a while and always wonder if you are OK.

You make me feel like a youngster as I'm only 75, I'm still working and don't have any plans to totally retire in the short term. Staying active and engaged in intellectual pursuits keeps the body and the gray matter working, neglect either one and you may be on the banana peal! My 2 cents.

My avatar is from a couple of weeks ago.

Hugs, Bria