Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aging Transvestite..........

Aging Transvestite..........

Anyone else in the aging pool, where one can remember how good they felt and looked while dressed? Only to know now, it's a big stretch of the imagination.

I miss my old self...........

Take care of your figure girls.........

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    You're so rite, De. I'm 73. My avatar pic was taken 2 weeks ago!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

That is an interesting comment, and quite relevant. I think it's not only age, but the stress of being a male , and dealing with real life problems from an inherently male perspective. That being said it takes a great deal of discipline to take the time out of our lives to really develope, nurture, and enjoy our feminine side. As you so appropriately said keeping hard at work to have a feminine figure, and all the skills related to dressing, make up, mannerisims, etc, and most importantly our mental ouloook and thoughts which make us really feel, think, and act as a lady. If you have paid that price then you deserve all the joy that comes from this experienence. Like most things in life you you will get back the effort you put into something.

Silver Member
    Ah yes age has caught up with me. I accept it as the women that I'm around do. Makeup isn't as important as comfort. The cute sexy dresses are gone. I'm of the age that had petticoats under their skirts. Back then I could pass. Today, there is no way and I don't have the desire to. I do enjoy wearing pretty lingerie, beautiful blouses and pants.

You are preaching to the choir here(Me). I often think about just what you described. The only regret I have though is back then I didn't dress more and make more and keep the pictures. But it's great being around to reminisce!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

Still pretty young, at 52, but i remember being 32- able to play with the "in"crowd? though i wish i was more youthful, i love the wisdom that comes with age. I can still play dress-up. Yes, take care of your figure, what is good for the heart is good for the brain. As i get older- when i go out- i dress classier.

You cannot go back- so go forward. Engage wisdom over topical mannerisms.

Oh boy, yes we age and wow I'm a young 64 and going strong. I do take care of my figure. But as we age I look a little older and I sure miss my old self also.
    Part Time Girl

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    I'm almost 69 years old and in very good health.

When I was younger, I never felt comfortable appearing as a female in public .

However, now my face and body has morphed into something rather feminine.
    It has been said that as men and women get older we often get gender neutral in general appearance, to one degree or another.
    Females can get more masculine looking and, males can get more feminine in appearance
    This is certainly the case with me.

Older women need not be beautiful, just feminine looking and acting to pass, at least to the casual observer.
    So, now with minimal makeup I can go to the mall, walk down the street etc completely as a female.

As far as dress.. I'm really enjoying dressing like a woman my age. Not overly sexy but classy and feminine.

BTW, my avatar is a recent pic.
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 05-25-2016 at 02:31 PM.

Hi Desiree, Like Barbara Jo said " when we were younger " I turned 75 in April an found that I now fit in with all the other older women. I think for me I used to much make up, not a good wig an other little things that I should not have used. I have just attended two events as a women an was asked all kinds of questions. U are not 75, did u get a face lift, did it take ure wife long to do ure make up, an so on so on. The first event was with more women then men I must admit I did look better then some women. The second event the men an women were about even, but more men came up to me an started a conversation. I am very open an this has open a big door for me. I now am very proud of being both male an female as both are accepted.

I am always telling people how good I looked.

But now that the rot has set in....... :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

As I've now passed the 60 mark what I'm conscious of is not ending up looking like mutton dressed as lamb.

I hope I look like a fashionably dressed mature female. Certainly not OTT but not dowdy either. I do need to work on my figure. Since retirement I've put on a few, did I say few? pounds which I'm working to get off. I'm planning for some extended Helen time later in the year so that's a deadline I need to meet. Blending while looking good is what I'm after.

Having said all that, it just occurred to me that yes perhaps the face is a bit more, shall we say lived in, but what I've lost to time I've offset with a better wardrobe, makeup skills and above all else, confidence.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

One of the real skills at any age is to keep the feminine energies flowing. I beam whenever I have the chance to spend the night at the club dancing which exactly what I did at the club this past Saturday night for 5 hours. Of course your body has the habit of reminding you, hey you're not 23 any more but hey it's worth every minute of it to me. I may be almost 69 but I have fun with it regardless.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Do not despair. Even though age catches us up (I shall be 75 in august), what we must not forget is that we have to dress to our age. I know that long gone are the 20 something clothes that we used to wear, but we can still look good and dress well. Even though we may be getting wrinkles and lines (heaven forbid) we can still go out and pass. When you look around and see how some of the middle aged women dress, (some leave a lot to be desired) we can still look like someones mother or grandmother. Nothing to stop us still going out and enjoying ourselves. Be proud to be who you are.

Julie.

Platinum Member

Think Young Thoughts !

Hi Desiree , You are only 57 and it sounds like trying to talk yourself into old age, support stockings and Orthopedic shoes .

I'm 73 and I take my time and dress and with the right make-up, jewelry, wigs & shoes
    I make a very presentable looking lady.

I have been in this program for almost 69yrs. now and I am loving life......
    Last edited by BLUE ORCHID; 05-25-2016 at 07:30 AM.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Aspiring Member
    I frequent fashion websites that are age appropriate. They prove that it is possible to look wonderful at any age if I do my homework. And they even show me how to do it. Sure it takes more work, but is that not true for just about everything if we want to enjoy our life as sixty somethings?

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I'd much rather be old than dead. That's my first priority followed by, I'd rather be a healthy old person than an unhealthy one. So now I have something to work on. I've managed to damage myself two years in a row and need to fully recover so I can drop a few pounds and improve my stamina. I will admit I still have unrealistic expectations and that's still part of the fun!

Regardless, as I approach 67 this summer, I've found a new appreciation of comfortable semi-casual clothing and shoes. One can't deny this is the downhill part of life, but there is nothing wrong with coasting to preserve energy and using the brakes once in a while to stay on the track.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

I also wanted to say that if you look at the age related dress for women by the decade. The sixty year old women looked as good as the twenty somethings but they defiantly had better dresses on and there was nothing after sixties it was sixties and older. In other words we can look great until we are so old we cant walk.
    Part Time Girl

Banned Read only
    If I look in the mirror in male mode before dressing I ask are you getting too old for all this, as the makeup goes on and the nice outfit with matching accessories that thought has gone. I prefer my look dressed , I prefer the person I become, it's going to take a while yet before age is going to defeat those feelings !

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    I'll leave you with this......

If you worship youth, you plan you own obsolescence.

So, embrace your advancing age and take advantage of it .

Whatever your age is right now, it's the youngest you'll be for the rest of your life! Appreciate where you are now because in 10 years you'll look back and think how young you were back then.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

As the wrinkles get deeper the eyesight gets worse. It all works out Just don't use a magnified cosmetic mirror. Horrors!
    Every human being is the natural guardian of her own importance.
    The art of progress is to preserve order amid change, and to preserve change amid order.

Banned Read only SamanthaLouiseScott's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    You're so rite, De. I'm 73. My avatar pic was taken 2 weeks ago!
    you look great x

I am not making it up!

As I get older, I think in drab I look it. Dressing and the wonders of foundation blusher and the rest of it makes life much better.

I don't regret getting older, not least because I am more confident in femme mode

Aspiring Member
    I'm 73 and make a nice looking mature lady.

Also when I dress I look much younger than my age. I also feel younger.

But I enjoy being a mature lady and dress accordingly.

Since I started dressing in my late 50's like 59, there hasn't been much changes.

When I was a teen I was very thin and would have probably made a knockout dressed as a girl. I have always had nice legs and at that time I could cross my legs knee over knee like a woman.

But I guess I will never know.

I'll just enjoy myself as I am now.

A lot of the "aging" problem is mental. Realize you're not 30 any more and celebrate your age! Look at all that experience and skill you have that the youngsters don't have. Use it! Dress your age and makeup your face so you look mature not old.
    I just turned 60 and I love it! I look good for my age because I don't try to look like a 25 year old. Embrace your age and make the best of it!
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

Quote Originally Posted by Desiree2bababe View Post
    I miss my old self...........
    Take care of your figure girls.........
    Me too, babe, me too. Only it's not just the figure. I could still, with the right padding and bra-stuffing, have a very hot figure. But it's the bags under the eyes, the wrinkles, and the old-person neck that make dressing up unworkable for me.