Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going past, "Feeling like a woman."

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Talking Going past, "Feeling like a woman."

"Feeling like a woman", how?
    I've been trying to understand this for AGES!

Pretty? (Skip that one. It mite be from just looking in the mirror.)
    Sexy?
    Embarrassed?
    Shy?
    Submissive?
    When you do the dishes?
    When u pass while out in public? (I GET that one!)
    When you're with a man?
    Etc., etc.

How do any/all of those "woman" feelings u have compare to how u feel doing the same things as a "man"?

There's no WRONG way to answer this as long as you're specific to my question.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

What you're really doing is feeling like what your definition of a woman would feel like in a certain situation.

Banned Read only
    I have no idea what it feels like to be a woman. But I know what it feels like to be a man presenting as a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    How do any/all of those "woman" feelings u have compare to how u feel doing the same things as a "man"?

There's no WRONG way to answer this as long as you're specific to my question.
    It's a good point really. And even if we *could* feel like a woman, which woman? They're all different, you know!
    You've got me thinking now!

I guess it just helps me get more comfortable with and into a more feminine role. Which I like! But you make a damn good point!

Banned Read only
    Hmmm, being a gender fluid male I'll just say...what makes me feel like a woman...

Pretty? Ya, maybe a little bit 😊
    Sexy? He'll ya!
    Embarrassed? Nope!
    Shy? Nope!
    Submissive? LOL, not me, even en femme!
    When you do the dishes? Like, put them in the dishwasher?? Nope!
    When u pass while out in public? Sure!
    When you're with a man? Not really my cup o' tea so to speak but I can totally get it!

Your OP really quantified it pretty well Sherry, just and a line 'I feel it in my freaking bones' and you'll nail it 😉

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    I have no idea what it feels like to be a woman. But I know what it feels like to be a man presenting as a woman.
    Exactly, Jenn! And, why I posted the question. I've had plenty of experience with presenting as a man in a dress.

And, other than LOOKING like a woman in my mirror, I always feel like ME no matter how I'm dressed or what I'm doing. I wondered if those that say they feel female can explain in what way they feel different from when they're feeling male? Which I can't say I've even been consious of either.

I'm sure many here feel like Robin. But, Robin's answer defies comprehension for those that haven't experience that. I was hoping to hear from some folks that haven't felt like females their entire lives.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Docrobbysherry noted, "And, other than LOOKING like a woman in my mirror, I always feel like ME no matter how I'm dressed or what I'm doing"
    Jenniferathome stated, "I have no idea what it feels like to be a woman. But I know what it feels like to be a man presenting as a woman."

I have come to the point where I really cannot relate ast all to the idea of "feeling like a women" or "exprssing a female side."
    When en femme I am more relaxed and at ease so I may be more polite and act more pleasantly because of that. I still very much remain the man I am, however. I cannot recall any reallt feminine feeligs when I'm en femme.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I see what you are doing here Sherry.

I don't "feel like a women" or "feel like a man." I feel like ME, which happens to be a feminine soul in a male body. In other words, my personality is more on the female side of the gender spectrum, so my dressing is just an outward expression of myself. Does this make any sense?

Doc, I *have* the answer! (for me)

If I act out my feminine side ala male mode, I feel like a "sissy boy", If I am dressed and have my hair done. legs (well actually body) shaved and my nails painted, it feels to me like it's okay to be feminine. Which is a blessing for me :-)

I don't know what it feels like to be a woman or a man really. I only know what it feels like to be myself, pretty good.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Hmmm. I know I'm a woman (despite appearances), so I guess I feel like a woman all the time. How does it feel to be a man? I've been faking it for years, but I still really don't have any idea.

I'm not entirely sure how to answer this. I don't think I quite understand the question but I know I can answer how being with a man is different when you're in the female role as opposed to the male role, but it's not easy to explain.

To me when I am the girl and I'm with a man it feels more natural or fitting, it feels right to have that masculine/feminine, dominant/submissive contrast between you both. When I'm in the more equal or balanced role of being a guy too the dynamics change somehow, it's more of a mutual thing. When I'm the girl I'm alot more focused on pleasing the guy and giving him the kind of girlfriend experience I want him to have. This is when I most, or am closest to feeling like a woman, and it's one of the reasons I like men who are much bigger and older than me, I feel that contrast between us both a lot more, it's amplified.

Am I more shy or submissive when I'm more feminine just in general? I think so, I definitely feel a change in the way I act depending on my appearance, I think it's about conforming to how people are viewing me in a way. If I'm doing the same things as a man I'm alot more outgoing and confident, I'll talk in a slightly different, louder tone. I take up more space in a way you know. This is my way of projecting more of a masculine persona I guess.

I feel a bit like Jennifer at home, Devorah, and Doc, and Kate. I am a somewhat feminine , somewhat masculine non macho male, that gets dressed up to resemble a classy dressed lady, and when i look at the mirror, and the presentation is nice, i do feel a little bit like a lady, , but am not a lady, but when i take it all off, i go back to feminine/masculine non macho male.

I try to be accurate, so I have no idea what if feels like to be a woman. But I have learned from the US society what is termed feminine vs masculine. I have a strong desire and ability to express femininity as well as masculinity and society does not favor people doing both. To me, femininity is longer hair, tighter clothes, exposed smooth legs, high heels and the clack, perfume, more jewelry, changeable face via makeup, nail polish, more chatty/social/complimentary, more smiles. Paying more attention to your appearance and getting more attention because of your appearance. I look OK as a man, my wife says sexy. But as Ellen, I think I look fantastic and others also compliment me, but as the drab me, rarely.
    So I do feel pretty
    I do feel sexy
    Embarrassed? I have not gone out in public to find out
    Shy? I would in general public but hope to be social in a friendly environment such as here
    Submissive - I like to please others(like requests for pictures), but will not get stomped on
    Do dishes - no, same as male me
    I would feel feminine passing in public if I did
    When you're with a man - not interested in male partner but if a man pays me compliments with appreciative stare or words, that would make me feel feminine. If a male compliments the drab me (I have had subway toll collector compliment my tie), then I feel masculine but less than a compliment on my body vs clothing item.
    Hugs, Ellen

I'd have to say that I only feel like a woman when I dress like a woman. And, of course I don't know what feelings women (literally) really have, but I still some have feelings that are best defined as "feeling like a woman". Being en femme evokes feelings that (to me) are girly or womanly.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Im with most others so far in that I don't know nor do I expect I can know what it feels like to be a woman. At the same time as a cross dresser I'm seeking and experiencing things I associate typically with women. The desire to be/feel pretty, enjoyment of clothes makeup shopping that emotionally more interactive friendship.....

Non of the things I desire, define being a woman (though I couldn't tell you what does). They are experiences that are generally more available for women so I find myself emulating women in some things when I can.
    I'm content being a once in a while girl.

What do you see Traci G?

I just feel like me and make decisions on the same basis.
    The only difference is I would not walk down the back streets in a dress, but I would wearing trousers.

Basic safety here and no thoughts of feeling like a woman.

I feel like me.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ressie View Post
    I'd have to say that I only feel like a woman when I dress like a woman. And, of course I don't know what feelings women (literally) really have, but I still some have feelings that are best defined as "feeling like a woman". Being en femme evokes feelings that (to me) are girly or womanly.
    Pretty much the same thing for me as well, Ressie. It's the clothes, definitely. When dressed, I feel womanly (although we can never actually know what that is exactly) I think that (referencing another thread) that this is the difference between crossdressers and those who want to transition: those of us who crossdress and have no leanings towards transitioning in any way, and those who do. We feel feminine only when we're dressed. Those who are trans feel they are women all the time, day or night. Crossdressers like myself, in 'male mode' - don't. For me, it's like having a dual personality, and yet I don't think of Piora as a separate entity or persona. She is simply part of me.
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

Everyone, male and female, feels the emotions you list, sometimes. You cannot know what it feels like to be a woman. You also cannot know what it feels like to be a man. In fact those are nonsense concepts. People, individual, people have feelings. Classes of people do not have feelings. You can get some understanding of how another person feels, but I don't believe you could ever understand how it feels to be them, nor could they ever understand how it feels to be you.

The kinds of feelings many of us have more of when dressed are feelings that our culture has labeled "feminine", probably because they appear more frequently in genetic females.
    Every human being is the natural guardian of her own importance.
    The art of progress is to preserve order amid change, and to preserve change amid order.

Aspiring Member
    Being a man I doubt if I could fully know what a woman feels like.

But for me, wearing beautiful clothing and making my self up with makeup, I feel very feminine and pretty. I feel so relaxed as well as look and feel much younger.

If this is what it feels like to be a woman, I am all for it.

Banned Read only
    Don't get me wrong, I haven't always felt I was a woman, in fact the notion literally hit me like wet cat thrown from across the room two years ago.

When I was a kid I didn't 'naturally fit in' with other dudes but given I liked girls I just worked really hard at 'fitting in' and it worked very well!

Describing how I feel like a woman, I guess that's tough but it comes down to observation.

I (like many of us) are students of feminine manerisms and manerisms are just a physical representation of how we feel IMHO.

When I'm in ANY 'mode' other than full guy, I naturally have very feminine manerisms and I think that just means I 'feel' like a woman.

I guess because I naturally act like a woman, I must therefore feel like a woman...or why would I act like one?

I have no idea what it is like to feel like a woman. I have never "walked in a woman's shoes" in the sense that I don't have the hormonal makeup of a woman and that leads to a lot of particularly female outcomes that I cannot share.

I am a fetishistic transvestite. I enjoy attempting to appear superficially like a woman. I do washing, washing up, laundry, ironing and house cleaning. Occasionally I cook and I sit down to pee but none of that allows me to "feel" like a woman. I may empathize with a woman, or at least think that I am, but I don't really know if it is authentic. Neither do I know what it really feels like to be a transgendered person. I am more or less comfortable with my chromosomal makeup but choose to break societies social dressing and presentation norms

On the other hand, while I don't enjoy and avoid most "manly " things I do have some sense of what even very masculine men feel. much as I find it distasteful.

For me, it hasn't been about feeling like a woman so much as it is about feeling what it's like to experience different things with breasts. I don't know why but I've always been obsessed with breasts. Sometimes I wonder if I don't have breast envy in the way that women have penis envy.