Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Costume crossdressing?

Costume crossdressing?

Anybody here into costume crossdressing? Costumes that can include, but is not limited to:
    Princesses
    Wonder Woman and/or other female superheroes or villians.
    Ballerina
    Playboy Bunny
    Kigurumi/Cosplay/Animegao
    French Maid
    .......etc., etc.

Costumes don't have to be just for Halloween. They can be worn for Birthday parties, New Year's, Other holidays, and so much more. Anyway, what costumes have other people worn or would like to wear? What are your favorite styles?

For me, I would love to try kigurumi, otherwise known as animegao. But the masks are damn hard to get and extremely expensive.
    http://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lu27yhBOdP1qic8pr.jpg

The first time I ever CD'ed was at a costume party when I went as a nun, Sister Immaculata who was sworn to a vow of silence, in a costume I bought for $7-8 at PartyMax or Spencer's. That was a long time ago, before I started to get involved in the transgender world, but I must admit that looking back in retrospect it was an amazing feeling.

I was a good witch once, wearing a buttfly print caftan and sporting a selenite wand.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    I enjoy doing vintage costumes from past decades (usually victorian era, 50's, 60's, and 80's). I tend to wear them to many fun events and historical sites atleast once a month. Check my past posts for all the fun I have in these vintage outfits. I don't do characters though, I present myself in the eras.
    P.S. I got a fun dressing up event this weekend, in which I will share shortly after.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Princess Chantal; 05-26-2016 at 03:21 PM.

I loved wearing my dirndl at several clubs one Halloween
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

Yes. I do animal mascot costumes as a female character, at 'Furry' cons and at anime cons. My red fox vixen character is a lot of fun to portray. Ceera Murakami the vixen is my own original character, as opposed to doing a costume as someone else's character from a movie or a cartoon or a manga.

I am also in a historical reenactment group, the SCA. This weekend I am going to do costumed crossdressing for the first time in that group. While part of the time I will be attending the event dressed like a Scotsman, in a kilt, I will be spending at least half the time en-femme, dressed like a 14th century tavern wench.

I've considered cosplaying as various female characters at an anime con, sci fi con or cosplay con, but I haven't done that yet.

Attached two pics. The shorter fox with me in one pic is my daughter. I made both costumes.
    Last edited by Ceera; 05-26-2016 at 04:10 PM.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Not what I would call into coustume dressing but my first real in public dressing was years ago at a Halloween party and I was in a French maids outfit. Still like those today but don't have one

I like costumes, but I seem to be the only one of my friends who do. I wish I lived closer to Chantal to indulge in her fun and costumes. Here is a picture from the River City Gems, a Sacramento, California support/social group and one as a renaissance maiden that I wore two years in a row for Halloween. I went to a party, a play (and was not the only in costume) and out for drinks and dinner. Thoroughly enjoyed it all and would love to do it a few times a year with friends.

I love costumes. If you look at my past posts you'll see some of the cheerleader and ballerina outfits I have worn. I also have a great Catwoman costume. At the top of my bucket list is probably an elegant gothic lolita (EGL) outfit.

While I not worn them out. I have a Alice in wonderland, a little miss Muffet, Snow white and of course a Maid costume.

Kymmie
    Just your average harley riding crossdressing biker

Why be normal??????

That's pretty much all I care to do for cross dressing. Keeps me happy too!!

I've never done it, but let's not forget crossplay - cosplaying (costume play) that's often done at scifi/fantasy/gaming conventions, where participants dress up in their favorite character who is the other gender.

Aspiring Member
    My first cross dressing outing was as Charley's Aunt.

I wore a beautiful black dress with a hoop skirt, wig with curls, bonnet, string purse, makeup and a nice broack. I went all the way with nice lacy pantellettes.

This was my first time at age 59 and have been enjoying cross dressing ever since.

I have also been A Southern Belle, A Grande Aunte, An elderly lady of the 1860's, a beautiful duchess, an evil duchess and Mrs bates.

It's fun costuming as a woman character/

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I like what Chantal does in the period dresses and historical outings.
    I plan on doing the renn fair this year if my dress and corset get done in time.

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    Hmm. Great thread idea! The only one I have is a French Maid outfit I got some years ago,

French Maid.jpg
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

I have not used a costume. But I love Piora's maid outfit.🌺

I like looking at costumes, and am trying to make some. My in progress costume I started around last halloween was princess peach. I have lots of ideas i just need the time, soon i'll have the space since i'm in the progress of buying a house.
    "There's a she wolf in the closet, open up and set her free" - shakira

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Chantal is my muse! Because of her, I wear costumes all year 'round. Out at specialty events and in my picto stories. I don't hesitate to wear them out if the occasion calls for it. Or, even if it doesn't!

Halloween was MADE for Sherry! I usually attend 4 to 6 events with a different costume for each!

At the WildSide T girl event in Vegas a few weeks ago. I'm with Michelle who is a member here, too. I have permission to post this.
    13239945_560273420818683_5520023208891665901_n.jpg

I wore this to a Superbowl party in Feb. and liked it so much I wore it to a DLV T event in March.
    P1070025 (566x640).jpg

Ariel at Under the Sea nite at Mary's in Long Beach this year. Not a costume event, by the way.
    12814613_10204976615929242_1543069331951249283_n.jpg

My attempt to immitate the Balinesian and Cambodian dancers I saw in Indonesia last year.
    P1060646 (448x640).jpg

Halloween 2015. One of a variety of costumes I wore. Last year.
    P1050572 (584x640).jpg
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 05-26-2016 at 09:29 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I do it once in a while,was invited to a costume party a while back and went dressed as the character Olivia "Liv" Moore on the tv show I Zombie

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiona123 View Post
    I have not used a costume. But I love Piora's maid outfit.��
    Thank you, Fiona. I wear it occasionally. Probably one of the most 'girlie' items I own!

Doc, those are some pretty awesome costumes. You have quite a collection!
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

First time I dressed fem was at a halloween party at a local bar, but just as a woman. I managed to fool about a dozen women, they all thought I was one. Apparently I fooled a lot of them- I walked off with $250 first prize for the best costume.

What iced the cake about that, was I was in competition with about a hundred others who were also in costume. Some of the looks I got from people were priceless.

I'll try to keep this short. A group of friends were going to Las Vegas and I made a bet with Suzie that Cathy would be joining us on the trip. Cathy was pregnant and Suzie said she wasn't going to come. The bet was if I lost I would wear a wedding dress one night in Las Vegas, if Suzie lost she would wear a gorilla suit. Neither of them know I Crossdress. Sadly, I won and Suzie didn't follow through on the bet, which I gladly would have done.

Fast forward a few months. Cathy had heard about the bet and at happy hour one night out of the blue said she just got her bridal veil back from the cleaners and awkwardly segued into what are people wearing for Halloween. Seeing where this was headed I slow played my hand and said I was considering Mr Peanut. i had guessed right and Cathy suggested I go as a bride. Several people at the table thought it was a great idea. I stayed calm and said I'd think about it. Inside my head I already knew I would be doing it. I actually had my friends, who don't know I Crossdress, ask me to be a bride for Halloween.

I even convinced two of my male friends to be my bridesmaids. They didn't go all out like I did, but it was awesome getting all dolled up and have a fun girl night with my closest friends. image.jpg
    Rebecca Bas

Now, given how flawlessly you dolled up as a beautiful bride, did anyone suspect you were a crossdresser and not simply a male dressing up on a whim? Nikki
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by nikkiwindsor View Post
    Now, given how flawlessly you dolled up as a beautiful bride, did anyone suspect you were a crossdresser and not simply a male dressing up on a whim? Nikki
    No one made any comments like that to me. I did have my nails done at a salon and hired a makeup artist for my hair and makeup. I probably could have done them myself but this gave me a good excuse as to why it turned out so well. This was about 10 years ago, I still get people at the Halloween parties since talking to me about how they loved that costume.
    Rebecca Bas

I've dressed up like a french maid for a few parties now.

1464383698119231 - Copy.jpg125653.jpg
    Lydia

"Nothing in life is to be feared; it is only to be understood."
    -Marie Curie