Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crossdresser VS Transitioning

Crossdresser VS Transitioning

Hi girls, I think the advantages of crossdresing is that you can date women when you want and when you want to dress and focal on you femme side you can do that as well. If you transitioned you would be limited as to dating men or tranny women believe. I am not sure about that but that's is what I think anyway.

Otherwise I would consider transitioning but in that case I would have to be a tranny lesbian with gg women or other trannys. So I believe in my case crossdressing would be the way for me to go. What do you think?

Cheers,
    platinumdoll

speaking for myself here...

transition isn't something you "consider" or ponder over like going to college or changing jobs... its like jumping out of a burning airplane with no parachute.

you don't jump out of the plane because it would be fun, or because you don't like the meal choices, or because the people around you are annoying... you jump out because YOU ARE ON FIRE and there is no other way to escape being consumed.

transition potentially jeopardizes every single thing about a persons life, from their closest relationships, careers, housing, even their lives.

you have to NEED it more than everything else in your life, exhaust all other options, and THEN decide if the fall from cruising altitude is less scary than just burning up. Potential dates would fall into the "kid behind me kicking my seat" kind of problem... not really a big concern when deciding if you'll be bailing out of the plane or not.

just my $.02 - Oh, and i'm about 1% into my transition just for the record. Long way to go yet.

**edit - important to note that being 1% transitioned is the happiest I've been as long as I can remember - its not all flaming wreckage
    Last edited by JanePeterson; 05-28-2016 at 11:05 AM.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I think finding a GG to get involved with an openly trans person will be difficult. My suggestion would be to date without mentioning it. Then, if it looks like u both may be getting serious, let the cat out of the bag!

The last time I dated a nice woman, I didn't mention it. After a few dates she began to like me but I knew we weren't going anywhere. So, I told her at her home as we were getting comfortable. All she could say the rest of the evening was, "I can't believe it. I just don't know what to say!"
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 05-28-2016 at 04:10 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Since I'm a plan vanilla cross-dresser, a guy who likes to wear women's clothing on occasion, I really would not want to toy with the idea of transitioning to womanhood. Maybe it would be great to have an accepting wife or a girlfriend to "girl around" with whenever she or I desired. However, transitioning is a serious subject. I know of a sixteen year old who is undergoing the mental anguish and everything else that encompasses trying to figure out who is may be. And, my wife has a cousin whose daughter is transitioning to being a man.

In both cases I think both would have preferred to have a more conforming life. Me? As a cross-dresser I can slip back and forth to fulfill any momentary desires. That's not what transitioning is all about.

Banned Read only
    If this is what you think, you are not remotely a candidate to transition.

hmm compared to others here I am way out of my league on this but if you read the many threads members have posted transition has been a real bear ,my own situation is that it would be very devastating to my family to do so in many ways so i dress I keep it just girly enough to please my inner self and not cause issues in the family unit and with medical hrt most of the changes are permanent breasts for example ,so if you feel the need to express your male side ,it might be awkward with the girls present,in my own case I have a small set of the girls which i can pass off to the curious as gyene comastica I am 61 so this plausible age wise basically i am saying if you cannot go the distance many others here have it would be unwise to start MY APOLOGIES to others on board here who have transitioned and know and have experienced far more than me at this point .
    hugs phylis anne

If that's what is holding you back from transitioning, what dating options you have after transition than one of two things is happening here...

1. Your not TS, you fall somewhere else within the spectrum and have no need to transition.

2. You may infact be TS and either not fully realized it yet or have not gotten to the point of transition being a must do..

Transition is about one thing, and one thing only.... Being true to yourself and living life authentically.. No secrets and no closets.

If I remember correctly your 72 years old, I think at that age I would be less worried about dating and making the best of my life..

If it is something, transitioning, your are just considering don't forget the down side. A third less pay and thats minimal, the alienating lots of old acquaintances maybe. there is no going back at least not easily and the great expense. I am sure there re many more reasons too.
    I have never considered it but thats me I have spent days enfem and after about 4 days I am ready for pants. good luck on your decision not something to be taken lightly
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    An online friend here on this site started off with the belief that she was a crossdresser. As time progressed, she discovered that she was in fact, trans. But, Platinumdoll....there is no choice here. Why do you think you can simply choose? Either you are a crossdresser or you are a woman who wants to transition. Those who transition already know they're women. Transitioning is simply the next step. But you are who you are. Weighing the advantages of one over the other really isn't particularly constructive.
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

"what Jane Peterson said" - it's not a lifestyle choice like a boob job.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Banned Read only
    Weird. I have always thought it was a choice to transition. Anyway... I don't believe transitioning or not affects dating prospects. Can't see why that'd be a factor.

Well, the choice I was talking about was between being a crossdresser and a transsexual. Of course it's a choice on whether or not to transition.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by platinumdoll777 View Post
    If you transitioned you would be limited as to dating men or tranny women believe.
    This is not the case. Sexual orientation and gender identity are not tied together. A person of any sexual orientation can have any gender identity.

DeeAnn

Quote Originally Posted by platinumdoll777 View Post
    Otherwise I would consider transitioning but in that case I would have to be a tranny lesbian with gg women or other trannys.
    See, that's one of the big, big problems. There are a number of MTF's that would transition, but know that there are basically ZERO GG's who could ever accept a MTF TS as a mate; you're basically sentencing yourself to a lifetime with no intimate partner, unless you're into men. Lesbians want real GG's, other GG's want real men. The only market for MTF TS is males, and those basically just want sex, not any kind of relationship. The number of women who will accept a MTF crossdresser is virtually nil; the number who will accept a TS is even far less than that.

It's a tough life, no matter what we choose.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 05-28-2016 at 06:05 PM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    you're basically sentencing yourself to a lifetime with no intimate partner, unless you're into men.
    OMG like really? The last time I checked I am married and it is to a woman, and there are a few others on here that are married to women.

Is dating tough after transition? I have no experience with that (and hope that I never do) but the few people I talk to yes it is. But that does not mean your going to be sentenced to a lifetime without a intimate partner. It will most likely be more difficult finding one but it's not impossible..

I would much rather live my life authentically and alone than be in a relationship and have to hide my true self as you are still alone.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Megan G View Post
    I would much rather live my life authentically and alone than be in a relationship and have to hide my true self as you are still alone.
    Have you ever been alone for a long period of time? And I mean, literally, no one; no family, no friends, etc, for several years? I have. Not worth it. I'd much rather hide and have superficial friends than go through another decade of it.

I have a question for everyone. This thread seems to too similar of a topic (almost in title only) for me to start my own.

In my username (for crossdressers.com) you'll see I wrote "CD", now I haven't been to a therapist or psychologist yet and have sort of half self diagnosed myself as gender fluid for now even though I am as certain as I can be that I'm transgender and have been transitioning in my own little uncertain way for some time now. The reason why I wrote CD is because I think I am on that level right now, where I am essentially just physically male but dress in woman's clothing regularly. Is that correct, am I a crossdresser for now or should I be referring to myself as something else (like trans)? Although I more or less understand the labels I don't like them very much.

(Also "tranny" to me is in bad taste)
    Last edited by Alexa CD; 05-29-2016 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Slight changes in brackets.

Time, it seems, is the key to that question, Alexa. I have mentioned in other posts, about someone I was friends with on this site, who thought she was 'just a crossdresser'. After a while, she realized that it was much more, and she was actually female inside. Transitioning was the next step for her. So, maybe don't worry about labels for now. Just be you, and things will eventually fall into place.....that's what I believe, anyway. I'm no therapist, and certainly no expert, but from what I've seen, the right choice will show itself in time. Don't be in a hurry to 'define who you are' .....just be happy being you....right now.
    Last edited by Piora; 05-29-2016 at 09:22 AM.

The number of women who will accept a MTF crossdresser is virtually nil.
    I used to think about that. But I think there are more GGs open to it than you may realize. If someone loves you, they love you as you are. A woman that freaks out about CDing, is someone that wouldn't dig me anyway, for reasons unrelated to gender expression/ID, so I don't really feel the population is narrowed, for me. Its the women that are open to it that I'm interested in anyway, not because they are open to CD, but because they are open to life, as it actually is. Finding love can be hard, no matter what your circumstance. There are plenty of "normal" people that struggle to find love. I'm not suggesting that being CD doesn't throw a curveball into the dating scene. It does.
    Every human being is the natural guardian of her own importance.
    The art of progress is to preserve order amid change, and to preserve change amid order.

Thanks Piora! That's such a good answer! I really appreciate that, it can feel like a rush alot of the time, and maybe it is a little, there's alot of "you are or you aren't" so I get a little caught up in that sometimes. I often get the impression that everyone should just pick and choose and be following a specific timeline or sequence of events and forget that we're all different and we all have our own unique situations. We're not so easily definable by labels or other peoples opinions and standards.

Thanks again,
    Alexa

There are a number of MTF's that would transition, but know that there are basically ZERO GG's who could ever accept a MTF TS as a mate;
    Stay on the burning plane cause it doesn't look like there are people down below that would like you? I don't think so!

Im transitioning to a woman full time very soon and fully expect to date either men or women because I am bisexual.
    Its going to be about what feels right to me.

I think there are many crossdressers that have pondered and maybe even examined the possibility. At least at a younger age confusion about gender is pretty common for many that fall within the TG spectrum. Mabye some of us still aren't sure. After all, we are all unique.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Woman first, Trans second
    The OP and many of the CD responses to this thread are so emblematic of everything that I've been talking about lately that it's staggering.
    Last edited by Zooey; 05-29-2016 at 02:03 PM.
    Coming out is like discovering that you've been drowning your whole life after actually breathing air for the first time.

Elaborate in my case Zooey? If you'd like.