Thread: My wife surprised me

My wife surprised me

My wife and I came home home after visiting with our friends this afternoon where we had a wonderful time and a long degustation.
    We got home as the dusk was settling in, and she said to me that she was going to change into her nightgown and bathrobe and get comfortable for the evening. She was going to make some popcorn and have a wine and we were going to watch a movie together.
    Then she said (and remember, I am in a DADT relationship) that I should join her and put on my nightgown and bathrobe and get comfortable too!!!
    Needless to say, that I was surprised, and enjoyed being 'dressed' with her. I am hoping this will be the start of many more things to come. Perhaps patience is paying off!😊
    Di

Well you go girl.Hugs
    Angie

Ahhh. That's so awesome.
    I'm in a DADT relationship too and love to dress and just watch movies with my wife. I think you owe her flowers or something.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Wow how wonderful for you

Yeah get her some flowers. They say everything comes to a man with patience. it is s slow start and a great one.
    Part Time Girl

Platinum Member
    Hi DI , Just go slow, The ball is in her court now don't overwhelm her with this program......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

That is so cool.
    Five months ago I tried to come out of the closet and my wife said it felt like she got hit by a bus. I haven't said anything since then.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Di, what a wonderful story.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Aspiring Member
    patience paid off with my wife too when after many years I got few clothes articles she picked for me for my birthday. I was very excited too. Agee with others - go slowly and good luck!

Perhaps a good first step - go slow and let her lead

Fantastic!

It's so hard to wait and constantly hope sometimes.

Aspiring Member
    Definitely a nice bouquet of flowers. Remember slow and steady and you'll be alright. Fantastic.

You are so lucky - I keep hoping for the same. My wife did get me things for almost 2 decades (1-2/yr) but stopped 6 years ago when she found out I had put some on without her. Her stopping caused me to go into the pink fog after 18 months of nothing and so I learned how to do makeup and wigs and bought my own clothes and shoes and this has probably scared her.
    So reward her and remind her her husband is still there just as much and happier to have a little Di time with her.
    Hugs, Ellen

That is so rewarding!!!!!! this takes time and patience but in the end it pays off!!!!!!!

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

Aspiring Member
    Some of us can only dream...

I'm guessing though, that this came about in large part because you respected her boundaries. DADT would strongly suggest that to me. I'm in a DADT situation as well, though I can wear panties 24/7, and we can joke about my not being very masculine; anything else is taboo though. I usually sleep in panties and a (male) t-shirt, but would love to be able to sleep in panties and a cami like she does, or in a nightgown. I'd also love it if she surprised me with lingerie or an article of female clothing she wouldn't mind me wearing, at my birthday or Christmas or whatever. I'd also love to shave my legs and trunk; for now I get by with full-length summer dresses, or opaque tights in winter. She does accept that I shave my underarms and around my boobs and cleavage though. Perhaps if I'm patient there will be more rewards...

So my hat's off to you for respecting her and being discreet about your dressing. Respecting the other is most important in a relationship, and by allowing you to wear a nightgown with her, she returned that respect to you.

Silver Member
    I love your story. It shows me that it can happen, where the SO increases her CD comfort level if given time and patience. By following the advice given by most people on this forum, you've illustrated the route with the best results.

I didn't have the patience, or I didn't give my wife enough credit for being capable of the change of heart. Things are working well between us now, but not without some acrimony along the way. You managed to avoid quite a bit of heartache. Good for you.

Good for you, I hope it is the start of something wonderful, last week I had a night dressed as Leanne with my wife, the following morning (Sunday) a lazy day I got out of my bed and slipped on my mini skirt that I had been wearing and a t-shirt, I went for breakfast and my wife appeared, she just smiled and said "I could put mine on" she did and we had a great lazy Sunday sitting on the sofa watching telly in our mini skirts lol, it will hopefully improve for you, just remember to take it nice and slow.

Aspiring Member
    Sounds encouraging, but never forget to respect her boundaries. Her needs are just as important as yours, and she needs to feel secure in knowing that the man she loves will always be there.

That said, my wife doesn't approve of crossdressing, but she doesn't seem to have a problem with us wearing matching nightgowns to bed. I let her know that I appreciate it, and that it does make me happy. Let your wife know that it means a lot to you, and that you love her dearly.

Thank you all for your comments and encouragement. I will continue to take it slowly, and be very patient. As I look back since I came out to her four years ago, I am able to wear panties 24/7; a nightgown every night; now a nightgown under my male bathrobe in the mornings,and; ladies jeans! We have shopped together for panties and she has been opening up to makeup (only face moisturizer and foundation, so far). I have told her that I have underdressed in bras, and while she does not like the idea, she said for me that if I fo this when I am with her, she doesn't want to know and doesn't want to see any bra lines. I consider this progress, but will only do this on very rare occasions and when I am sure we will not be giving each other hugs.
    Again thanks for all your comments, and indeed flowers and dinner are forthcoming as a surprise, next week!
    Di