Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would a line of men's clothes that were feminine in appearance still cut the cloth?

Would a line of men's clothes that were feminine in appearance still cut the cloth?

This is one question I've been mulling over lately. Would a kilt give me the same sensation as wearing a skirt? Would a men's speedo satisfy the way a women's bikini bottom does? If VS made a line of men's underwear that was similar to their women's styles would I enjoy them as much?

Most of the time I lean towards no but then that raises the question of whether or not this is a fetish for me which I also tend to lean away from. Am I just deluding myself? Can it be somewhere in the middle?

Anyways, will keep the rambling short. Would love to hear everyone's thoughts about this.

My friend in town here asked me this question awhile back, I answered the question with no. I suppose its got something to do with the taboo part. I will add I wear clothes out that are androgynous, I appear guy. I bought some tennis shoes recently they are white with a Hot pink accent, pumas, I even asked 2 girls I know what they thought about them, 1 said I think their cute, and whats the issue? I like hot pink on a guy, the 2nd and I was wearing them really examined them, she said is that pink? I said ya I think its hot pink and sai I like them and another friend said she liked them, she then said are those girls shoes? I replied with I dont care if they are or not and chuckled, cause I like them. she said I had a pair almost exactly like those, and said oh ok. I got a laugh.
    I suppose it might not matter what gender the clothes were made for if they appeared feminine or would fulfill the need in appearance or fit. I like the girls jeans for the fit, feel and look, girls clothes are made from different material, so when your girl says shes cold and you reply Im not, I'll answer that age old question, ITS Because She is COLD, Ive experienced that, just because its jeans and a button down shirt doesnt mean its the same warmth factor!
    Mykaa is me! Discovering Peace throughout from the Girl within.
    David Bowie "Don't stay in a sad place Where they don't care how you are..."
    Disturbed The Light "The truth is waiting there for you to find it
    It's not a blight, but a remedy"

not in the slightest :-)
    except maybe if ladies sandals could be "made for men" in strength
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Not if you are a crossdresser.

Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

When I am looking to present as female, it does not matter what gender the clothes are manufactured for, as long as my presentation is female in a very satisfying way. Most of the time, I end up with all female clothing, and, it does not seem to matter if I wear male shoes, coat, or shirt as long as the overall presentation is female.
    Most days, lately, when I am presenting male, it is very important to have some item of clothing on that is manufactured for a women- mostly panties, but sometimes socks, shirt or pants. I guess it is a way of honoring my female side even when I have to present male into the world.

Typing it out, it sounds arbitrary and silly. Yet, it is true for me.

Peace
    Stevie

No and if someone came up with such a line it would be surprisingly unpopular.
    When I dress as a female I like to dress in women's clothing and adapt my body shape to make the clothing look good on me. I also only buy really good quality women's clothing. If I am going to dress as a woman I want to look as elegant as possible.
    When it is time to dress as a male I like to dress as an elegant male in good leather shoes, slacks not jeans, a quality shirt and a tie if necessary. I own well cut Italian suits and some of the best dressed men I have ever seen are from Italy. Their attention to top quality clothing is admirable. At a cocktail reception someone drew attention to the shoes I was wearing and a couple of female friends in the group pointed out that they had always known me for wearing really good looking shoes.

The lesson is that people notice more than you think and some second-rate line of slightly feminine looking female clothing would not look good. That said, there used to be a store in San Francisco that sold women's clothing that was adapted to the male body shape. But it was clearly women's styles not some in-between style.

Quote Originally Posted by Mykaa View Post
    I suppose it might not matter what gender the clothes were made for if they appeared feminine or would fulfill the need in appearance or fit. I like the girls jeans for the fit, feel and look, girls clothes are made from different material, so when your girl says shes cold and you reply Im not, I'll answer that age old question, ITS Because She is COLD, Ive experienced that, just because its jeans and a button down shirt doesnt mean its the same warmth factor!
    I was thinking of my jeans as well. Guy's jeans, I wear them, they serve their purpose. The one pair of women's jeans I have on the other hand, love wearing them, the fabric feels different and they fit a lot differently. I think that if they were made just like that but for men, and in the men's section, I wouldn't mind. Then on the other hand when I've looked at some of the women's underwear made for men lines, there's just no appeal in how they look. Sometimes they just look silly and not appealing at all.

I think the problem stems from when they try and make them masculine or "for men" that they lose something in the translation. Maybe that will change with time with the way things are progressing.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Don't think I would be interested at all because its guy clothes.

When my wife found out that I wanted to wear panties 24/7, she wondered if the skimpy type of male briefs would do instead. I told her that I needed to specifically wear panties made for women, because even if the male briefs looked a little feminine I would still know they were made for men. I like the frills, lace, bows, etc. that are on my panties. She and that when I know I'm wearing them I feel calmer. was fine with this and told me to be careful not to show them off when I'm out in public.

Banned Read only
    Julie,
    There are many facets to wearing women's clothes trying to substitute just doesn't work.

To some of us it's sexual and others at some point it may have been , some feel the need to dress totally feminine .

I like to look at it from a female view and pull all the parts together , the right clothes for the right occasion with the right accessories . Not OTT maybe a little sexy at times but comfortable with it. I'm just not interested in male clothes, I can hardly be bothered to shop for them, my wife has to drag me along knowing when we get to the shops she'll have to steer my away from the ladies section !

hello,
    I remember the 1970s when I wore "glam" and unisex clothes and no-one seemed to notice. I wore suede high heel boots, embroidered tee-shirts and a satin jacket. Happy times.
    But was it corssdressing?
    luv J

Not for me. That would ruin the fantasy. 🌺

For me it would be a relief, girls clothes that look like guys clothes would be good too. I don't go out dressed fully like a woman, but many of my clothes are feminine. It's an androgynous style and for now I'd like to stick with it, that in between look is very functional and sensible to me. It allows me to be me and express myself without drawing much attention, I don't need my everyday day clothes to be on one side of the spectrum or the other, but something new and in between that shares traits would be ideal.

My former friend who is gay told me he had no problem with men wearing men's kilts, but he does not understand why any man would wear women's skirts, and dresses. I could see wearing a kilt in guy mode, but when dressed as a lady, no. Clothes designed for men, just don.t do it for me, when dressing up as a lady. I don't believe kilts ala Braveheart.
    Last edited by Alice Torn; 05-30-2016 at 11:21 PM.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Most male to female crossdressers enjoy wearing women's clothes. And, I have the semi full of ladies gear to prove it!

When I want to wear men's things, I simply choose from my men's closet of 5 shirts, 3 pants, and 2 pairs of shoes!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    A simple no to that. Now that I have finally decided I'm just a little old cd. Where's the fun?

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    When I want to wear men's things, I simply choose from my men's closet of 5 shirts, 3 pants, and 2 pairs of shoes!
    hey sherry, why do you have sooooooo many men's clothes???
    paula

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    "Would a line of men's clothes that were feminine in appearance still cut the cloth?"

No, not for me it wouldn't. Everything I own presently or will ever buy HAS to have been specifically made for a woman. Otherwise, I'm not interested. I only own (and would wear) skirts and dresses....I never wear women's jeans or slacks, so it wouldn't be a consideration for me anyway. I gravitate towards VERY feminine clothing....the lacier and frillier, the better!
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

Its called tapout 😹

I seriously doubt it would work for most CDers.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

been tried...failed.

The answer would be no
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Platinum Member
    Hi Julie , It just wouldn't be the same, I'll pass on that one......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I used to feel that anything for men wouldn't be good for all the same reasons - and usually there is a conscious effort int he design to indicate it is still manly in some way- and we CDs generally are trying to escape and be on the 'other side'.

I've come to realize I can't possibly pass as a woman, and began to question why should I anyway. My desire was to be free to feel feminine - and I have gradually realized I can do that to the max, and still say yes- I am a man, and there are a lot of other men like me. We are where we are on the gender spectrum, and encourage everyone to be where they are.

I bought some satin panties for men and they fit better with a wider width underneath, since I don't tuck and need the room. I enjoyed altering them to reduce some ridiculous pouching in back, but now they fit well, and although the elastic was bigger than it had to be- an unwelcome nod to the masculine- they are otherwise perfect as a feminine base garment. Easy to add bows and lace or frills to expand the market! I think this is the mainstreaming solution- and the Asian market is way ahead of use- plenty of feminine styles cut for men- so we can simply be ourselves- men who like to be feminine, things will fit well, and everyone can feel society is orderly when we are out and about! ;0)
    Last edited by phili; 05-30-2016 at 11:43 PM.
    We are all beautiful...!

While there are probably a few who would say yes, I think most would say no. Most of us do try to emulate women when we dress, even if we have no chance of passing.

OTOH, I would really welcome the opportunity to wear leggings in guy mode. Most comfortable thing I own.

What I am asking is whether since we are trying to emulate women, why? For me the answer was because women have permission to feel feminine, sensual, wear fitted clothes, kicky skirts, etc. the light went on and I said what if men had permission too? Why would we then need to be wearing women's clothes?

BTW leggings for men are available! An amazing variety of styles- so perfect cover for wearing your faves tomorrow!

I am making opportunities to go through the following cycle- wear nice satin blouse- knowing someone is going to think that's a women's blouse- and look at me searchingly. I ignore it and talk to them normally. They decide that maybe it is a women's blouse, but I must be doing EuroStyle. I'm disappointed because they are still trying to fit me into the man box, then i am elated because I realize we both just expanded the man box.

Same situation in a sensible skirt- at some point it becomes obvious it is not a kilt- and oh well- what of it? There is nothing for other people to do but accept and experience. I lost the excitement of breaking the taboo- but it was more than made up for by feeling really at peace and glad I just helped normalize the experience of men in dresses. I'm confident that if I showed up the next time with a more colorful outfit, no beard, makeup and a cool hair style, it just wouldn't be a problem since the ice has been broken.

I'm am optimist, but so far so good, and I'm starting the process of telling all my friends and volunteer co workers, etc. So we'll see how it goes. I crave being with people now as my genderfluid self, and I'm giving it my all.
    We are all beautiful...!