Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would a line of men's clothes that were feminine in appearance still cut the cloth?

I have mixed feelings on this subject. Shopping on line or in a store, knowing the items I'm looking at or touching are made for a woman is so exciting I get lost in the pink fog. I have purchased many dresses and undergarment from crossdresser stores. Some items fit the bill while others miss the mark some how.
    If a men's line of clothes was made to be more feminine, it would just be a fashion statement and not really fill my crossdressing desires.
    I have a Utilikilt, it is definitely not feminine. It is great for working around the house though.

Aspiring Member
    I am a cross dresser. I love to dress and act like a woman.

No way

Interesting thread. I have read umpteen thousand threads about "stealth mode" and wearing stuff off the women's rack that was not actually apparent. No one knows (except us) and we are not looking feminine enough so that people notice. The tag on the clothes just says something different, mostly with sizes. So, wearing something from the guy rack that makes us look more like a woman still no good? This I guess is a point where me being gender fluid does not get the "just a CDer"
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

I wear the kilts and play the pipes. It in no way is the same sensation. Not even close.
    Jon

Hmmmm the answer is NO for me, sorry but Lauri is only interested in ladies clothing.
    Way too Girly ! I couldn't smell the smoke, and now I'll watch the flames

Out on Parole ......Woo Hoo

As a gender fluid person. Men's clothes are men's clothes and women's close are women's clothes. So no for me as men's type of clothes are for them. I wear men's clothes as male. And women's clothes when I'm female.
    Part Time Girl

no
    its the womans clothes , or its not crossdressing

See, I still do not quite get this. A line of men's clothing that is female in appearance, not good enough, but a line of women's clothing that is masculine enough to go stealth??? Personally, I would rather wear the men's feminine clothing than the women's masculine clothing.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

Quote Originally Posted by Julie1123 View Post
    This is one question I've been mulling over lately. Would a kilt give me the same sensation as wearing a skirt? Would a men's speedo satisfy the way a women's bikini bottom does? If VS made a line of men's underwear that was similar to their women's styles would I enjoy them as much?
    Nope. The whole thing about wearing women's clothing is BECAUSE they're for women; there's something in us that wants to self identify as female. Wearing a kilt isn't going to do it, and neither will putting on any other type of clothing made for men. We've eliminated the idea that women's clothing feels better to wear, because well, I own a lot of very expensive men's clothing, and it feels more comfortable than any of my girl stuff.

The reason we want to wear girl stuff is for psychological comfort; it feels 'right' to wear it. We get the visual and tactile feedback that we need from it while putting it on, and while wearing it, that we believe a woman experiences when SHE gets dressed and is wearing it. For those who are 'out', they often go to incredible lengths to get their presentation so good that they even get the 'rush' from the visual responses from men that women do which makes them feel good, too. Why we need this, depends on the person. But that's what it amounts to.
    JMHO.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I am with Gendermutt on this one.
    Imagine panty manufacturers made exactly the same panty, but with the gusset a tad wider for men, then why not. Or what about dresses made for men, identical to the women's version, but cut to fit a longer torso. Still dresses!

Tina

What about the high heel pumps and women's styles shoes that come in actual mens sizes and are made for men.
    I find them just as sexy
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

I wore men's speedos and men's bikinis for about 30 years. When I finally broke down, put aside the shame, fear and guilt and started crossdressing, and wore women's bikinis, I realized something. I wanted to wear women's bikinis and swimsuits even where they covered way more skin than the men's bikinis I had turned my back on. This led me to realize that there was way more to this than me just being a "speedo guy" or a "minimal swimwear enthusiast."

That was part of the road to raking away the denial and realizing that I am transgender. Recently my wife has offered to buy me men's skinny jeans to wear instead of some of my more overtly feminine women's skinny jeans. But the thought of going back to men's jeans of any kind makes my skin crawl.
    Carries a spray bottle of "pink fog" around with her in her purse at all times.

I really tried to think about this one. My instincts instantly said no but I wasn't sure why. best I can come up with after a day is that even if you had "women's" styles for men they would still come with expectations of masculinity. Crossdressing is about more than the clothes. Its about being feminine. The curves, the colors the fabrics the sents the hair the mannerisms.(to the limited extent I can mimic such) For me you can't take a small piece of that and shoehorn in into the masculine archtype an have it fill what I experience dressing.
    I'm content being a once in a while girl.