Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: People are soo stupid

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.

People are soo stupid

I stopped at 5 guys for lunch today and the only empty table was next to some 30 something guys.
    You know the type about 50 lbs over weight, big beer belly, 5 days worth of beard growth etc etc.
    I was in 50/50 or tweener mode like usual.
    I set my drink down on the table and my cute little container of ketchup for my cajun fries.
    One of the guys said to his buddy "look that guy is going to use a straw" LOLOLOLOL.
    I gave the guy a glance took my straw and opened it and stuck it in my drink !!
    Talk about bold and living on the edge.
    My main question is when did using a straw in your drink become a gay thing ???
    I need to use more than one so other guy guys will notice me maybe IDK.
    This world is going nutz.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Lorileah; 06-01-2016 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Don't bypass word filter

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Ignorance just pure ignorance.

Using a straw in a cup like that....I dont see the problem.
    How were they drinking out of those cups?

That is a new one to me. Straws where made to drink out of. Don't care if you are gay, straight, trans, black, green or purple. They where just idiots. The gene pool defiantly needs more chlorine.

Kymmie
    Just your average harley riding crossdressing biker

Why be normal??????

Leigh to me that's more like 'macho ignorance'.
    I used to deal with those beer belly guys at work. Their level of conversation was always limited to beer, football, women and guns. anything outside of that and they were usually lost.
    I recall several times when they would find the tiniest reasons to 'elevate' their macho persona. They thrive on bringing you down by pointing out anything about you that doesn't meet up to their 'macho scale'.
    However they soon learned that trying to make me look less macho would end up backfiring on them in front of their 'audience'. I've been a long follower of Don Rickles and his merciless method of breaking people down and making comedy of their ignorance.
    I recall challenging Mr. Beer Belly to 10 sit-ups, pull-ups and push-ups. He sheepishly agrees and after I did 10 easy pull-ups he declined in front of his pals and that as the end of that.

Traci your post strikes a nerve with me so this is why I gave a reply. I do not tolerate those kind of people.
    Last edited by Carmen; 06-01-2016 at 05:07 PM. Reason: typo fixes
    "Missed it by that much!"

Banned Read only
    My father really got onto me for using a straw when I was a kid. Like really a little kid! He thought it wasn't masculine. So this idea has been around for a while. This was also when I started to realize "oh, the way I am is visible to people. well that's a problem..."

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmen View Post

Traci your post strikes a nerve with me so this is why I gave a reply. I do not tolerate those kind of people.
    Aren't we doing the same thing in this thread though?
    Last edited by Lorileah; 06-01-2016 at 09:46 PM. Reason: You didn't have to quote the whole post to respond

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    I've never heard of drinking from a cup like that without a straw! Did those blockheads even have a dozen brain cells combined? Neanderthals.
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

Especially if it was the "last straw". then you could go LOL LOL LOL LOL.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

You should have put on your bright pink lipstick and then tell the commenting guy that you did not want to smear your lipstick!

I think I would rise an eyebrow and look puzzled after hearing a comment like that LoL
    - Dani

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Allie things were going thru my mind if they wanted to make snide comments but they didn't.
    I see a pack of wild dogs like those guys and wait for them to do or say something stupid.
    I can react or not react its my choice not theirs.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 06-01-2016 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Referring to forbidden subject here

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    Any woman would have held their grace like you did, Tracii. Good for you.
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

Heh, we're on a vaca and a waiter brought us ice coffees , no straws. Near the middle , my SO wore part of hers b/c of the ice. Straws were made for all. They serve a real purpose and the guy was stupid.
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

Yes, I know that you can handle yourself and I was making a joke. Fortunately, I have never run into any Neanderthals .... yet. I would probably keep to myself, unless I felt safe where I was. Though, I have been known to talk directly to some people better left alone, in a non-confrontational way.

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere
    With guys like that it's always going to be something, they are bullies, if it had been one on one nothing would have been said about anything. As it was they got onto you for using straw if it hadn't of been that it would have been something else.
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.

Ok, so you used a straw. BUT WAS YOUR DRINK SERVED IN A DIRTY GLASS, Tracii?
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

They sound a lot like my older twin brothers, always finding fault with me, or my bullying control freak neighbor lady. Everything i say or do, is found fault with.

When we go to dairy queen, they put straws in the milkshake for you. They were ignorant and cave men mentality. Yeah we have some here LOL but they are slightly smarter and keep their mouth shut for the most part.
    Part Time Girl

I bet the guy could have put a straw in his nose and sucked his brain out. I'm sure it would not have gotten clogged in the straw. BB brain comes to mind. Like Ms James said the ice dumps out on you without a straw.

People who aren't confident in themselves have to find stupid reasons they are better tougher ... Whatever. The dumber the reason the more pathetic the sense of selfworth. And in this case the low self worth is likely deserved.
    I'm content being a once in a while girl.

I'm this case, the proper spelling is stoopid....

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I don't get it, Tracii? I don't use straws because I don't like ice. I found that out in Europe.

But, unlike over seas, every drink in the US comes loaded with ice and most Americans seem to like that. Including overweight, macho dudes!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    I go for lunch with the guys all the time and we all use straws with our drinks, many of my male friends are let's say 'well heeled' and a few are 'players' and there's nothing wrong with a dude using a straw!

To my point and this is coming slightly from the blue side of the fence, these guys sound like they've been marinading a little too long in their own 'guyness' and it's made them downright repulsive to whoever is 'fortunate' enough to be in their presence! 😲

I've never heard of this one before. They obviously weren't the sharpest knives in the draw.
    What is life without Stockings and Heels?