Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: People are soo stupid

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have a tendency to run into odd people like that but I'm not one to be afraid to be myself when I do run into them.
    Maybe they never finished high school and are stuck in that mentality who knows.
    Its not something I worry too much about.

Someone needs to let my wife know that she doesn't need to worry that I'm really gay because I crossdress, but she should be worried that I use a straw.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by MissVirginia-Mae View Post
    Using a straw in a cup like that....I dont see the problem.
    How were they drinking out of those cups?
    Well, they probably just graduated from sippy cups...

DeeAnn

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    You see, drinking with a straw just slows you down. If you don't use the straw you can finish your drink quickly and go back for 2nds or 3rds. That helps build and maintain that belly they see as a sign of their manhood. Particularly since it now hides what they used to think of as their manhood.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Banned Read only
    Tracii,
    The simple answer is it's not a gay thing, are you sure he wasn't implying it to be a sissy thing, children drink with straws. I will admit I like to remove the lid and drink from the cup.
    The comment about the ice dumping out isn't a problem to me because the drinks are normally cold enough so I specify no ice ! I will admit it turned out to be more of a problem in the US than in the UK or Europe . I tried an experiment once , as soon as the drink was served with the normal quantity of ice , I poured the drink contents into a separate container and held the ice back, I had a quarter of a container of drink and three quarters of ice , I'd paid for a full container of drink but was given a quarter , to me that's expensive ice you're paying for. Not only that if you don't drink it straight away your drink goes flat and ends up watered down .

The way I look at is. If they were really cool macho guys, like they think they are. What are they doing at Five Guys. They should be at there proper watering hole, like a sleazy bar drinking cheap whiskey and pinching bar maids on there butts. Daviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    LOL ... OMG, that's exactly the kind of crap I caught in elementary school. I mean the exact same crap.
    Says more about them than you.

I'd have been tempted to reply like ... "watch out! I'm gonna use this chair to sit in next, hope that doesn't blow your mind!"
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Charles View Post
    Particularly since it now hides what they used to think of as their manhood.
    Sort of like a filet; boneless...

DeeAnn

Quote Originally Posted by TSKimberly View Post
    Aren't we doing the same thing in this thread though?
    There is a conservative French site that uses the tagline "refuse to tolerate the intolerant"

Well, I was in a restaurant with a fellow musician years ago. The waitress asked if we wanted straws and he jokingly said, "no, we don't have any suckers here".
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

that's about the dumbest put-down i've ever heard. i bet 95% of the other male patrons were using straws. what that has to do with manliness, i just don't get.

~ summer
    just getting the hang of this

Non-binary/Questioning
    I've never heard of this either. I wonder... how do they justify putting cigarettes or long-necked beer bottles in their mouths, hm?

i am sorry tracii but americans are nuts, the rest of the world drinks that stuff with a straw :P

I always thought straws were straight ...........who knew they were gay now

Those guy's sound more like a bunch of adolescents teens than adults ..........please keep them away from the voting booth

I use straws all the time, oh yeah mine is the one that has that lipstick smeared all over it by the time I am done with it
    Way too Girly ! I couldn't smell the smoke, and now I'll watch the flames

Out on Parole ......Woo Hoo

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    I have a tendency to run into odd people like that but I'm not one to be afraid to be myself when I do run into them.
    Maybe they never finished high school and are stuck in that mentality who knows.
    Its not something I worry too much about.
    It's not you, definitely. I've seen people like this my whole life.

It's worse when you can't avoid them. Sometimes you just need to press on.

I posted on this thread before, but came back to see other comments. While reading the other comments I remembered the following about straws. Many times, while growing up I heard many of the macho guys ask other guys..... "do you want a Sissy Stick".

The way I see it.... if they want to buy me drinks I will not use a straw to drink with, however, if I pay for it, I shall drink it with or without a straw. My option then.

Hey Traci,

Surely pack mentality was at play with those guys. I have never heard of using a straw meaning anything and I live in a serious redneck area. Probably, if their brains were gasoline, they couldn't start a piss-ant's motorcycle. Just sayin'.

Jeri

Banned Spammer
    I mean never had I heard using a straw made you gay.
    My two ex wives used straws and they weren't gay,my two daughters use straws and they aren't gay.
    Soooo why on earth is me or anyone else using a straw now gay to these numbnuts?
    All I can guess is this pack must have migrated down from Ohio.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 06-03-2016 at 11:57 AM.

Aspiring Member
    Maybe it's mostly an American thing - I have used straws on a basis beyond regular, especially for 'soft drinks' and in fact for certain cocktails as well. I haven't drawn any flak for it till date - not using a straw is way less hygienic at most of the places I eat.

I've had worse for riding a step-through bicycle (I rode it for the cargo rack and basket), although my peers and I quickly outgrew those insults.

Banned Spammer
    Lilyy you just reminded me about the bike thing OMG that was so stupid too.
    If a boy was caught riding a girls bike it was pure hell to live down the harassment from boys.
    Boys should should have used step thru bikes anyway because that put the bar out of the way of his male parts.

(sigh) You just can't fix stupid, I guess

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by rachael.davis View Post
    There is a conservative French site that uses the tagline "refuse to tolerate the intolerant"
    I see very little tolerance here.

Banned Spammer
    Who was that directed towards Kimberly?

Unfortunately, some people never graduate high school.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Banned Spammer
    Donnalee I'm pretty sure this group didn't finish middle school because they all had on khaki cargo shorts and golf shirts