Thread: Went out as Lisa tonight

Went out as Lisa tonight

I went out as Lisa tonight,my daughter Hailey's graduation and watched her get her HS diploma.I was a little tearful watching her walk down and get it.It was a positive reaction from other parents.It was even from Hailey's friend's parents.Principal was a little shocked at first and we hugged.I even took pictures with Hailey's friends and their parents.Her friend's parents say I am a normal parent in society with my lifestyle and I agree with them on this.I did find out I was not alone,there were a couple dads there that are transgendered in the early stages of transitioning into women there also.They told me about a support group I am going to next week that accepts in crossdressers as well.Overall it went great and glad it went this way.

Banned Read only
    Wow, that's an awesome story Lisa! I'm a little surprised (in a really good way) that you weren't alone!

And congratulations to your daughter Hailey!

Banned Read only SamanthaLouiseScott's Avatar
    Fantastic. Well done. I wish I had the bottle to do similar.

I felt more comfortable too.

So where the heck do you live, and can we all move there? It sounds so tolerant!

Michigan

Wherever you live seems to be out of the norm. I'm guessing it was not in Texas. I don't think you would get that reaction at a high school graduation here. OK I see it was Michigan.

Consuelo,

I have some dear friends in Dallas who work in a private girls school that supports, and just formulated a new policy accepting transgendered girls to the next school year.