The Setup:
    I'm recently divorced
    I turned 50 in January
    I'm tired of hiding
    I really do not care what people think
    My kids are adults and they know
    I'm chill with my ex-wife and she knows
    I live with my adult daughter

I have told both of my kids and they said - yeah, we knew that. I dress around them both now. Also several of their friends- both of my kids BFF's know (also adults) and they are all cool.
    I came out yesterday to my best friend's wife who is a close second to him. Together we have been through so much shit. She was so loving and accepting. She asked me to go get dressed which I did. I wore a maxi dress with cute wedge sandals. My daughter ( who encouraged this) and I showed her my whole closet. No more secrets.

She stayed overnight and had an early flight. I asked her to talk to her hubby, my Harley guy BFF. At 10 this morning I get a text from him that says "I Love You". I think you can figure out the rest.

So I am coming out very quickly. I think my sister is next. She will not be surprised.

I love my life right now.

Bless,
    Deedee

Banned Read only
    Wow Deedee, sounds like the flood gates ARE opening, congratulations!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Ride the wave as far as you can.

Hope it continues to go smoothly

Banned Read only
    Deedee,
    I can imagine how it feels , I bet you feel like you're on cloud nine !

The shame of it is you have to be divorced for you to feel this freedom, I was faced with this and decided to stick with it, but I knew it would be full of compromises. I hope it keeps going smoothly for you .

A good story like this overshadows all the negative outcomes that have happened to soooo many of us when we have finally told the people around us.

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

Glad to hear it's going so well. Stories like yours give the rest of us hope. Now that you've got my dreams on my mind, I'll probably buy some lottery tickets tomorrow, too. Where there is life, there is hope.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Glad to hear these positive outcome,Hopes it continues to go smoothly

Deedee, what a wonderful post! I'm really happy for you.🌺

Platinum Member
    Hi Deedee , It's like the old saying , "When one door closes another door opens" I'm happy for you......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Aspiring Member
    great post Dee Dee your friends are true blue friends and your family is lovely sis

Wow! Awesome! Sounds like you've hit (passed) the tipping point. Congratulations.

Sounds like you are making a lot progress ......hope it all goes great for you.

I was curious that you mentioned that the children said they "already" knew you were CD.......

Maybe you were out more than you thought you were, just wondered about that .....
    Way too Girly ! I couldn't smell the smoke, and now I'll watch the flames

Out on Parole ......Woo Hoo

DeeDee,
    This all sounds very positive. However be sure to keep your equilibrium during all of these fast changing times. At some point you will meet some unexpected resistance so be prepared. Keep things at a measured and controllable pace for your own sake.

I'm excited for you, I know when I finally said the Heck with it I'm telling the world, and the "I don't care what others think" mentality, my life has been a joy to live, then the not hiding in and around my own home has been great and too bad if anyone doesn't like it, I'm going to be me despite what they think. I wish only the best for you as you feel the freedom of guiltlessness. If you find yourself smiling all the time that's just one of the side effects.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    Such a wonderful and positive post, Deedee! As a closeted Crossdresser, I feel I live vicariously through members such as yourself. Very pleased for you!
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

Thank you all so much for the positive and encouraging words. I really think our society is opening up to gender norm differences regardless of all of the political discourse.

I am hanging out at home on a Friday night with both of my kids and a friend, dressed in skinny jeans, a flowie top and girly shoes. We are talking about makeup and my sons friend just tried on one of my waist cinchers. This is surreal.

I hope my experience can be the rule, not the exception.

XOXO Deedee

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    U r what "Coming Out" is all about, Deedee! Good on u!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Deedee,

I am not sure how many others can read the joy in your post between the lines, but I sure can. Be the person you are inside and have no regrets!

DeeDee, Fantastic! I can feel your excitement and all seems nominal at this point.
    Part Time Girl