Thread: What was that perfume?

What was that perfume?

So I'm walking out of work and a woman I don't know walks out ahead of and I can smell her perfume. I really liked it. It was sort of citrusy and spicy. (I have no gift for putting smells into words)

Regrettably I couldn't imagine a way to ask what it was that wasnt at best overly forward and at worse might be construed a harassment.

Just thought I'd share the story.
    I'm content being a once in a while girl.

I'm always flattered when someone asks about my perfume. Just ask, "What's that fragrance you're wearing? It smells amazing." I know I wouldn't be offended, if I even stopped to think about it, I'd probably figure you were asking because you might like to get it for a loved one...otherwise, I'd just fly on the wings of the compliment for the rest of the day.

I think you would be ok asking. Most women like compliments. Might get creepy if you try to get really close to smell her. You can even ask where they buy clothes just say your girlfriend / wife would love that. You seam like a liveing caring mate and find out where to get cute things.

Silver Member
    Yes easy way to ask and say your so might like it.

Cleaver your comment is so much a reason we need and enjoy having GG's in our community - thanks

Yes just ask ,i did and said excuse me what are you wearing as it smells out of this world, she gave me a big beaming smile and said thank you and told me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Hugs J-JAY

Never underestimate the power of brains and a push up bra.

Never complain about growing old, far too many people have been denied that privilege".

Oh I wouldn't even bother trying to come up with an excuse. Just compliment her and ask what it is. I work next to a fragrance counter and I talk to the ladies about perfume I like all the time. I even talked to a female customer about "an absolutely beautiful Burberry coat" I had seen years ago. Funmy thing is, she remembered it too (we bonded for a sec). When in male mode I look and act very much like a guy. But it doesn't bother me talking about that stuff because it's just conversation and I think of it as little bonding moments with the opposite sex.
    Ciao,
    Scarlett

Just ask and don't invade har space. You'll be fine girl.
    Angie

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Just be nice about it and not creepy and you should be fine.
    I have done that a few times when I catch a really nice scent so I will say That scent you have on is wonderful may I ask what it is?
    That method has always worked for me but the key is to have other people around when you ask so you don't come off as creepy.
    I have been asked by women too and that is pretty much the way they approached me when they asked.

I was in the elevator at work with a GG wearing this wonderful perfume.

I told her that her perfume was wonderful, and that was all it took.

After the thanked me, she told me the perfume, and made sure I knew how to spell it. It was Hanae Mori Blue Butterfly.

BTW, even though she worked in my building, she worked for a different company.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Yes ironically now if a male even looks at a female for any reason and "she feels" threatened, it's a felony or whatever.
    If you were dressed conservatively though, there would be no reason not to do a "bright-eyed smile" and say
    "Excuse me, but I know a woman who'd love your perfume - or at least she'd wear it if I gave it to her - what is it called?"
    If she's a ***** to you and walks away, you can always yell:
    But my grandmother loves those old cheap Avon fragrances.