Thread: Blame the wife's, LOL

Blame the wife's, LOL

OK every body is trying to figure themselves out. And if you've read some of my posts you'd know I love dresses!
    I cross-dressed as a teen then got married, cross-dressing slowed down (in the closet) and stopped for about 15 years.
    But as my wife got older she stopped wearing dresses. I miss it so much. She's so sexy in dresses.
    Is that why I still need cross-dressing?
    Last edited by Judy-Somthing; 06-03-2016 at 10:12 PM.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Nope, you still crossdress because how you look and feel in a dress.

The wife's dresses are just a side benefit. Besides, somebody's got to keep places like the Dress Barn in business. You don't think they can stay in business just selling dresses to women, do you?
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Banned Read only
    Ummm, I think you might have something there (from a purely CD perspective)!

It's been said men who are married go through 'the mid life crisis' but men who are single don't.

Point being, it's not the man but the woman that triggers it!

Men can 'produce' for lack of a better word, offspring pretty much until 'check please' time but our GG partners, there is a timer on that.

I think the same might hold true for dressing?

I know, this has been discussed a long time ago in a thread far, far away about 'why do you dress, is there something you're missing'...or something like that.

Interesting post in any case Judy!

I think if we associate something with sexy, and wife it making it happen, that's great but if she isn't, we probably still "want" that sexy (on someone/anyone/even ourselves) in our lives.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

my wife doesn't wear sexy dresses; I do.
    there may be a link but no blame.
    luv J

Funnily enough, after a 20+ year sabbatical, I started dressing again when buying some sexy lingerie for my wife. Let's be honest, I was partly hoping she would wear sexy underwear more often. While looking, I couldn't help thinking, I wouldn't mind wearing that and before I knew it, I'd also bought some for myself along with a nice floral dress.

I'm not convinced this is why we dress though. But maybe, it makes us want to do it a little bit more.

We probably "dress" in a dress because our wives and or girlfriends don't!!!!!!!

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

The other day I was looking through old photos from about 25 years ago and she looked so nice in dresses.

She says because I want her to wear a dress, it makes her not want to wear a dress? "What" LOL -OK-

I'm not saying she has to wear a dress. I'm just saying it would be so cool if she did once in a while.

She never wore a floral dress, I think she'd look so sexy in one.
    Last edited by Judy-Somthing; 06-04-2016 at 07:10 AM. Reason: typo
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!

Judy, most women respond to flattery. Why don't you buy her a nice dress and tell her you bought it for her because she looks nice in dresses. Then book a nice, romantic restaurant somewhere where you can both get dressed up (you in male mode of course). This has worked for me in the past.

You never know it might cure you of your crossdressing! If not, you can always keep the dress for yourself!
    Last edited by Sarah Louise; 06-04-2016 at 07:16 AM.

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    That's a nice idea Sarah. Except, I don't feel that they respond so much to 'flattery' as they do to spontaneous, romantic gestures. I think both men and women respond well, when it's clear to them that their respective spouses/girlfriends/boyfriends are thinking about them. At least, that's been my experience.
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

Aspiring Member
    I think you need to cross-dress no matter what your wife wears.

I used to think that my cross-dressing would stop when I got married. It didn't.
    I thought I could quit once we started having children. I couldn't.
    I thought that it would be less important the older I got. It didn't.

I am convinced that it's just the way our brains are hardwired. When we crossdress our brain releases a host of feel-good neurotransmitters (dopamine, serotonin, oxytocin, and others) which produce the sensations of well-being, pleasure, comfort, sexual gratification, and bonding. It's just like our brain interprets crossdressing as actual contact (identity) with a female. It makes us feel better, happier, and contented. So why does identity with a female make us feel better? All sorts of reasons - mostly because we are men.

I too have tried pants, or Jeans...day to day dress of a women...it isn't for me ...I love a dress...very femine that brings my waist in and shows off my legs...Thats me
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

Judy, I think it is certainly one of the reasons we dress. I am appalled at the amount of women i have known, and see , that simply will not own or wear a dress. Other cultures it is different, with girls and women wearing dresses all or most of the time. But, i don't think it is the only reason we dress.

Fine line here folks. I see this as going toward "they don't so we do" and that usually leads to dissing women....let's keep it light. Realize that there are things you all did when you were younger you don't do anymore. Everyone grows (well most do). If you want a scapegoat, you might try a mirror

(yellow card warning)
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

What is a (yellow card warning)

Judy, no it does not your wife. But your own desire. I am lucky because when I dress to go out my SO dresses also. I just bought her a nice denim skirt. She does try to dress really well and reflects what I am wearing. But she sure looks better in it.
    Part Time Girl

Judy, you crossdressed before you had a wife, so doesn't that answer your question?
    Consider yourself fortunate that you don't know what a yellow card warning is. Sadly, I've seen enough soccer to know. I'm so ashamed.

Banned Read only
    Judy,
    Most of us appear to miss women wearing dresses and skirts, it doesn't stop them looking good.
    What my wife wears has little bearing on my choice now, I think my wardrobe would be more outrageous if I lived a lone so I could blame the wife for me having a sensible ( ish !) collection.

She doesn't want to see me dressed but she might have a surprise what I've managed to put together, apart from the shoes of course , most of her higher heels have gone and mine are increasing .

Quote Originally Posted by Judy-Somthing View Post
    What is a (yellow card warning)
    It means there has been nothing said to actually cause the thread to be closed but it is treading in very shallow water. Your not crossdressing becuase your wife does not wear dresses. You crossdress because you are a crossdresser.. Plain and simple..

Quote Originally Posted by Alice Torn View Post
    I am appalled at the amount of women i have known, and see , that simply will not own or wear a dress
    This blows me away how a crossdresser can be discusted by how women dress today, can you say kettle calling pot black. There are a lot of people in this world that are discusted by the fact that you want to dress up as a woman and call you mentally ill for doing it but yet you want society to accept you? It goes both ways you know...

If you said you prefer women that dress in skirts and dresses is one thing, that is preference. But saying your discusted by it, is being extremely judgemental...

Seriously? Anything the ladies wear is cool by me.
    Wish I could roll like this every day.