Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: question about dressing

question about dressing

I am a crossdresser not fully transitioning...I enjoy my time in both views...My wife knows but I do not fully dress with her. Yesterday, we were out and at a restaurant which turned out to be more gay then a straight place. I hope I don't get flack for that comment. We had some wine and some pizza and apps it was fantastic....

The question, while we were there a crossdresser or trans person talked in , just a g string panty and shall on....I was a little embarrassed. I do think it was a bit out of order for a restaurant and I am not usually one to judge. Do you think we are held to standards like this? Do you think dress like this hurts us? I am not trying to attack , I am trying to see if I was too sensitive.
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

i thibk if you go to a restaurant...you should have some clothes on...is just appropiate...wearing a gstring to a restaurant is just weird, no matter what

Banned Read only
    It's inappropriate regardless of who is wearing it and yes it hurts all of us. BTW, there is zero chance that was a trans person. That was an exhibitionist who should have been asked to leave.

Yes Trisha, I think that what that person did in not dressing properly, was not right no matter who might have been involved and yes when it is a Trans-person it most certainly puts a bad lite on all of us.

Unacceptable anywhere.

Aspiring Member
    Had it been a GG it would have been equally unacceptable.

Having had spent lots of time in gogo bars, it wouldn't have bothered me at all. However, I also have to wonder if the folks who saw him, didn't first think 'transgender' or 'crossdresser', but instead, what an 'a$$hole': Those come in all varieties; straight, gay, trans, etc..
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

For me - underware is just wrong in public (I don't mind nude if it's a nude venue).
    For me, these people just make it bad for us, worse than mass murders make it, for gun owners.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Banned Read only
    Trisha,
    I would guess most people in the restaurant felt like you did, we all have a level of decency, nothing to do with being prudish, there's a time and a place for dressing like that !

One question did you see where the person went and who she sat with, I also wonder what the serving staff made of it ?

If we or someone here is not precenting themselves properly in public, I believe it's up to us here to tell our selfs want is appropriate in public and that's not how we want crossdressers to be looked as. As for your restaurant person, my only thought is, what is he trying to present dressing like that, what is the reasoning besides drawing attention? Hopefully your thread won't get pulled.
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 07-10-2016 at 02:24 AM. Reason: We don't discuss moderator actions in the forums

I think some people just have no taste, CDing notwithstanding.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

For that person to do something as STUPID as that just shows a lack of brain power, disrespect for other patrons and should have been shown the door by the owner.

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    I agree, exhibitionists like that hurt the entire LGBT community. It's fine to do that in privacy, or in an appropriate venue, where everyone is in similar attire (or lack thereof)....but in a restaurant?
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

Try to dress your age with style is the best

Yes it hurts us. So does going o Walmart dressed to the nines like so many here like to do. How many women do you see dressed like that when shopping or in your experience......going out to eat? A lot of gurls need to think before they leave the house.

This sort of bizarre "dressing" contributes to the bad image that many people have of us. One "oh s..t wipes out ten atta boys" (or girls).
    Hugs, Carole

Quote Originally Posted by karynspanties View Post
    Yes it hurts us. So does going o Walmart dressed to the nines like so many here like to do. How many women do you see dressed like that when shopping or in your experience......going out to eat? A lot of gurls need to think before they leave the house.
    interesting view but if I had my druthers so to say I think it would be better to dress to the 9's yes you will get attention but I don't believe it will be the negative attention of someone in their proverbial undies and in some venues a good way to get hauled off to the ol hoosegow

I have been out and about several times and try my darnest to be
    As least noticeably as possible. Yes the owner of this place should have had the b___ to ask this person to please leave his place of business, but than, he would risk the chance of a lawsuit for discrimination since we have gotten so politically correct it stinks. I have been in a situation that I asked a manager of a business to ask a customer to leave because of this persons loud and nasty language since my children were small and did not want them exposed to that. This was years ago. Maybe one of the customers needed to take charge but than what? Some people are just idiots and let's hope that all on here use some common sense.

It's rude to dress like that anywhere.

I agree Ms Anna. Very rude. If one of my gg friends dressed like that it would be just as rude. I think you should take it just like a gg would, that kind of attire represents a type of person and is no reflection on me or anyone with taste, self-awareness or consideration for others! I have seen a lot of pics on here of ladies with excellent taste, keep outnumbering those folks who obviously have weird attention needs or whatever's going on and don't worry, sanity will prevail.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by TrishaTX View Post
    ...we were out and at a restaurant which turned out to be more gay then a straight place. ...
    A gay pizza place?

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    A gay pizza place?
    I don't know why, but that just made me giggle....

Okay reading this thread is seriously the first time I've laughed in days.....am I getting better or are these comments seriously funny?
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 07-10-2016 at 02:27 AM. Reason: 2nd quote was from a deleted post

I'm sure all of us who try to interact with the public make an effort to look respectable. The question I have Trisha is: was this person wearing shoes with this outfit? If they were, they were not in violation of the ol' NO SHIRT, NO SHOES, NO SERVICE rule!
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

I go with the exhibitionist thread, many try to wear a skirt and present as male, I think this is an exhibitionistic trait also.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Shouldn't that have been atta girl, carhill?