Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Many threads on 'did your mother know' but what about your father?

I got busted at 12 and again at 15. First time my dad was understanding, asked if I wanted to talk to someone about it. second time I was fully dressed and he was very unhappy and was convinced I was a sissy. It changed our relationship forever.

My mother found my stash a few times, never told him.

My sister is tolerant, my brothers ignore any reference.

I told my parents that I wanted to be a girl. Well, that went over great in 1960's suburbia.i guess I was lucky that there was no physical abuse but my dad told me in no uncertain terms that any guy who dressed in women's clothes was sick and needed to be cured. Well that cured me from talking that way in front if anyone ever again. And, people wonder why we have a hard time talking about this. It wasn't until early Internet that I realized that I wasn't sick and I wasn't alone.

I started on the path of crossdressing around age 12. My Mom did not know and told me so, when I told her after my divorce. However my Dad did know because he caught me wearing everything except a wig, when I was around 13 or 14. He made a few remarks under his breathe a few times shortly after that and then let it go. I'm sure he hoped it was a one time thing. He must have never told Mom. I now live across the road from my parents and I'm sure they've seen Megan come and go but so far we have not talked about it. But I have great parents and love them very much.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I don't believe my dad knew but my step-dad did. I was caught when I was just out of 8th grade and my mom and step-dad decided that a summer at home with them both at work was a bad idea. So the shipped me off to spend that and the next several summers with my dad in another state. My step-dad never really engaged me over it but my mother was concerned I was gay and had a short talk about that aspect of it. To the best of my ability to figure things out my dad was never let in on the secret and I don't have anyone alive any longer who could tell me.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

My Dad found a pair of panties that I thought I had hidden in the basement. He found them and put them on his workbench. I found them and snatched them back and threw them in the outside trash can. I was worried sick. But nobody ever said nothing.

I know my Mom knew because she had bought me those panties. Long story....
    http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...t=#post3875986
    Last edited by Ozark; 06-12-2016 at 09:57 PM.

Never met my dad, but my uncle, who is my male role model, found this huge stash of underwear etc. Never said anything about it to this day. I know he found it because he cleaned out my apartment when I got evicted.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 06-16-2016 at 01:37 PM. Reason: you should read the FAQs

My mother dressed me as a girl when I was very young. When I started school mom stopped dressing me as a girl.

Flash forward twenty years and when my father was dying we brought a picture of my daughter into his hospital room. He commented how this was me in a dress. We told him several times it was his granddaughter but he wanted to argue the point so we sopped telling him it was his granddaughter. He also mentioned how my mom always wanted a girl.

If he knew I continued dressing I do not know.