Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are we the "T"

Are we the "T"

I have been struggling with the labels. Am I TG? Guess so, the pink isn't lumberjack mode. But made out with my wife crazy last night. She knows, bought me some manties. Just a bit lost...
    Wish I could roll like this every day.

I'm not sure at all. I often wonder this myself.

Do you believe that a cis-gender male would do the things you do? If not, yes, you're the T. Many different people under the transgender umbrella from transsexuals to gender non-conforming, but all of them find a need to access a place that doesn't exist in cisgender males. So think you're "just" a fetish dresser? You're T. "Just" a crossdresser? T again. Full on TS? Admittedly they seem to have no problem understanding they're transgender but it's worth noting they are.Transgender carries no implications (or responsibilities or duties or whatever) beyond "not-cisgender."

Agreed. We are/I am T.

It's a pretty big generalization but yeah, I think so, kind of.

Take "T" and see.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I often wonder if I am a T? But, as far as definitions go, Jennie summed it up perfectly!

In any case, your sexual orientation has little or nothing to do with being T.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I like T.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Gender and sexuality are two different things SeanErin maybe that is why you are lost.
    Just because you are a straight male that likes to dress as a female does not make you gay or have anything to do with what you prefer sexually.
    Lots of people don't seem to grasp that concept.

Silver Member
    Sooooooo...... if your also a statistician, does that mean you should take the student T test to be sure your part of the population?

Quote Originally Posted by Meghan4now View Post
    Sooooooo...... if your also a statistician, does that mean you should take the student T test to be sure your part of the population?
    Haha Meghan4now, my kind of humor! Stats rule. And yes, T seems like a big tent. Much confusion stems from LGBTQ, of which LGB are really about sexual preference while T is about gender identity. Q crept into the acronym and I'm not really sure what that is all about. So I am T!

if your also a statistician, does that mean you should take the student T test to be sure your part of the population?
    Depends. If you're from Chicago and conservative does that mean you should take the Chi Square test?

Silver Member
    Well how confident do you want to be? Little known fact, the Student T test came from William Gosset, a chemist at the Guinness brewery in 1908. Another reason to raise a pint!

Aaaaaa kjjkkkkkk.
    Last edited by prabha; 06-25-2016 at 04:37 PM.
    love:

When I first came out to close friend we discussed in great depth the meaning LGBTQ and my lesbian friend explained that the Q referred to everything else whereas T I am led to understand is for trans sexual which not all of us are but those that are not T must fall into Q?
    Am I right or wrong on this?

Quote Originally Posted by ThereseW View Post
    Much confusion stems from LGBTQ, of which LGB are really about sexual preference while T is about gender identity.
    Not necessarily. Although there are some Ts who are transsexual and other Ts who identify outside of the gender binary (neither male nor female but some combination of both), some Ts (many non-fetish crossdressers and most fetish dressers for example) still identify male. And among this group of people, some can be hetero, some gay, and some bi. Just because a man enjoys dressing up doesn't mean he is gender variant.
    Reine

Quote Originally Posted by bobbi46 View Post
    When I first came out to close friend we discussed in great depth the meaning LGBTQ and my lesbian friend explained that the Q referred to everything else whereas T I am led to understand is for trans sexual which not all of us are but those that are not T must fall into Q?
    The T has a long history. My recollection of the early days is that T was generally translated as "transsexual" but I don't believe "transgender" was a word back then. As people tried to refine their identities T was generally translated as "transgender" which included all transsexuals as well as the other gender variants.

Once you start adding letters it's hard to stop. I have seen LGBTTIQAA bandied about and there are even more lengthy variants -- I'll bet Google could turn up quite a few more. I believe the current fad of trying to split LGB from T is not doing anyone any favors and it ignores the history of the alliance which was based neither on sexual preference nor on gender identity but was to promote the common safety.

Yes I know I am "T" and I'm not talking about testosterone! Lol

Since Q came up, it made me think that when i originally encountered it, i took it to be a generic for G/L. I think that definition works for a lot of people,but I've been feeling lately there's more of a demographic or group association, or self-identification component to it (and possibly a touch of style =). For instance, i don't think of our homosexual politicians or a lot of banker types as Q at all in most cases, and on the other end, my L friend recently described me as "Q as f", even though I identified as hetero (for all practical purposes) for a long time. (So repressed though, now I think I was afraid to claim the B my whole life for fear people would think I was G, and it turns out I was T+Q all along. I acted very hetero. I still knew about the B, but I didn't think about it or act on it cause I was too scared to identify with the QT inside on the outside). I'm of the younger end of the age range that didn't have any out lgbt people in high school. Now it's a non-issue with my daughter and all her friends.

You people make my head hurt! Who cares? Do we NEED a label?

I think that there are many of us that dress as a sexual fetish. Is that CD? Are they secretly TG? Only the person involved knows how they feel and can identify in one catagory or another.

Some of us start out with a fetish, then realize it's always been more than that. Some of us are totally hetero, some bi, some gay. Sounds like society in general to me.

If a person says they're CD, fine. If they say they're TG, fine. If they're TS, fine. And, we are allowed to cross from one category to another.

I cannot judge what a person identifies with as I don't live in their brain. Explore, experience and make a decision for that day. We all change over time.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 06-08-2016 at 01:13 PM. Reason: don't try and bypass the filter

From friends I believe the Q comes from "Gender Queer". Can't remember what all the other letters come. Just Google search on LGBTQ and you will find the others.

a person who does not subscribe to conventional gender distinctions but identifies with neither, both, or a combination of male and female genders.
    "a younger generation of self-proclaimed genderqueers explicitly reject ‘transgender’ as an identifier"

It is possible to be multiple parts of the LGBT. I am primarily a Lesbian with BI tendencies. And reluctantly also classed by some still a TS or TG, even thou I always identify as a woman.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    "Are we the "T"?" I am.

Non-binary/Questioning
    If you were a GG, you'd have AN OVA.

(Though, in a sense, sperm are MAN OVAs.)

I'm clearly regressing. I'll go away now...
    Last edited by Mayo; 06-08-2016 at 08:42 AM. Reason: bad puns

I am a straight crossdresser. I sort of prefer the label transgender. So I am "T". Although I have had fantasies of being with men (see my posts on other threads), I am straight, not Q.

I once googled "Am I transgender?" One site had only one word on it: "Yes". It seems to me if you ask if you are TG, you probably are. Making out with your wife is not inconsistent with being TG, but it was no doubt great fun. Relax & explore your TG side. 🌺

To my understanding, yes.
    T I thought was for transgender, but that is large bucket. LGB is about sexual orientation but T is not and does not even mean gender identity as all the heterosexual CDers here may feel. Is your identity how you think about yourself(my thoughts) or how you present (alternate view).
    I thought Q was for Questioning - those who were not sure about their gender identity - i.e. Gender fluid
    I thought A was for Asexual - for those who did not feel that had any gender, but I have also seen it as Allies - friends of those who are LGBTQ

Ellen