Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fun at work

Fun at work

Well this week I'm working the night shift at work with only one colleague around who knows of my dressing.

Since we're alone there all night and know when others start again we thought of the opportunity for me to come in dressed, though that wouldn't be entierly practical as the shifts overlap a bit, but I decided to rather bring all the items I'd require instead.

So I brought with a purse, heels, flower printed dress, forms, wig, jewelry and some makeup which I left in my car and underdressed panties, nude hose, corset and a bra.
    A bit after all others had left I went to get the items and made a full transformation in about 15 minutes tops, and walked back into the factory from the wardrobe for the first time en femme, sure was a surreal but fun feeling.

Though my co-worker has seen some pictures of me before he was still a bit surprised at my fem look in person, but he's very accepting and understanding.

I stayed dressed for about 3-4 hours in while doing tasks that would be the least harmful to my outfit, which went really well and I loved every moment of it (can't remember last time the hours flew by this fast at work).

Took me about 10 minutes to swap back and about 40 minutes later again some other colleagues started showing up, unaware of it all.
    (Guess I'll know later if any area I was in where videotaped lol).

I'll probably bring everything tomorrow too but whether I'll dress or not will depend on what tasks I have at hand etc.

Anyone else had a opportunity and taken a chance to dress at work? (with or without colleagues around)

I've had varied jobs, so yes and no.

Traveling for work- yes yes yes- even checking into a hotel at 2am in full feminine regalia. (Minnesota is a wonderful state, BTW...)

Underdressing, oh the stories.

Never with another co-worker though- you are the queen bee here.

A number of clients may have wondered, but they were cut short with professionalism.

And in my mind- that is the key: professionalism.

Do the job well enough that there can be no come-backs.

BUT AMELIE- You have to tell us more details!!!! Stop being such a tease!

Krististeph
    I can see traveling for a job could give a lot of opportunities indeed.

But working in a factory/production, clients at least are not a problem on my end, but of course getting the job done and right is a priority no matter what I'm wearing.

And sorry about the lack of details, I'm not too good with that, and not sure if you're thinking of something specific but I'll try add some more;

As there was only us two around there wasn't much going on other than some smalltalk, jokes and work between us.., except for some extra talk on the (obvious) topic everything went on quite normal throughout.
    We don't work in the exact same place in the department most of the time but we have the breaks together and otherwise stopping/passing by of course.

We work in the painting department and the least harmful tasks I did (that did not involve contact with paint) was mostly masking parts, hanging them on a conveyor ready for painting and some sanding/spackling of failed parts. (I changed back before cleaning the paint plant etc. as that's pretty much as harmful as it can get to a dress and wig).

Hardest part of it would be walking/working in heels, not only is it harder on your feet walking on concrete floor but in the environment I'm also used to walking with industrial work shoes and then take longer steps too.

But wearing something so different and feminine than normal in that environment felt so good, I think it feminized about all my movements and postures too (and any time it felt like it slipped I had to correct it as not acting feminine didn't feel right then).

And I often had the thought in the back of my mind that what if someone where to actually show up right now, or if I was videotaped of course (and I still don't know that, though there were no signs).
    After I was back in drab and people started showing up I did have the same thoughts again for about every person I saw passing by; what would have been his/her reaction.
    (The most likely person to show up in the 'dead zone' would be the security guard who may drop in randomly, though I didn't see him/her this night (Guess we'll see next night if I dress again)).

There are recorded surveillance cameras all over the place. Even though I am often the only person in the building for long stretches, I could never dress at work

geez and I thought I was in stealth mode sounds like fun though

Reality Check
    My standard advice is to keep your crossdressing and your career as far apart as possible. There may be security cameras in your workplace or the boss or someone else may drop by for one reason or another. Even telling co-workers can get you in trouble.

You mentioned that you selected tasks that would not harm your outfit. Is that what your boss would want you to do? If you owned the company wouldn't you want your employees focusing on their assigned tasks and not worrying about harming their wigs or heels?

Your job and career should come first. This is how you support yourself and your family. There is plenty of time for crossdressing after work or on your days off.

I was in a meeting with a sales associate, very pretty lady and we are very friendly aquatiances, so we are sitting close togather and I can tell she is studying my eyes. And she asks do you pluck your eye brows. What could I say, but yes I do. I guess I crossed the line of going to thin, ops.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Very nice adventure. I've had opportunity to underdress quite often but nowadays it's just panties. Some years ago I was helping to renovate abandoned houses after work. For a while I had an entire Betty the Buxom Builder outfit. Bib overalls, red bandana, full makeup and a generous endowment in a tight top. It was lots of fun and scandalous as that's how I arrived to work.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellitgdet View Post
    I was in a meeting with a sales associate, very pretty lady and we are very friendly aquatiances, so we are sitting close togather and I can tell she is studying my eyes. And she asks do you pluck your eye brows. What could I say, but yes I do. I guess I crossed the line of going to thin, ops.
    Apparently, it's OK now for men to have their eyebrows trimmed or thinned. It's called "guybrows". Of course in some cultures in the USA, eyebrow designs are used to indicate gang affiliation or things (bad things) these people have accomplished.

Krisi
    Well I'm not sure I'd call this a career though, more a job as it looks now, but cameras and someone else dropping in was in my thoughts as mentioned in my other reply.

And my selected tasks was part of what I was to do this night. Our department somewhat have a self-directed work team, we do what we believe to be best for our department/company, unless of course something specific is assigned.

Also as said the job was and is always prioritized, if I did not have the 'safe' tasks to do, or doing those at that time were to be impractical for the flow in production there wouldn't have been any dressing.

Silver Member
    Amalie - It is always best to keep private behavior and interests which might be viewed as distracting, or inappropriate, or weird or offensive to others out of work. Period.

If you are at work, you must comply with safety policies and company SOPs, and appear to be focused on your job, not on personal pleasure activities. People lose their jobs foolishly. It may seem unfair, but work is work.

Unless you crossdress openly, and management is aware of and supports you, you should not take the risk of changing at work and wearing attire that could be viewed as distracting and maybe a violation of safety rules. What if your co-worker takes your picture and others see it, or another employee or visitor or your boss comes in to work? What if you have an accident or medical emergency? What if you are caught on security cameras? Too many what-ifs. Both you and your co-worker friend risk disciplinary action.

It might have been a thrill, but it is best not to crossdress at work.

im glad you fun,wish we all had jobs like yours. but please be careful , a job like yours is hard to find where you can have the freedom you have at work, under dress and push the female look all the time, but i would not out right dress except maybe at Halloween or some other occasion .

That's so cool. During the day I'm a construction worker guy. Wouldn't be able to pull that off.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellitgdet View Post
    And she asks do you pluck your eye brows. What could I say, but yes I do.
    I'm always prepared for these situations... in that case I could respond with an emphatic "No! My beautician does it..."

Amalie Im sure it was fun, and I think your being very adventorous which is good, but dont lose your job.
    Mykaa is me! Discovering Peace throughout from the Girl within.
    David Bowie "Don't stay in a sad place Where they don't care how you are..."
    Disturbed The Light "The truth is waiting there for you to find it
    It's not a blight, but a remedy"

I do appreciate all the concern for my job here, and this is something I'll not practice to much the least..
    Sure was a thrill but even with all the fun it doesn't make the work easier and the extra work of changing back and forth does take time too, then there's the work of bringing everything with and all the planing involved.

I didn't bring nor dress this night there, though I saw when I got there I had about the same tasks to get done in the same order as last night which did give me the opportunity to compare the work done in both modes after, and it turned out to be quite the same nonetheless.

But of course it's a risk game with all that is mentioned in this thread, and adding to that a more likely scenario of unexpected (technical) situations that may arise, which may be very impractical to fixing in a dress etc. (and working in a painting department overall is not very practical for the outfit either).

Well I do have the experience of it now at least from seizing one opportunity given. Maybe time to play a waiting game and see if anything comes down from that event now (though even if they somehow know I guess they may still refrain from confronting).

Incredibly Kewl that you had a friend who accepted your dressing. Too bad that your job is production, not secretarial. A few times, I have been assigned to overnight "be there in case anything happens" tasks, and I have brought Cynthia in. I was able to walk around the office in skirt, blouse and heels, use the ladies room, and go so far as to stroll around the office park at 2am. Even got some work done.

Oh I could only wish I could dress at work.
    Angie

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Angie G View Post
    Oh I could only wish I could dress at work.
    Angie
    Angie - Your best option would be to find work-from-home (telework) option jobs. Many employers, to include the federal and state governments, encourage most employees to work from home, sometimes full time but often a few days a week. Some jobs that include travel provide the opportunity to dress while driving, or traveling, or overnight stays are good for crossdressing. Or become start your own business. But unfortunately, work environments are not usually not good opportunities to dress.

Nearly all of my jobs have been retail, so no I haven't been able to dress at work. Underdress? A few times.
    It sounds like you had a wonderful time! I am jelly, almost jam.
    "And tell me, why you're staring. Come on, Come on, it must be, what I'm wearing! - Smash Mouth"

I have never.
    Wish I could/would.
    I always underdress and love that.

Too many cameras and eys on my activities to attempt it at all.

Some years ago before video surveillance it was a practical proposition.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Krististeph,

I was intrigued by your post about traveling for work en femme. I was wondering how you do it. Though women's clothes often pack smaller there is issue of the wig and shoes. Do you check you bag or pack into a carry on? I assume (though may be wrong) that you do not do airport security en femme. How do you travel with the wig and have it come out looking good? Do you have a SO that knows you travel en femme? My wife knows about by CDing but I am not sure she would be enthusiastic about be traveling en femme.

Of course, based on your profile picture it is pretty clear that it would be very difficult to read you.

Thanks for the advice,

Andrea

.I was a lifeguard in college and after the lake closed sometimes when I was working with a friend I'd try on some of the lost and found clothes for fun. Mostly one piece suits, but also an occasional denim skirt. Bever found jeans that fit. When one of the girls went back to college I snagged one of her suits and used to swim in it. Kept it for a long time.

Silver Member
    Years ago I had a sales job were I called on customers. It was great because I wore a loose fitting jackets. I wore a women's sweaters under it along with a bra. I could call on customers and simply keep the jacket closed somewhat. Never had any questions, but I knew that sometimes customers looked at my chest area. I happened to be their top sales person and wasn't worried about my job. When summer came I had to be careful when I switched to shirts but still wore jackets. Worked great also because at lunch time I could stop by the small dress shops in various towns and shop. Of course I would wear a fem jacket or whatever to let them know I was shopping for my self.