Thread: Who reacts better to coming out has Trans/CD men or women?

Who reacts better to coming out has Trans/CD men or women?

I have told male and female friends that I am transgendered. All of them have taken to it and embraced me completely. I have not told some because I know how they think. Anyway my question is when coming out, did you find women better accepting or men?

If the women is not your mate, then I'd say women
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by TrishaTX View Post
    If the women is not your mate, then I'd say women
    ^this. I agree. Mainly because they will not feel threatened by it.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

It all depends on how open-minded they are towards gender expression. From what I've observed and read, the younger generation appears more open to someone being Trans or CD. My question is do you tell me you are transgender or a cross-dresser who is heterosexual and identifies as a man but like to express the feminine gender?
    Tina

In my experiences, women have always reacted better. It is like they have a new"girlfriend" or a new doll to play with. The benifit has been lots of free clothes!!! Help with makeup and a winggirl has been another benifit

I have just come out as Transgendered. Everyone I told embraced me!!

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Beth View Post
    In my experiences, women have always reacted better. It is like they have a new"girlfriend" or a new doll to play with. The benifit has been lots of free clothes!!! Help with makeup and a winggirl has been another benifit
    I agree women seem to want to bring their new gf out. and yes I got some more clothes out of it

I agree with Trisha. Women not involved with a cd, are usually tolerant, but ones i wanted to have relationship with , said, basically, NO, stop doing that.

Banned Read only
    Men and women tend to associate with like minded individuals. Birds of a feather flock together. I'd have to look at the signatories on the Initiative 1515 petitions to restrict the choice of bathrooms (Washington State). What's the percentage of men and women who signed? Generally I'd say it's women who are the most accepting, but, NIMBY.

At the start, women seem to have an easier time with it. When you come out to a male, get ready...they're going to play the gay card one way or another. At the end of the day, both can be turned to your side, so really...50/50.
    Women are more likely to say- let's shop!

An example of men's reactions-
    So your gay.
    No, I like men, that's straight, I'm a woman.
    I... don't... think... so...your gay.
    Gay would be liking women.
    I like women, and I'm not gay.