Thread: Your an artist!

Your an artist!

Last Saturday afternoon, I was in Saugatuck, Mi at a local artist I know, art's reception for a presentation of some new paintings he has done. It was a wonderful show and during one of the quiet moments in-between guess arriving, I had a change to talk to the artist's partner who I have known for a couple of years. During our conversation about relationships and art, he made a statement that I am an artist. He went on to explain how I present, the effort I put into what I am wearing, the makeup, and my mannerisms are an art from. During the conversation I made a comment about how the light where I was staying was terrible for applying makeup. I went on explaining it took me a longtime to realize the impact light has on makeup and how I take all that into consideration when I apply makeup now. He responded with light is something an artist has to learn to work with and I am more of an artiest then I know.

In the end it was a wonderful conversation and left me thinking about what goes into presenting as a female and the art of it. I can not deny it is an art from, now we only need a place to exhibit.

Patti
    It's not about gender it's about fashion www.flickr.com/photos/9438546@N08/sets

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Light makes a lot of difference he is right about that.
    So glad you had a fabulous time.

Top products, skill, experience and a steady hand--they all work together. You must have had a good teacher! I just looked at a few of your flickr pictures. Cute, sophisticated--perfectly passable. Your eyes add drama. Are you doing a "smokey eye" in some of those photos?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I exhibit my "art" here. At least, the ones that I'm allowed to.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

As a painter and illustrator too, he's right, we really are works of living art.

Banned Read only
    Patti,
    I'm an artist (amateur) and a CDer, also was a photographer for thirty years so I appreciate the use of light, so I've always lived with some sort of art form . my paintings may pass but I'm not sure I do, it's fun trying though .

Interesting. I think many on here have artistic personalities. I have been drawing , and doodling since i was tiny, always draw on restaurant place settings. i also consider my dressing in different outfits, an expression of art, creativity.

Oyyytg hjgkk
    Last edited by prabha; 06-25-2016 at 04:36 PM.

Not all of us are "artistic" and I'm definitely part of that group. I have trouble drawing stick figures dammit. lol

Really does add to the challenge of presenting myself well.

Karen

There can be artistic elements to any kind of dressing - even drab. Crossdressing utilizies art for most of us whether or not we're aware of it, but it doesn't have to. i.e. underdressing etc.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Banned Read only
    Just to comment on the use of light...Alfred Hitchcock and other great movie personalities used black and white as their medium. Some of the great works they did in black and white were really destroyed when those who came behind "colorized" their works. Working in black and white requires using the various shades of black to achieve their look. There really is some skill required by men and women to look their best with the use of makeup or even tanning, which changes skin tone, and, clothing. I think many people do forget many times there is an image a person needs to project to the observer. +

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    I've long thought of this thing I do as an Art (see my sig), but it's not a performance or a put-on.

It's that completely honest intersection of skill and passion and that qualifies it as an Art in my mind. The same way as a particularly clever chunk of code I write at work can be artful.
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Patti I've had simlaer thought about this as well, I've even said this to my wife that Crossdressing is an expression of art and of something in oneself that needs expressing