Thread: Relationship with Mom & Crossdressing

Banned Read only

Relationship with Mom & Crossdressing

I've read various posts on various threads and saw a number of us got started by dressing in our Mother's outfits. I was wondering if that caused any changes in your relationship with you Mom?

Mine had a vary hard time at first but has come around the past 10/12years and we have a much better relationship.

Geoff

Aspiring Member
    Always got along very will with my mom, but crossdressing was never discussed. As I've mentioned in other posts it is quite likely that she knew because mothers know everything but she never said anything and I never brought it up.

My mother found out when I was about 15.
    She would put all of her and my sisters unwanted clothes up in the attic.
    When she found out I had been wearing the dresses etc. she said it was fine but to make sure everything was put back as I found them.
    She said I was going through a phase.

For some reason I think I'm still going through the phase!
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

I would borrow panties from time to time ,it was never discussed but mom never said anything,haveing all brother and no sisters it was always male talk at home,I realy wish i had had a sister ...

Silver Member
    My mother knew, but didn't say anything. For awhile she had a hard time when I was in my 20s. She got over it and we have shopped together and she has given me fem things.

No changes, I used her stocking and shoes when I was 4 or 5, but she didn't find out about this part of me until she washed my female smalls when i was 19.
    She was always loving, open minded and a great woman who I will always miss.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Of on a little tangent...but as Michala was suggesting..I never disclosed to my Mother, but she may at some stage have thought about me. This subject never changed our relationship, unlike other circumstances. But now..so many years later and even though Im older and previously never thought I would want to or need to let her know, I am now in the position where my health has put in a position where I feel that I almost want to "confess' before I miss the chance. THIS then, may change our relationship but I think at this stage it will be for the better.

I never expressed this side of myself to my mother and I don't think it would have gone over well from her comments on other related topics.

I used to try on her clothes when I was home alone, which didn't happen often. I do remember finding a blue dress in the back of her closet and trying it on. I had never seen her wear it. Well, a couple of weeks later she comes in to my room wearing that dress on her way out. My jaw hit the floor because for the life of me that is the only time I remember ever seeing her wearing it. Was that a non-verbal message? Maybe yes, maybe no.

I have never been close to my mother and she caught me dressed several times.

She hated it and was disturbed by it, but would never talk to me about it. From the moment I was born she has been a little cold. It's not just me, I think she has attachment issues and was like that with my younger siblings too. One therapist I saw suggested that my being trans stemmed from that lack of closeness, but I don't agree. I knew I was trans LONG before I even realized what was going on with her. She is now in her 70's and we are cordial. I know she loves me, she just has a weird way of expressing it.

My bio mom never accepted it at all,ended getting kicked out when I was 14 for being me.Caught me trying a dress of hers on and said I was out for good.I have a loving mom now and she loves me for who I am.

My Mom and I have always been close for several reasons, when i was younger and used to "borrow" yes she knew but didnt understand, I came out & just said it about the time I joined the forum, now she understands and if anything we got closer.
    Mykaa is me! Discovering Peace throughout from the Girl within.
    David Bowie "Don't stay in a sad place Where they don't care how you are..."
    Disturbed The Light "The truth is waiting there for you to find it
    It's not a blight, but a remedy"

My relationship w/my mom was terrific. She was understanding, compassionate, caring, and was nothing like my father who was verbally abusive to EVERYONE, especially me. Mom knew that I was wearing her clothes but never said anything to me. I can't speak for her but I think she accepted the fact that I was just experimenting. The experimenting is over and I am happy in my skin, I LIKE BECOMING THE GIRL WHO LIVES INSIDE OF ME.

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

Aspiring Member
    Mum had a rule that always sorted out conflict quickly among her children. She had fourteen of them, so there was indeed conflict from time to time. She always went by " the younger of the combatants is always right". My elder sister's clothes were raided with impunity by the younger ones. I am the eldest of those fourteen, so I did my dressing outside the home. As a teenager, I took a job as a church janitor, so I had plenty of bazaar leftovers to wear and a quiet place to wear them.

Aspiring Member
    my mom found out when I was in grade 8/9; my biggest fear at the time was her telling my dad. Despite this, our relationship never wavered.

My mother was an incredible mixture of Scottish Presbyterianism, and total unconditional love - most of the time. I, in my early teens, by which time she was 65, odd but true, had tried on, to my great delight, one of her stockings. She must have known but never said a word. One of her stockings? Yes. And here is a tip, ladies! If you have, say, a pleated skirt that would appreciate TLC, when you store it, roll it up, and slip it inside an old stocking to keep its shape. So, that was the only one I ever dared try, the one that held the skirt! If I had touched anything else, she would have known, and a small part of Western Scotland would have disappeared in a tactical nuclear strike!
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

She obviously knows something. She treats it all like it's none of her business, which I appreciate. Even though in many ways it is her business. I don't talk to her about any of this stuff and she doesn't ask, it's just something in the middle, maybe some stones are best left unturned.

I was very close to my mom - but never talked about crossdressing (she died 17 years ago) - my loss

I was always very close to my mother, though she never knew my little secret, my raiding her things when alone. However, I don't think that she would have been too surprised had she known. Really, she might have been a bit relieved to finally understand why I was not like other boys. Miss her!
    Last edited by Robyn2006; 06-11-2016 at 02:18 PM.
    When lost, alone, or blue I know I can always get through the day, for I've always another shade of lipstick to make things right!