Thread: Meeting People

Meeting People

So I go the pleasure of meeting another friend today. We hung out talked some girl talk, some car talk and in general enjoyed company, We went out to eat and had a great afternoon. I have reached to many in my time here and Im not sorry about anyone Ive met especially in person! I have met 2 forum members now, break the ice, make a friend, I guarantee you wont be sorry. I just thought Id share.

Have you met a member or gotten to know someone like you?
    Last edited by Nigella; 06-12-2016 at 02:07 AM. Reason: Moderation actions are not for the board
    Mykaa is me! Discovering Peace throughout from the Girl within.
    David Bowie "Don't stay in a sad place Where they don't care how you are..."
    Disturbed The Light "The truth is waiting there for you to find it
    It's not a blight, but a remedy"

I have, but the circumstances were such that I inadvertently gave away how to find in my real life. She took a chance of coming to my work, and subtlety reaching out. I freaked out at first, but we've met for coffee a few times in drab, and met en femme at her place for dinner a couple of times. I really appreciate having someone like me to talk to, and I would absolutely love to meet others. It's nice to not feel alone.

You'd think finding someone who enjoys classic rock and indulging a little in intoxicating substances would be easy but it hasn't been easy ever since I left the mental hospital years ago. I re gained weight twice now, and I feel less confident. But I mean, it's only Rock n' roll but I like it. Doesn't anybody else?! I tried hanging out with an old school buddy but he is into drum and bass - which I hate. Lots of young kids and millennials are into that trance and house music. I love classic rock but only old dudes like that stuff. I guess skate boarders do too but all the skate stores aren't hiring and a few closed their doors. I guess in short: I've burned bridges but I just want to meet some people who like classic rock.
    Last edited by paintmepink; 06-12-2016 at 09:35 PM.

Stefani heres the thing I see, we are people, I like cars and I do goto car related activities, I meet someone at a car cruise I have something in common with and we make friends, I dont see the difference. I know I asked 1 of my friends recently who knows about me, I said whats so bad about this? He couldnt really give me a direct answer, I understand the fear and the consequences of being put out, Ive been to court because of what I am. No I didnt like it, but it didnt kill me or define me. Im a guy who likes a womans finer things, : ).Yes IM a guy first, I know theirs some amount of girl here too. So many of us here are isolated and so lonely, why do you choose to stay this way? Its terrible. I know what I hope for, a woman who will accept me, will I find that? I dont know, I can say If I dont try I'll never find her.

I just posted this on Facebook, Back on March the 4th what was left of my old life hit the dumpster, ( I lost a job of about 10 years ), I guess that was bottom, I got a new job and a new outlook on life, I think about what I feel and why I feel it. I make a conscious effort to make me better, Ive accepted things I hadnt thought I needed to and I know Im on the right path, I feel I was put there and I have no doubt of that, I have made some new friends and Im glad to have met every one of them. Ive learned I like to help people and I try my best, I do make mistakes, what can I say, Im a work in progress..... looking up still I havent hit the top yet!
    Im trying Im moving in a good direction, Im not sorry for making friends. We are people and we have our place in society, We just have to make it, What we do today is what will make things better for people like us in the future, ya? Who likes hiding? I dont.

Paint me, I too like classic rock, I know there used to be a few places that did that, its been awhile since I did the bar scene. I know I never liked it solo much, Right now as I have it, I'll probly solo the Yin Yang club to find some fellow cd'ers, I hope. I have yet to make a local friend to hang out with, : (
    Last edited by Mykaa; 06-12-2016 at 09:40 PM.
    Mykaa is me! Discovering Peace throughout from the Girl within.
    David Bowie "Don't stay in a sad place Where they don't care how you are..."
    Disturbed The Light "The truth is waiting there for you to find it
    It's not a blight, but a remedy"

Paint, I am into mostly classical masters music. I like some old rock songs, and old country. But, i have not met but one person in ten yrs here. My dad always told me to be a loner. In the rural area where i live, it is all married with children people, and elderly. I feel like an alien from another galaxy. Most people here are into country, and rock music. I like old music, whether classical, old country, some old rock and roll. Eclectic, and odd, and alone.
    Last edited by Alice Torn; 06-13-2016 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alice Torn View Post
    Paint, I am into mostly classical masters music. I like some old rock songs, and old country. But, i have not met but one person in ten yrs here. My dad always told me to be a loner.
    I like country and classical music as well. Why would he say that?

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have met 3 or 4 members from here and all were well worth meeting and we stay in touch.
    Paint I'm all about rock music,classical music and even like old country if its good LOL
    More into melodic metal because I enjoy playing it.
    Started playing guitar in 1965 and still play everyday.
    I have seen the Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Black Sabbath live in their heyday. Kiss, Areosmith, Grand Funk Railroad,Funkadelic and a ton more famous bands from the 70's 80's 90's to present day.
    Still go to concerts when I can.

I'm new to the forum so I haven't met anyone here or elsewhere for that matter. It would be nice to be able to share this aspect of my life with someone else though.

Beth

I have met many and look forward to meeting more and reconnecting those from the past.

I travel frequently and love to meet locals or others traveling to the same city that I am in.

Paint, My dad was, and at 95 still is anti social. His dad was a loner, and made him into a loner. My mom felt sorry for him, and married him. They told their kids to be loners, and not to date or marry, or have many friends. Sadly, itwas planted in us at a very early age, and none of us adults in our 60's has a mate or social life. Still taking care of dad, too. i hope in my elderly years, i can have more friends. I hope to go out as Alice in public again soon, partly as rebelling against being a solitary male.

I have a few times. For someone trying to work their way out it's important for me (nervous and exciting too!)

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I have met countless CD.com members over the years. But, very few one on one at vanilla venues. I'm not out and I find mundane activities stressful and pointless when dressed. I'll meet them at Dennys or Starbucks in drab, tho, thank u very much!

Clubs, T events, T conferences, and going to Vegas events dressed is much more fun, way more exciting, and the best reason I leave my comfy closet! There's always chances to get away from the crowds at those functions if u want a private, quiet chat!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!