Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does getting older give you more nerve

Does getting older give you more nerve

It appears that the older I get (I am well past 65) the nervier I am becoming. I only dressed when the wife went to work or went shopping or out with her girlfriends for lunch. But now I am getting up early in the morning (earlier then I have to) and getting fully dressed with the exception of make-up and/or wig. Is anyone else experiencing the same thing?????? I also am aware that I am "pushing the envelope.

Mollyanne
    "To thine own self be true"

Same here as I get older the more Time I find for Raychel.
    Not sure it is more nerve, just caring less what people think or say.
    This is me, my house, deal with it.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Aspiring Member
    I am only 50, I do not have more time but I find my self not caring what most people think. I still am not ready for people who are close to me to know.
    Sara

Silver Member
    I think for me the older I get the more comfortable I became with who I am, I am happy to call myself a crossdresser and that certainly wasn't the case for me when I was much younger, therefore I get so much more pleasure from being dressed now than I used to do and therefore I want more time feeling that way, I don't haver to deal with the guilt anymore, I don't hide my things anymore, I dress when I want to

As Raychel said this is me, when I was younger the nerves of getting caught would near on kill me

I agree, I find myself dressing more the older I get and the more effort I put into my presentation.

I also find that I am chafing at the bit more to get out and do things. I repeatedly feel like I'm all dressed up with no where to go!

Hi Linda, I can definitely relate to the "all dressed up and no where to go" phrase.

Molly
    Last edited by Lorileah; 06-12-2016 at 12:04 PM. Reason: no need to quote post above yours
    "To thine own self be true"

I seemed to have "peaked" in my early 50's. Been comfortable with who I am and where I am since then. Dressing happens, and I focus on other things in my life. I must say though that this is because I have the luxury of dressing when I want and as I want, and my wife knows and supports. Don't go out dressed and don't want to. I prefer to stay in my great big closet and it's enough for me.

I have notice my attitude changed it around 60. It started with pedicures added polish now have my nails done with acrylic there longer and I keep a clear pink or other color all the time. I am almost to the point if I like it I am going to wear it and not care what the rest of the world thinks other than my toddler grandchildren. I believe as we age we care less and less what other people think about what we ware and what others think of it. Time is short enjoy Life be your self and revel in the time you have.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'm not any nervier at age 73. But, I give a s--- less about what others think. Most r young but I'm running out of time! And, Sherry's only 18. Still so many women to immitate and photo stories for Sherry to star in!

She and I've been out enuff the last 7 years to last 2 lifetimes. But, I ain't done yet!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Perhaps, one gets "nervier". Or, maybe it is that we no longer care quite so much about what people might think. Also, if you are no longer employed you do not need to worry about possibly losing your job. As usual, there are probably multiple reasons.
    Hugs, Carole

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda E. Woodworth View Post
    I agree, I find myself dressing more the older I get and the more effort I put into my presentation.

I also find that I am chafing at the bit more to get out and do things. I repeatedly feel like I'm all dressed up with no where to go!
    What Linda said, exactly!

I also put more effort in and I don't know if I have more nerve or don't give a crap attitude. But as I age it is more there.
    Part Time Girl

Yes, definitely. The older you get, the less you care about what other people think of you. These days I spend most of my days fully en femme. Most days I wouldn't even consider wearing male clothing. And I've found that I don't really care who knows about it. I no longer change clothes for visitors. My house, my rules. There are people out there in the plain vanilla world who know both my male and female presentation, and who realize that that they are the same person. They don't care, and neither do I.

Hose & Heel Loving Divia. Lee Andrews's Avatar
    The older you get, the stronger your " I don't give a crap" gets.

Hi,
    I am certainly becoming less inhibited ... is it because as the years start to run out that I want to try everything or is that I start to realize that I am less scared of other peoples' opinions?
    luv J

As one ages one forgets what they are wearing? I wear things around the house that I wouldn't want my neighbors to see, but then I step out without thinking! I guess I have more nerve about dressing at home but I still need to be careful about what the neighbors see.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Admittedly, I care what some people think and don't care what others think. After age fifty, I cared a lot less. The night-time concierge and doorman in my building know, I assume other staff knows because of it. I don't care. However, I don't want my octogenarian parents, my business partners or my buds that I drink and watch football with to know.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I think so, I just care less, so I have more nerve ...
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

I always had a nasty independant streak in me to begin with. Don't like what I am or do? Write when you find work and don't let the door hit you in the ___ on your way out. Until something comes along that makes me want to go out dressed, I can keep it within my walls.
    I don't dress up because I want to be a woman, I dress up to make me happy.

Banned Read only
    Mollyanne,
    I think there are many reasons why we get bolder , I won't say care less, I'm out to my family now but I still consider what they think. I won't say I blame the forum but the fact it opened my eyes to accepting it's for life and things had to change. Hiding in the closet and peering round curtains was becoming ridiculous , I stopped feeling guilty for something I was born with. As all this has happened in my sixties I'm finally going to enjoy the things it gives me, I finally made it out the door dressed and drive to meet others socially , I really enjoy shopping and the interaction with SAs . At times I think what do they think of someone my age doing what I'm doing but it just doesn't appear to bother them .
    As for pushing the envelope if that what it means to satisfy my needs, yes sometimes I do, let's be realistic we know time isn't on our side, I may have been a CDer all my life but it was shrouded in shame and guilt for too many years now it's finally gone I accept myself and feel comfortable with it and do you know something the World hasn't stopped because I've finally come out !

Banned Read only
    M:

For me, I wouldn't say that my nerve has increased as I've always been fairly nervy. But, at 67 I think what has happened is that the desire to self-edit my thoughts and actions has decreased greatly. That's where the difference is.

DeeAnn

Definitely...for me that has indeed been the case...I've dressed all my life and as a kid/teen I was bullied for it somewhat...All that's stopped past 20-25 though. Fewer and fewer people (dare?) question me now, and I apparently care less and less too lol.
    http://www.youtube.com/c/CatchQueen - My YouTube - I post there regularly

Yes, without any doubt.
    Everybody's got a secret sonny, something that they just can't face. Some folks spend their whole life trying to keept it, they carry it with then every step that they take. 'Till someday they just cut it loose, cut it loose or let it drag 'em down. - Well I'd say this is exactly how it is with me.

It's a definite yes for me. I went shoe shopping a couple of weeks ago (in drab unfortunately) and when I got to the counter I told the SA yes these are women's shoes and yes they are for me. We then had a nice conversation about how cute the shoes were as she rang me up. I wouldn't have even considered doing this when I was younger.

lol I did that once with a bathing suit years ago. The elderly woman selling it was out of her way helpful...still wonder what she thought of me lol...
    Last edited by Lorileah; 06-16-2016 at 05:25 PM. Reason: you don't need to quote post above yours
    http://www.youtube.com/c/CatchQueen - My YouTube - I post there regularly