Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does getting older give you more nerve

Yes, I definitely care less if people think bad about me when fully dressed or androgynous which has initiated positive and enjoyable conversations with strangers I would not have had otherwise.

I have grown to care less what other people think. I go out when I can dressed and don't worry so much.

I've come to the conclusion that I have a finite amount of time left to enjoy the life I make for myself. I wasted 30+ years catering to my unfounded fears and I'm not going to continue that mistake.

I'm not sure if it's more nerve per se or just a "don't really care" attitude. Face it at my age (69) who do I have to impress anyway? Besides when we are this age we are expected to act somewhat quirky, no?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Kendra an ohio crossdress kendracd's Avatar
    I think now that I am older I too have adopted the "i just don"t care" attitude when I was younger, lol no way would I be caught dead wearing a dress but now I figure what the hec, I like it do it.

Aspiring Member
    As I get older, the urge gets stronger. Thus the worry about what others thinks tend to fade away.

Since my late 50's I have really enjoyed dressing as a woman.

I'm 73, why not enjoy it more as my time runs out.

If I could, I would dress and act like a woman 24/7.
    Last edited by Martha G; 06-16-2016 at 10:18 AM.

When I was younger I was very, very shy. I would blush at the slightest thing. But now, when dressed I have got the nerve to go out and interact with anyone female or male.

Julie.

Now days i seem to care less what most people think and definitely pushed the envelope

I guess Mollyanne I would have to agree. I am also north of 65 and find myself trying more things and wanting to dress more and more although right now my wife does not know and I am trying to keep it that I seem to be making more and more mistakes like borrowing some of her jewelry and not putting it back in same place. Before I only used my own but I love some of hers.

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    I also get up very early to enjoy "my time". I sip at my coffee while watching the early morning news before my 5 mile bike ride. Usually, I'm collecting my thoughts and getting ready to attack the day ahead while wearing a short skirt and cami top or similar. I have also become more and more open.
    I now ride my bike wearing capris, and I always have a sports bra on under my shirt. I went on a Caribbean vacation this spring and got a pedi just before the trip. I had a dive flag on one big toe, and a shark design on the other. All the other toes were shiny clear polish. Nobody said a word, other than a few locals giving me funny looks. My legs and underarms are silky smooth all the time.
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    I think three things are at play here.

1) As one gets older, we tend to no longer be concerned about what others might think of us, regardless if you are CD or not.

2) Studies have shown the as we get older (like in 60+ years old) as long as you are in reasonably good health we tend to get happier... contrary to popular thinking.

3) If you are CD, as you get older, you get the feeling that it''s "now or never" and embrace the CD side of your life as never before.
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 06-17-2016 at 09:35 AM.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I'm approaching 67 this summer and I'm doing more and more things dressed than ever before.

I still care what others think, but I've finally decided that it's time for me to consider my own needs and give them priority. I'm running out of patience for the lame excuses I've always told myself. During this time I've built a wealth of CD skills in makeup, style and presentation that have all added to my level of comfort and confidence. Also, over the years I've made a bunch of small steps as I've moved more and more out and each time there has been no negative consequence. I don't know that I have more nerve but I do have a wealth of experience that tells me most of what I'm doing can be done without unrealistic concerns over my safety or the potential loss of love from important people in my life.

So do I have more nerve now? I don't think so, I just decided to pay attention to the lessons I've learned.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

For me It seems like the older I get the more I don't give a Rats backside what people think.

Kymmie
    Just your average harley riding crossdressing biker

Why be normal??????

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    I just turned 65 and while I do dress a lot more than I used to, I'm closeted, so 'nerve' really doesn't factor into it. In fact, I STILL can't shop for skirts and dresses in person - I'm far more self-conscious now, even than I used to be, in my 30s.
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

I think that it is absolutely true that wisdom comes with age. I can think of lots of things in my life that I could have done better if I knew then what I know now. Dressing is one of those things. With wisdom comes confidence in your decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara Jo View Post
    If you are CD, as you get older, you get the feeling that it''s "now or never" and embrace the CD side of your life as never before.
    And with two sides to the person, it's easier to enjoy each day

I just turned 70 and for the past year I've enjoyed watching my "dont give a crap" meter rise toward 100%. But at the same time, I find I no longer give a crap for explaining to the muggles no matter how friendly they are, and I find myself increasingly resistant to the role of explaining, justifying, educating, anything to anybody.

Absolutely !!! I've served in the armed forces of the U.S. and have had some close calls. I'm out now and totally subscribe to the philosophy...WGAS....Who Gives a Sh*t? Our love of feminine life is here to stay...enjoy life...I do (smile)

I am 62 now, and last year i went out in public 7 times, a record for me! With my gray wig, I do try to look my age, and that helps. But, at six foor six barefoot, and a nervous a bit paranoid anyway, I still deal with the butterflies everytime, and some fears. The tortured life with my control freak older brothers, and how they condemn gays, dressers, TS, and effeminate men, has not been a help, either.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Nancy Sue, Yes, and us military vets have served and more than earned our right to go out dressed nicely as women.
    Last edited by Alice Torn; 06-24-2016 at 07:51 PM.

Yes, as I grow older I no longer fear the possibility of being shamed or humiliated about my crossdressing. I am totally comfortable shopping for feminine things while dressed in my male attire. I buy cosmetics,toiletries, perfume and lingerie without a flinch.

Platinum Member
    As a retiree of eight plus years I do not have to be concerned with any adverse consequences of being 'outed' at work. My wife still works when she wants to, and, that is a full day, so I do get my femme time. It would be nice to be more open about it, but, that's going to happen soon.

Perhaps as we get older, the things that can go wrong become fewer and farther between. I no longer have a career to worry about so that whole "obstacle" has gone away. And I now have more time to do lots of things that I was previously too busy to do... including dressing But still, like others have responded, there are still people who I'd rather keep out of my closet.

Lacy PJs