Thread: An Unusual Outing of Oneself

An Unusual Outing of Oneself

In a hurry, out of my feminine wear and into drab to go to the hardware store, I changed, partly. I had intended to wear my long pants but found my keys etc. in my shorts, so I wore them instead, after putting on white socks to cover my ankles under my pant legs. Unfortunately I forgot that I was wearing knee high stockings while trying on new shoes. Needless to say, my white socks didn't go up to my knees, however, the knee high stockings did.
    I never noticed until I got back home. I suffered no staring that I know of, and I assume that if anyone noticed, they would probably guess that I had a circulation problem rather than a dressing problem. LOL

Banned Read only
    Barbara,
    People hate to point out being absent minded, maybe you started a new trend in the hard wear store.

Why change to go? Ok I know, I know your still in the "closet", sometimes I forget about my nails being on and colored and in male mode can be quite outstanding and I talk with my hands a lot.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Gold Member
    Some people wear knee high nylons to support their legs.
    And they look just like regular knee high's but are support hose.
    So no shame needed, just what the doctor ordered.
    Rader

I am quite sure nobody noticed or possibly even cared. Mens socks can go knee high and so many people have circulation problems. your mind is worse than reality...

Well Theresa, if I see someone soon with knee highs on under their socks, I will fall on the floor with astonishment, and hope they don't have a medical problem.

Silver Member
    Well, what color were your shoes and pants? White socks are not the norm anymore. I used to wear them all the time back in the 80's and 90s, and tube socks with strip in the 70s and 80s. But no tube socks any more, and only occasionally white socks. They clash with the rest of my outfit, even in boy mode. A for goodness sake, I hope you didn't do the sock and sandal thing. Nothing says decrepit old man like that...except if your plaid shorts were pulled up above your waist .

LOL, I have a step dad who does the sandal, plaid shorts thing. The whole family tries to correct him, cautiously because he's a very nice guy and no one would want to hurt him.
    I did those sock styles as well, but what is the current fad? I know it's not dark socks with shorts? No socks? I did get a comment from another employee about my socks, when I was only threatening to wear shorts with them. He suggested I needed new socks first.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    That had me chuckling. Better than forgetting to remove ones earings.

Silver Member
    Well, I am not exactly a clothes pony, but I tend to wear a complimentary color, a hue or two darker or lighter depending on the pants. I tend toward khaki or natural/nutral shade, tans and greens and grays.

You may have a circulation problem, but none of us has a dressing problem! Other people may have a problem with it. And white socks are out? What am I going to do with the 12 gross I just bought? (And don't tell me you don't know what a gross is!)
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Silver Member
    Sherrie,

You'll just have to play a lot of tennis.

I wear white socks to work every day, and khaki shorts AND my compression socks as well. No one has ever questioned any of it--except when it's raining and I'm wearing shorts and a t shirt and no jacket. I like it cold. By the way, since when did the hardware store start selling shoes? I'm calling shenanigans on this one.
    Jon