Thread: Does sadness strike?

Does sadness strike?

Just a curiosity question, I work in maintenance and wear shorts to work so in the summertime shaved legs and pantyhose are just not an option for me. My wife knows and supports me, but my co-workers would be brutal on me. When the weather starts to warm up, a sense of sadness comes over me because my dressing opportunities fall to almost zero. I will frequently wear pantyhose to bed but the sadness strikes as I slide them back down my legs early in the morning. Also during the summer I have kids home with me, I don't dress in front of them, so there could be days that I could wear them around the house but with kids around not possible. How do some of you in similar situations cope?

I'm in a similar spot (out to SO but not to friends or co-workers), but I find ways to express a more femme side even in guy mode.

I've shaved my legs regularly for nearly 20 years. And I wear shorts all of the time. It's a complete and total non-issue, especially these days. So many guys shave their legs for some kind of athletics that no one cares. I used to tell people that I was a cyclist, and now I'll just say that I hate leg hair. But I'm really asked maybe once a year. Most people really don't notice.

Consider getting a pedicure with color as well. It's a fun and feminine thing to do - and only you and your SO have to know, unless you wear sandals to work.

There's all sorts of reasons why they do it, so you might find some inspiration there.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 06-13-2016 at 01:18 PM. Reason: link requires sign in

Modern women don't usually wear stockings or pantyhose anymore. Consider that. Me, I'm stuck in crossdresser adolescence; so I get away with wearing knee socks and enjoying that. One summer many years ago, when wearing shorts, I just choose socks with the color stripes of the local pro basketball team (in case anyone asked why I chose them). Once I got everyone used to seeing that, I gradually switched to plain white and nobody noticed.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I hate hair anywhere on my body and try to get it all off all year and especially in the summer. You could do that but since you are always dressed nobody would know at all. Shaved legs are a non issue and you can expand from there.
    Part Time Girl

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    How do you cope?
    You realize you have a panty hose fetish, then take them off live your life and wear them when you can.

I get sad & frustrated when I can't dress. Which is often. The best I can do is to dress or underdress whenever possible.🌺

Banned Read only
    Michelle,
    It's surprising how quickly get people get use to shaved legs, chest and arms.

Look at it this way my son, and both brother in laws have very little hair, no one calls them for it, it's mostly in our heads where the problem is. I wouldn't want to go back to having body hair, it's a continual battle but well worth it.

The only time I've worn tights/pantyhose in bed was when it was really could otherwise I'm happy to slip into a nightie.

If I can't dress, I shop instead , at times it is frustrating, you know how much your stress level would drop if you could slip something femme on .
    Last edited by Teresa; 06-13-2016 at 01:01 PM.

Teresa,
    Thats funny, I was just looking at the hair on my legs thinking it would not be real obvious if it was shaved before I read your response. My thing is I love wearing pantyhose or tights whatever mood strikes me, I love the feeling of the fabric hugging my legs and waking up with soft smooth legs. I will probably end up taking my hair clippers and gradually thinning the hair to none, until my wife catches me lol.

It can be day to day for me. Some days I don't think about it that much, but there are others that it's on my mind constantly. I get bummed that I can't dress as often as I'd like but I try to find other ways to make up for it.

Banned Read only
    Michelle,
    The first time I shaved I used the bidet and nearly clogged it up ,it just took time, now I do them in the shower every day so it takes me an extra ten minutes , I find shower gel works fine with a twin blade but I try not to miss a day otherwise the itching starts. If that's the case I use a cheap moisturising hand cream , I'm not sure what the active ingredient is but it's a cure all for most skin problems.
    As far as my wife noticing my legs , I had to tell her because she didn't notice after she nagged me about putting shorts on in the hot weather, now she just doesn't bother, most of the family have seen me. Just the other day I splashed around with the grandsons in their paddling pool, I much prefer not to have hair anywhere now .

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Michelle,
    It's surprising how quickly get people get use to shaved legs, chest and arms.
    Absolutely! It's a little unusual for some to start but hey, bodybuilders do it, like religiously! If anyone were to ask me about it that's the line I'd use!

And then I'd pretend to take notes as the BB community chortles on:

Dude, you seriously need to try try creatine stacked with 'ripped freak' fat burners 'n this natural stuff I found on the Web that totally amps up your T levels and makes you a complete chic magnet (jerk/a-hole)...wow, I'll totally try that (whatever 😑 )

Sorry, just a tween rant (ya, I can see it from both sides now 😉 )