I had nothing special to do today, so I planned to go all the way today with full makeup and a nice dress and spend the whole day en femme. But when I woke up I felt really down for some reason. I got all showered and shaved, but I just couldn't go any farther.

So I sat down and played a few computer games, all the while getting more depressed. Then I said to myself, "get in that bathroom, girl, and get your makeup on." So I forced myself to go through the ritual, but it didn't make me any happier. I just felt like I was making myself look weird. I got everything done, grabbed my favorite blue dress from the closet, put on my wig and jewelry, looked at myself in the mirror and thought "you know, I really don't look all that bad."

I was still bummed out though, so I said to myself "get out of this house and get yourself some lunch!" So I grabbed my purse and went out to my favorite restaurant.

Well, that sure brought me around. It felt so great to be out and about, showing off my femme self to the world!

So I'm back home now, sitting in my favorite place (the back porch), with my favorite beverage (iced tea), wearing my favorite blue dress, and my favorite open-toed shoes with their little bows, and feeling happy as a clam. Boy am I glad I forced myself to dress!

So I invite all you ladies to join me. Put on your favorite dress, grab your favorite beverage, and join me in your happy place! And if you really can't dress right now, join me in spirit!