Thread: I'd like your opinion

I'd like your opinion

For several years now I have allowed my hair to grow long at least to my shoulders .during working hours I keep it in a ponytail. generally off work loose or semi tied ,both ears are pierced earwear male earrings and female earrings from time to time. Generally I do my own laundry but my wife will some times do it for me, my panties are always neatly folded in my laundry pile. I shave my legs and chest. I also trim my eyebrows.
    From time to time I will wear barrettes in my hair my wife comments are "" take that out of your hair you look like a girl" never a comment about the panties but always a comment about my hair. Moving forward I am a bit confused. Both my wife and I in our late sixties I have come to the point in my life for where I would like to spend more time as Wanda. I am lucky and this point in time, I am away four or five days a week which allows me Wanda time. In a few months I will not have the time to indulge myself.
    Suggestions, thoughts or comments

Banned Read only
    No one can see your underwear yet everyone sees your hair.

Silver Member
    Besides the panties, what else does your wife know about your femininity?

I agree with Jennifer - she is more concerned about what others can see. Many men in their sixties do not have excessive leg hair. We know most of public will never comment anyway. The chest is often covered by shirt. I don't know how thinned the eyebrows are - maybe enough to not be overt. The female earrings - are they very feminine or just small gold hoops that some men wear? I will assume she knows but is not happy about it, but tolerates it as long as others are not commenting.
    So does your wife not want to see Wanda, so you do it only when away? In a few months, why not find a local support group for Wanda to attend to get your time in and not have to do so in front of wife?
    Hugs, Ellen

Thank you for the comments, they are appreciated.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    My hair is mid back and I have both ears pierced. I'm 63 BTW
    Retired and single so I spend a lot of time as my female side.
    If that is what you want to do then do it.

I'm clean shaven from neck down, long hair past shoulders(almost all my life), pierced ears and trimmed brows. Always have my hair down if not at work. I'm just in my early 60's (62) and found that as I grow older I love to express my femme self when ever possible and to heck with everyone else, but then again I'm single.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Other then the tihings i talked abuot the wife knows nothing of wanda.

Hi Wanda,

From your summary it sounds as if your wife is comfortable with and accepting of your femme self, but only to a certain point. With your hair in barrettes, this tips over into an excessively girly appearance for her comfort. This might be exacerbated by other feminine accessories such as earrings that just make your presentation too much for her. The fact that she accepts your female clothes is good but it seems to me that the other items that are visible are pushing it too far for her.

A couple of suggestions: no need to cut your hair, but with the length it is at present you should be able to groom it in a more masculine, but still long, style when out and about en homme, then restyle it in a more feminine way when at home or away on your own. In this way you reduce the risk of losing her support Plenty of guys of all ages have longer hair. Also, when you stop work there's nothing to prevent you still going away from home periodically and dressing as you do now, whether that be to hotels or to CD events or support groups where you can still have that freedom to dress as Wanda.

Please tread carefully, your wife is sending you a clear message about boundaries. My advice would be to raise it with her and not risk losing her good will. I hope I'm not wide of the mark. This is what I interpret from your original post.

Michelle
    Michelle

Michelle thanks for the advice, I will act upon it