Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Late Life Crossdresser

Very similar story to others. Dressed in clothes I could get when I was a child then some very intermittent dressing over the years. However, when I was about 55 or so I acquired more of my own clothes. Still on the journey. Have not gone out and still only dress without hair and makeup. That will likely be next...

I started when I was 54 with some experimental underdressing, but didn't try for a fully dressed and made up look until I was 56. I am now 58, going on 59 this August, and living close to half time as a woman. I love the freedom of going out whenever and wherever I please as a woman, and making new friends in my girly persona. When dressed, I usually pass for being in my late 30's to mid 40's, and choose to dress myself as if in my early 30's.

I've felt I was bisexual since high school, but repressed that until my 50's, after both of my parents had died. When I was in my late 40's I began to wonder if there was more to my repressed side than being bisexual, because I really liked portraying female characters in on-line roleplaying venues, and I was very good at it. About that time I also realized I was looking longingly at women's shoes and clothes, and wishing I could wear them. I started writing stories that included cross dressing and transgender males, though I didn't yet think the transgender label applied to me.

That first two years of underdressing, I limited my activity because I was married. Wife knew and accepted that I wore panties under my male clothes every day, but she was clearly uncomfortable with me taking it further than that. When she died, the dam burst and I just went with the flow. I accepted that I was to some degree transgender, though I feel no urgent need to fully transition to female.

Right now I am comfortable living in both worlds, and spending close to half my time presenting female and being accepted as a woman, or at least as a transitioned transwoman. Dressing is enough for me at this point, without going through HRT or surgeries.
    Last edited by Ceera; 06-17-2016 at 03:51 PM.

Aspiring Member
    You youngsters got it made. I wished I could have dressed when I was young; I'd have made a pretty girl Suppressed it most of my life until four years ago. Now I am an Octogenarian (it's in your Funk & Wagnal). I stay in the closet so I can dress and feel like a 30 year old. If I'd dress my age the best I could hope for would be a boy scout offering to help me cross the street.

Ineke

Im 43 and have recently been hit by the pink fog hard, underware is the best I can do at the best of times as the house is hardly ever empty it has made me look at myself alot deeper and have so many light bulb moments just wish this had happened 30 years ago I feel my life would of taken a better direction

Aspiring Member
    I began secretly trying on some of my sister's things when I was about 12. It was pure curiosity, and I was always overcome with feelings of guilt and shame afterward. I spent a lot of time alone in my mid teens, due to circumstances, and could not resist the opportunities this presented to wear my sister's and sometimes my mother's bras, stockings, slips etc. around the house, but those darn feelings of guilt would eventually bring an end to my forays. For the next thirty years after I was about 20, I managed to suppress these desires except for a few times when I was under a lot of stress. My first wife was aware of my desires, but had no idea of the extent of them. I sadly lost her to cancer in our early forties, and for a brief few months would sleep while partly dressed as it helped with the grieving, but I had young children to tend to and soon discarded everything and was determined to put crossdressing behind me. I no longer felt guilty or ashamed, but just felt it was best for my situation if I resisted those urges.

After remarrying, the subject came up with my new wife quite unexpectedly, and when I told her my story she encouraged me to dress when the opportunities and the mood enabled me to, and helped me to acquire some clothing. I was about 50 at the time. She wanted me to keep it between ourselves, and not let the children know. I am now 77, and there are periods of time when I dress quite frequently, and other times when I go about 5 or 6 months without even thinking about it. I remain closeted, although I have attended a number of crossdressing events and gone for hikes in the woods whenever it seemed safe to do so. I am a late bloomer as far as full dressing for hours on end, but have had the urges for well over 60 years now.

Veronica

Hi Martha, I consider myself to be a "Later in Life Realizer". I started dressing at 34 and I realized a couple of years later, with help from this site, that I am TG.
    -BrendaJane
    Congratulations St. Louis Blues 2019 Stanley Cup Champions!!! "Play Gloria"!!!

Wore some "borrowed" clothes at young age. No idea why. Thought before married was need to crossdress not sure . shared with future spouse before marriage, but did not want another female in relationship! We were married 34+ years and very happy years!! She died last year. It was like a dam burst! The pink fog moved in with a vengence. At one point I bought 5 pairs of shoes in one purchase!! Note that I started when I was 64! You have been wonderful and I have learned a lot!! Lana Mae

I have been doing this on and off all my life. Now at 63 I am of the opinion that there is not that much time left and to make every day count.
    Yes I know I could get to be older that 90 but in my mind I cannot imagine what I might look like dressed at that age.
    So I live in the moment.

Philippa Jane

Aspiring Member
    Philipa - you can dress at any age in whatever you like, especially if you don't plan to go out. I am 19 years ahead of you. At home I nearly always wear a skort or a skirt (I like wrinkle skirts for one) and a blouse. Makes me feel younger and content. Being divorced for non CD reasons makes it that much easier. I do not plan make-up or wig and don't care to look into a mirror unless I shave. Let's face it, crossdressing is mostly in the mind anyway - and if you don't mind it don't matter. So enjoy the next 19 years or so.

Ineke

I finally gave into my desires and started buying lingerie in my early 40's. I'd worn panty hose occasionally and many years ago when looking after a work mates home for a month, I wore his wife's slip in bed every night. I so wish I had started wearing lingerie earlier in life, but I'm making up for lost time now! It took a long time for me to understand and accept who I am inside.

I started early with cross dressing. As time went on and life happened sometimes the was more opportunity for it and sometimes not. No that I'm older and more adept at juggling my time I have days that I can entirely devote to dressing up. I've enjoyed being a cross dresser more now than I did when I was younger.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    It all sort of started with a bra obsession in pre-teens. Then it was an added exciting component of another fantasy sensation. And, for the longest time it was just having breasts in male mode. The actual full crossdressing started in my forties and I only actually started enjoying makeup in my fifties. Now, it's just whatever I feel like being.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I am in this club too!! I only started cross dressing about fifteen years ago. I was in my middle fifty's then. For some reason I had no interest in it before then. But I was always a late starter in everything!!

For those that started late, always remember:

The early bird may get the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese
    Be careful of the toes you step on today, for they could be connected to the asses you kiss tomorrow.