Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does your wife know?

Banned Read only
    My wife has known for about 5 years. We go out on occasion, my clothes hang in our closet, it is our normal now.

my wife is very accepting, however wearing her clothes is just wrong. You need to get your own. Wives like there clothing for their own use.
    TO OVER WEIGHT TO POST A PHOTO, MY wife tells me I look like I am pregnant

I have an amazing wife. I was helping her in the sewing room and I was wearing matching bra and panties, mini skirt and a red cami top. (Its hot here). And she did not say a word. She is accepting up to a point which I thank her for. I realize how lucky I am to have her.

I told my wife about my CD'ing while we were still dating. I proposed to her about 3 months later. We've now been happily married for 19+ years. She shops with me, helps me fill out my wardrobe, and sees me dressed every couple of weeks.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

Yes she knows, accepts and helps. Women's intuition is never to be underestimated. Early in our relationship, she sensed I had an extraordinary attraction to hose...pantyhose, thigh highs and nylon stockings. I would look and feel them as often as possible. One night, after getting home from a party, she was taking her thigh highs off and caught me looking and smiling. she suddenly tossed them to me and said, "here you can have them". My heart almost stopped. It was then I took the big leap of faith and told her of my desire to cd....expecting a violent reaction. She just smiled and said she had suspicions and it was OK. We had several discussions. Her main concern was if I was gay, transgender, bi, etc. I'm totally straight. She totally accepts me and helps. I now have a complete wardrobe and mostly dress completely. She says I'm passable. We live in a small town, consequently I have to be very careful. We occasionally travel out of town together to shop, see a movie...two girls out on the town. At first I was very nervous, fearing getting "read", but so far...so good. Yes, life is good.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

It's great, isn't it?

Yes, my wife knows but is not accepting or tolerating. It's pretty much DADT with infrequent and necessary discussions. She found out after 35 years of marriage which was a shock to her. When I was dating her (1979) I had never heard the term crossdresser and thought I must be the only guy on the planet that sometimes liked to look like a girl. After (MUCH) time passed, my feminine desire grew and I realized it was not a 'kink' but an identity. My feminine propensity is as much a part of me as my hazel eyes and being right-handed. If I had know then (dating my wife) what I know now, I certainly would have told her about my gender dysphoria. I simply didn't know how deep my feminine feelings ran and how much deeper they would become over time.
    Who do I feel like today?

I told my wife a few years ago when I realized that I wanted to dress fully. She is very accepting and let me dress at home. It took a year or so for her to be comfortable seeing me fully dressed. It might not be the norm, but she is fine with me borrowing her clothes and often tells me when we go shopping: "don't buy that, I already have one of those"
    - Claire

Aspiring Member
    My Wife knows all about me, I don't wear her clothes anymore, I buy my own. More fun that way.
    Live Today as if it is your last day

yes she does, she shopped for both of us yesterday. (hanes.com is best website ever)
    Be careful of the toes you step on today, for they could be connected to the asses you kiss tomorrow.

I told my wife before we were married. At first she thought it was a little strange, but grew to like seeing me dressed. We will be married 37 years this fall. She totally accepts it now and we shop together all the time. She finds me clothes she knows I like. We go thrift store shopping all the time. It's perfectly normal for her to see me dressed

Quote Originally Posted by SamanthaSometimes View Post
    Yes, my wife knows but is not accepting or tolerating. It's pretty much DADT with infrequent and necessary discussions. She found out after 35 years of marriage which was a shock to her. When I was dating her (1979) I had never heard the term crossdresser and thought I must be the only guy on the planet that sometimes liked to look like a girl. After (MUCH) time passed, my feminine desire grew and I realized it was not a 'kink' but an identity. My feminine propensity is as much a part of me as my hazel eyes and being right-handed. If I had know then (dating my wife) what I know now, I certainly would have told her about my gender dysphoria. I simply didn't know how deep my feminine feelings ran and how much deeper they would become over time.
    My situation is almost exactly the same.

My wife tolerates. She found out after 29 years of marriage. I dated her from 1976 to 1978. My eyes are brown.

I do go out locally fully en femme about twice a month and I've gone to the Keystone Conference for the last 6 years. My wife has never seen me dressed, seen pictures of me dressed or seen any of my dresses or any other girl clothes. She doesn't even know my girl name. I'm not expecting any changes on her part, but I decided to live (the rest of) my life (more) as I please.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Yes my wife is very accepting And even buys thing she knows I'll like. I dress infront of her 7 days a week.And dress for bed.Been doing this for 10 years now. And have been married for 48 years.And very much in love.
    Angie

Does she know? Yes. Does she like it? Not really. Another DADT here.
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    - Dr. Seuss

My wife knows and has bought me clothes over the years. We go shopping together, get couples mani-pedi's together, etc. That said, I never go out dressed. Instead, it's only when we are together inside. That's enough for my needs.

I didn't tell my wife for years but I think she always knew. I told her four years ago and slowly worked some clothes into our "time together". During the time I didn't tell her, it was bad for me. The lying eats you up inside after while, and leads to mistrust...as they know something is going on. After all you are married to this person for a long time!

Today, we have worked it out where I can do out once or twice a month to parties, she has bought me a few things and I can wear everything but wig and makeup in front of her. Thats her line and I respect it. I should have told her up front but didn't have the guts too...women live in trust ....

I am not telling anyone to tell, I am just explaining that they will know and it will causes issues for both you and your relationship.
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Yup my wife has known for many years. She buys me dresses etc. But she still worries about others knowing. Crucially I love my wife, even more that seeing Jane in the mirror, so it's the closest for me.

Like most of the responses here, my wife knows and and has known for many years. we have been married for all most 45 years and she is accepting to a point. DADT is kind of the rule, although she has in fact bought me dresses and high heals a time or two. I have for some time wanted to have a real discussion with her about our feelings and desires, I need to reassure her that CDing is the totaly of my gender desires. I don't go out dressed and don't know if I really even want to. But i would love to have a discussion of how we can fit this into both of our lives. I asked her once if She would be OK with my dressing in the evening when we were alone, she said she didn't want to be around. I took that as a NO. Good luck to all.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lovethatdress/

GF knows, told her before we started dating, sitting in front of her on the computer in skirt right now. Don't completely identify as one now though, even though I wear skirts pretty much full time. Sometimes opaque hosiery, but not female tops, or bras, or padding. Just a dude in a skirt. I think she was a little taken aback when I started wearing them at work, mostly because I just put one on one day without saying anything. (we work at the same place) Did ask the boss first. She has given me some of her old yoga pants for lounging around in, and has accepted some warm tights from me. Sharing underwear or the like is not on though.
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

My wife has know from the beginning. She took me shopping the first time I bought panties. She is accepting of my CD but she says it does nothing for her which I can accept. The only time she seems to get upset about it is when she sees something new and she was not there when I bought it. I remember when I wanted to buy a dress, was a little unsure if she would be ok with that. I finally ask her and all she said was, what kind of dress do you want. A few days later we went shopping. Love my wife. 💋
    ~Darla~
    "You can't make footprints in the sands of time if you're sitting on your butt. And who wants to make buttprints in the sands of time?"

My wife has known about my dressing, since I first met her. The first time she walked into my bedroom, and saw a half slip laying on the bed. When she asked, Who's is this, and I told her, It was mine. We have been together for 12 years now, and she fully supports me. We even do a girls day out, shopping at times.
    My Youtube channel: Maxine CD,

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsH...XBIjeAtbhe1uFw
    Follow me on twitter @MaxineCD1

My wife and I are sitting on the back porch together. I'm wearing a lavender dress, breast forms, wig, and high heels. We never talk about cross dressing, but I think she's beginning to suspect something.

I'm lucky in that Roxy not only accepts me, but also is very helpful as well.

~Melissa
    ~Linebacker Melissa

My wife knows as of around four months ago. It came as a shock and although we are DADT about this I do get to go on nights out with other CD'ers who I know and I've become good friends with. Unfortunately though that hasn't happened for a couple of months due to a few unforeseen circumstances (not relationship related) but hopefully normal service will be resumed very soon!
    Unlike a lot of what other people advise on here, I'm glad I waited until when I did and not when when first met or we probably wouldn't have been together now. Living a lie? Yes I was for over ten years, but I had valid reasons of which I'm sure some will frown out but it was the right thing to do for me! There is no right or wrong for anyone!
    Last edited by AnnaMarie; 06-19-2016 at 04:26 PM.

Hugging the Kurves! RobertaFermina's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CynthiaD View Post
    My wife and I are sitting on the back porch together. I'm wearing a lavender dress, breast forms, wig, and high heels. We never talk about cross dressing, but I think she's beginning to suspect something.

Soooo glad I wasn't sipping my drink when I read this.....

Met my wife on this site....so...there's that.

Since then, I've stopped and boxed, and except for forms and maybe a few wigs, tossed.

If I should lose the extra 160 lbs and considered dressing again.....how would that go....I dunno.
    [COLOR=Red]Open your Heart :

My wife knows. I'm a full time pantie wearer and cold weather bra wearer. All my clothes are my own. I only wear girls jeans and nobody else knows. She is very accepting to me dressing in skirts and dresses but only around the house when the kids aren't home. She helps me pick dresses out at stores when I want to shop. She's not to crazy about a wig, and definitely no makeup. I would love to go out sometime, but I don't see that happening. I love her dearly and wouldn't want to embarrass her.