Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Does your wife know?

My wife does not know.

All this is so new to me, it still seems like a phase that might go away. My wife is a wonderful woman who I'm certain would accept me, even if she couldn't enjoy the new me. I'm also certain she would be disappointed in me as a husband and that would really hurt. So, no telling for now.

My wife has known about my cross-dressing for about 2 years now. I'd kept it secret from her for many years. I've been reading and collecting COSMOPOLITAN since I was 14 - she also did not know this. Anyway, I accidently left one I had been reading out in the back yard when she was working, which she found. I then confessed all to her. She had many questions (all the usual stuff) and I told her all about my cross-dressing as well. She is fine with the COSMO collecting, but not happy about the cross-dressing. We've compromised in that I do not do it in front of her. She's caught me a few times though. I think she's mainly worried out others and the kids finding out. I dearly wish she was more accepting. Maybe this will happen in time.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    My wife and I discovered Tina together. She not only knows, but she literally taught Tina how to be a girl physically and emotionally. My wife is constantly trying to learn more about who Tina is, just as I am. I adore my wife and life is terrific.

Yes my wife knows and is supportive. We do have limits as to how far I dress in front of her. She doesn't like the makeup or wig. But when the kids are off and about we can chill out in girl mode.

Stephanie58
    My wife found a picture of me dressed earlier this year and confronted me with it. So, after 40 years plus of a wonderful marriage AND keeping my CDing hidden from her, my secret has been exposed.
    She has been very shocked and struggles to understand why I have this strange compulsion. I, after the initial awful feeling of being exposed and highly embarrassed, felt a sense of relief that I no longer had to hide my compulsion.

She has tried very hard to to be positive about my "hobby" and lets me dress when she is out but cannot bear to see me en-femme. So she is now very upset that she cannot be more supportive of me. I, on the other hand, feel awful for shocking and hurting her in this manner, and for burdening her with my secret.

And now that I can dress regularly I cannot help but feel frustrated that I cannot be more in the open and "share" this part of me with her. As a result there is "shadow" hanging over our relationship

However, we love each other dearly and hope we can both find some peace with the situation.

In the circumstances I am no longer sure that it is wise to let your wife know your secret.

So, to answer the initial question, Yes my wife knows, Yes she partially supports my CDing, but both of us wish she had never found out.

Crossdresser-At-Large BillieAnneJean's Avatar
    ABSOLUTELY.
    I am a late bloomer so I talked to her about it before the first time I ever dressed. It wasn't easy for her until she stopped researching on the net and started to listen to me.
    Because she is EVERYTHING to me, I have a standing, repeated often, unconditional promise to her. I will stop, start, do more, do less of anything she requests, no exceptions. Once she figured out that I am still the same devoted husband, her life got sunny again.
    My circumstances are unusual and I don't consider my situation a standard for anyone.