Thread: Going to boutique. Dressed or not?

Painted toes n panties Cassandra*'s Avatar

Going to boutique. Dressed or not?

A few weeks ago I entered a little boutique that is by appointment only. I was picking up pizza and the owner just happened to be walking out the boutique so I asked if I could look around. She accommodated me and I looked around. One of the associates looked familiar maybe from my daughters school not sure. So after I nosed around and talked a while she gave me her card and I left. Monday I called and made an appointment for this Sat. and we discussed my wife and daughter ( whom both will be away this weekend, YA). I mentioned that I was into womans cloths and asked if she was ok with it? She said yes. I also asked if she would be discret. Now the question, do I dress or not? I would really like to dress so if I try something on I like it will be the correct fit and she could assist me on what looks good on me. What do you ladies thing on this subject. Cheers👠👗
    Last edited by Cassandra*; 06-16-2016 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Typo

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Sooo does your wife know?

En femme definitely.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Yes my wife knows I dress but haven't dressed in front of her, she doesn't support Cassandra. In fact I never told her my fem name.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I would call the lady first and ask if it's ok you come as Cassandra. I mean you pretty much told her anyway and if she's good with it then go for sure

What do you expect your wife's reaction would be, if she found out about this later on? By the sound of it, it is possible the owner knows you wife and/or daughter and she might let it slip one way or another.

If you think your wife would possibly feel hurt, maybe even betrayed, then you should probably consider her feelings very carefully before you do something like this. It might be fun and exciting in the moment, but the longterm "cost" may not be worth it.

Just something to think about.

- Suzie

My wife and 9 year old daughter have never been to the store. I've been testing the waters by wearing my wallflower jeans around the house and when we go out to dinner sometimes. Usually I wear a long shirt that covers my bottom and shes ok with that.

The first time

The first time, I went for a bra fitting in drab the SA was very nice. She selected several bras for me to try on witch I did that was a first for me. I purchased two bras from her. The next week I went back fully dressed purchased a top dress shoes earrings and a necklace from the same SA as before. There were no problems only one couple came saw me and turned and walked out with out a word O Well. I had a great time just few jitters. My belief is that you can go in dressed or drab passing or not and receive professional service, put your Big Girl panties and just go after the first time you will be a PRO you will love it!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

They have seen it all before--go 'pretty'.

go pretty
    I've noticed clothes that look sad in "male mode" but really change to "fantastic" with breasts and a pretty womans face.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

I recently went into a shoe shop fully en femme and purchased a pair of shoes from a fem SA, she was very pleasant and not phased by my appearance at all, I really think we worry too much, people are geared up to accept people for who or what they are now a days, if you feel confident enough to go out dressed, you go dressed, nobody really cares, go and enjoy yourself.

Silver Member
    Personally as a CD in a DADT situation and kids I would not shop that close to home unless being outed is OK for all involved. Promises of discretion are not the same as holding in full confidence. Is it OK if as you enter or leave your buddy walks out of the pizza shop with a pie and says hey, what's new?
    Just my view.

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra* View Post
    Yes my wife knows I dress but haven't dressed in front of her, she doesn't support Cassandra. In fact I never told her my fem name.
    Exactly the same as me.

Quote Originally Posted by LeighR View Post
    I would call the lady first and ask if it's ok you come as Cassandra. I mean you pretty much told her anyway and if she's good with it then go for sure
    I suggest going en femme, subject to checking with the owner or SA. That's what I did for my first local wig shopping trip.

No matter what you do, there's some chance of getting busted. Only you can assess the risk and the consequences and decide whether or not to roll the dice.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Saturday came and I decided to go in drab I packed my forms and wig and brought with me no make up. The store is under remodeling so she had furniture that was being painted all over the store. We talked about CD's and she has no issue with it. In fact she has a few CD friends and they shop at her store. The nice this is she is discrete and promised she would remain in my case. As I helped paint one of her pieces I was able to open up and it felt like I was free, That someone else knew besides me and my wife. After the how to seminar I gave her She started bringing out dresses. First we established my size that was nice to have help figuring out my correct size. She mentioned they rent most of their one of pieces due to being one off and she had me try one on to see if I like form hugging. I tried it on and stood on front of the mirrors and stared. WOW she said you WOW. I was so excited, I loved the dress the look and wanted to go dancing. We kept going and everything I tried on but the one was for sale. I ran across a blue number and fell in love with it so I decided to purchase it and hung it aside. Again we talked fashion and she made me feel so femenin I never wanted to leave. Upon our conversation about ourselves she found out I'm a car guy and wanted to show me her car she was repairing. Went out back and made the repair for her and was ready to check out. Went to the counter to cash out and she decided I helped her some much with the paint and car no charge for the blue dress and the one off I could buy it and the shoes and knocked off $198.00. So I put them in layaway. What a nice experience. I hope all of us out there have such a wonderful and personal experience as I had on my first venture out. I've attached the layaway dress.Capture party dress.JPG
    Last edited by Cassandra*; 06-20-2016 at 07:52 AM. Reason: forgot info.
    cassandra*:cheers

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Nice, Cassi! I would have gone in drab same as u. Look how much more comfortable u were!

It takes time for some of us to get comfy going out to vanilla venues dressed.

And some like me, that have been out countless times, NEVER get used to it!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!