Thread: Oh my! I'm going to be a cheerleader!

Oh my! I'm going to be a cheerleader!

One of the meetup groups that I've joined as Ceera has been getting together each Thursday to watch ladies' softball games, sponsored by the city parks and recreation department. One of the teams is a group of lesbian ladies, many of whom are also members of our meetup group. We watch our friends play and cheer them on, and then the players and their friends and families go out for drinks and maybe dinner together after the game.

Last week was my first time with them for the softball games, and after enjoying the game I was warmly welcomed at the after party by the other ladies on the team. One of the ladies, who I already knew from other meetup gatherings, said something like, "We really enjoyed having you with us as our cheerleader today." I replied, "Watch out... I know where I could get a cheerleader uniform." She thought that would be a great idea, and several other ladies in the group agreed that they would love to see me at the games as a uniformed cheerleader. So I ordered a cheerleader costume in their team's primary color, and it arrived yesterday! I showed pictures of me in the outfit to the team's manager last night, and she loved it and can't wait to have me at their games wearing it. Next Thursday is their next game, and I'll be wearing it at the softball fields!

So yeah, I really am going to be a cheerleader!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ceera; 06-17-2016 at 11:37 AM.

Three cheers for you Ceera. This is so cool. Wish I could join you. Daviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

Aspiring Member
    Very happy for you! Have a great time at the game!

I love your bravery and enthusiasm. That outfit fits perfectly.

Personally, and I'm NOT making a pun here, I think you need bigger pom-poms.

You look great and that sounds like it will be alot of fun!

I'm very delighted to see you happy, I've always wanted to be a cheerleader and will be someday. You look fab-tastic!
    I don't dress to impress, I dress to outdress

Thank you, ladies! And Cassandra, I agree with you. The pom poms that came with the costume are rather small - probably because most people buying it would wear it at a party, and not want to lug around larger ones.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I have the same costume in pink. It's a lot of fun. White tights and flats works great with that outfit. Go Team!
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Jealous! That is soooo... cool. Be sure to give us a report on your exploits.

Have fun - you have great friends

Well, today I did it! I went to a softball game in that outfit, plus I added a big hair bow and some rainbow wristbands. The girls on the team all loved having me there as 'their cheerleader', and they all loved the outfit. While I didn't do any 'standard cheers', I did loudly root for the girls and cheer for their good plays, and most of the girls acknowledged that they had heard me and enjoyed that I was actually cheering for their efforts. One of the other spectator ladies was even considering getting a matching outfit and joining me in our "Cheerleading squad"! We also won our game!

Unfortunately, it rained during the last half of the game, so I didn't have a chance to get pictures of me cheerleading or of me with the team. But I'll try doing it again next week, and will try to make sure one of the other ladies takes pictures this time.

Yesterday was the last day of the softball season for the team I was cheerleading for. The last few games they had a photographer taking pictures, and as soon as I can get her contact info I'll have some pictures of me with the team, including a team group photo including me! It was 95 degrees, and we were playing at 6:30 in the afternoon. I decided it was too hot to have my hair down, so I put it in a ponytail. I normally don't wear a ponytail en-femme, because I think my face looks a lot more feminine when framed by hair that is down, and I've always worried my wig wouldn't look realistic when drawn back into a ponytail. But everyone thought I looked great, and no one, not even kids at the game, treated me as anything but a female. After the game we went to a bar for drinks, and all had a fun time. The team has asked me to return next year as their cheerleader, too!

All told I was out with the team in uniform four times, and only missed one game once I had my uniform - because I had a dance to attend prior to a late game, and it was raining pretty hard when I would have left the dance to change and go to the game.
    Last edited by Ceera; 07-29-2016 at 01:58 PM.

Silver Member
    As I recall, wasn't one of the gals trying to set you up with one of the other players?

Yes, Meghan, but nothing came of that bit of matchmaking, this time around. Most of the girls on the team already had wives or girlfriends, and the others were focused on the game. I didn't get a chance to ask if any of them might want to date me.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Ceera sounds like you had a great time, and such a cute outfit too.

I'm so happy for you. I've always wanted to be a cheerleader.

Me too! I was asked way back in H.S. if I wanted to join the cheerleader team as a male cheerleader, but I declined. But I got an awesome Purple cheerleader outfit too now! I like the purple bow you got, too! Will it hold on a bob wig too?

That is awesome!!

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Team photo at the end of the season, with me included as the team's cheerleader.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Yes, Kate, the bow I was wearing, which comes from Omni Cheer, works just fine with a bob wig, if you use a couple of flat hair clips to pin it to the back of your hair. I hardly ever used the pony tail loop on the bow. Instead, I found some clips in the hair accessories dept at the grocery store that are flat spring-metal clips about two and a half inches long and half an inch wide. One on each side, clipped to my hair and to the part of the bow closest to my head, held the bow quite firmly in place, and looked great.

Hey Ceera,

I think if you really like what you're doing you should spend a few extra dollars and have a custom uniform made. I have had so many made that I keep Cheerleading Company in business! If you need any help with ordering I can help you with the details of what they need to know. And if you got at least four people to order the same uniform as a group there is a discount.

Also, there are probably a few more opportunities to suit up than you might think. A few years ago I asked a local mud run company if they would like me to don my uniform while course marshaling. THEY have been hooked ever since and get upset when I show up WITHOUT my uniform.

I'll share more later but think about it and see if any of the other ladies here want to join in. (I nominate you as the official cheer captain).

Not sure if either of these are the one but I was told that a Miss Universe contestant from south of Mexico was one of the ladies who asked me to pose with her for a pic at the 2014 Race For the Cure in Plano.
    survivors.jpg

OMG that bow is adorable!!