Thread: Flying Pretty

Flying Pretty

I know there have been a ton of these, but I am looking for some words of wisdom / encouragement. I am going to be going from Phoenix to St Louis soon on a business trip and I have been thinking about flying pretty as I would get to spend the whole day dressed.

I am nervous about the thought of doing it. Dealing with security, being stuck next to somebody for several hours, rental car pick-up, hotel check-in.

I know I should be fine. But the thought of it seems a little daunting.

Thanks,
    Millie
    The glass is neither half full, nor half empty. It is twice as large as it needs to be.

I do it a all the time. Just relaxe and enjoy it, you will have fun

Richelle

I never did that, but it sounds exciting. My biggest drawback is i am six foot six, and if they put me next to a person who despises CD, TG, it would not be very pleasant.

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    Another regular femme flyer ... one of my most favourite experiences. Nerves are understandable. It is an intense but thoroughly enjoyable experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Alice Torn View Post
    My biggest drawback is i am six foot six, and if they put me next to a person who despises CD, TG, it would not be very pleasant.
    Why? What would you do to them?

I've done it a few times now. Yes, I was nervous the first time but it was fine. Security people are awesome these days and I have never had an issue at all. If it helps, take an ipod and wear earbuds most of the time...it helps
    Every fear that held me back, when faced, has proven to be hollow.
    Courage is not the lack of fear, but the willingness to ignore it.
    It's your life. Make it count.

I remember the night before the first time I flew pretty that I was very nervous. Wondered if I would be able to so it the next morning. When it came time to do it would I play it safe and fly en drab. Well, the next morning I got dressed en femme and went to the airport and flew pretty. Just do it, the fear is a lot worse than the experience. I ended up sitting next to two guys, who busy in to their own conversation paid me no attention. Having done it thirteen times I have never had a negative reaction from another passenger on the plane.

As to security, my advice is to wear more from fitting clothing. Wearing loose or flared skirts and dresses increases greatly the probability of getting searched. If your clothing provides opportunity to hide stuff under it, TSA will probably want to make sure you have nothing under it you should not have. Now TSA has always been courteous to me when I have flown en femme. If you are searched it will be done by a female officer.

If you decide to do it, you will probably find that you will want to continue doing it in the future.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=flying+pretty
    Last edited by grace7777; 06-19-2016 at 05:50 PM. Reason: add link

Silver Member
    just be careful that you don't sit near someone from your company or customer. Been there.

just be careful that you don't sit near someone from your company or customer.
    I am the only person going to this meeting from my site and it is a direct flight so I should be ok.

I was thinking about wearing the blue dress from my first ever outing:

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...Big-Wide-World

I shouldn't have any problems with an underwire bra should I? I would think the machines would be set up for that. Also I use rice in nylons for my breasts. Any potential problems there?

Thank you all for the encouraging words.

-Millie
    The glass is neither half full, nor half empty. It is twice as large as it needs to be.

If you have had significant public outings, then you might find flying pretty to be similar. The big difference is you are out of control. TSA are professional. I was searched once. Something showed up in the X-ray. They asked if I would prefer to be hand searched by a man or a woman. I said a man. He put his hands around my leg, slid up and then down. Then he did the other leg.

The thing that I was not ready for was the people. When I was walking down the concourse, there were literally thousands of people walking the other direction and many looked right at me.

You might have layovers and have to be around people at the gate. Beware the sneaky camera people. I have had normal conversations while sitting at the gate in a skirt (I present male). I have also done the same at the Airport restaurants. I did the shuttle bus, rental car facility, etc. Everyone is rather professional. Most people at the airport are civilized.

In the plane, the people around you will either engage you or ignore you. I doubt there will be any meanness. If you present female while dressed, people might try to figure out if they see what they think they saw... I don't know.

Wear flats. No negotiation on this one! Cute loses.

Plus: The annoying credit card people probably will not bother you.

You really ought to post about it afterward!

I have flown pretty on at least 6 trips (where A->B is one and B->A is another).
    I am a man who presents male and wears feminine clothes.
    I blog about my outings: https://joeypress.wordpress.com/