Thread: A good response or a bad response?

A good response or a bad response?

There is always a first time for everything, especially for CD'ers.

I was wondering what was the initial response of your wife, or GGSO, the first time you asked her a question which left no doubt that you wished to be more feminine, such as: could you try on her lipstick? Or when you asked her what type of bra would be best for you? Or she was painting her nails and you asked her to do yours, too, for the first time?

There are so many posts about having the "Conversation" with your friendly, neighborhood GGSO. I bet, no matter how well, or not, the "Conversation" went, there must be some wild, or funny, or cute responses we would all like to hear.
    Last edited by Wendrme; 06-24-2016 at 05:18 AM.
    I'm a Wendy and I love it!!!!

Long time ago but as I remember:

Me: I want those heels
    Her: OK but you better wear them

Other conversations usually ended with "I don't care what you wear. Just don't embarrass me. I really don't see why you would want to wear that anyway, it's very uncomfortable"
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

A long time ago too, but I think the first thing my SO ever asked was:

Him: Will you shave my back?
    Me: Sure!

But in those early days it was usually:

Me: Do you feel like going out dressed tonight?
    Him: Sure, or no (depending on mood).

And the latest conversation was:
    Me: I thought you mentioned two weeks ago that you wanted to go out sometime, but you didn't and you haven't mentioned it again.
    Him: I know, I just didn't feel like it.

As to borrowing stuff, we don't wear each other's stuff as a rule, except if one of us forgets something while out on an overnight trip. Some years ago we went to my SO's gender support group meeting and my SO had forgotten panty hose. I always bring two pairs in case one gets a snag. I was more than happy to give one of the pairs to my SO, but the conversation about this was just ordinary.
    Reine

Banned Read only
    Wendy,
    I put my foot well and truly in it when I suggested my wife could borrow a really nice jacket.
    As for the other questions you pose I found it all out for myself, well isn't that part of the fun. I must admit I really enjoy shopping having fun with SAs and putting outfits together.
    I have so many funny stories that have happened through shopping, and not one bad moment.

I still think the best one was when I was searching the racks for stockings, the problem was the department store mixed all the shades and sizes of stockings with tights and knee highs. I was trashing the display so much that an elderly couple thought I was an employee , so the husband came to me to ask if I could help with a corset for his wife, I apologised and told them I didn't work there and was just looking for stockings. The couple looked at each other and as they turned and walked away I heard the husband say , " Well in that case he could have helped you with your corset !"
    On a different occasion in the same store, I wanted to buy some heels , the SA misunderstood me and thought I was buying for my wife, so she asked how high does she wear heels and how tall is she, I replied you're standing next to her ! Yes I did get a friendly dig in the ribs for that one !

Reine,
    I wear stockings so always take a spare pair in my bag just in case I get a ladder .
    Last edited by Teresa; 06-23-2016 at 06:19 PM.

Wow, way back then!

I remember that when I was first thinking about a bra she suggested I try one of hers. I did, and it fit. After that, I bought my own.

A harbinger of things to come. My birthday was coming up, and she asked what I wanted. I said nothing expensive, in fact it would be fine just to go out to our favorite restaurant for dinner and that would be enough. Then....I asked if it would be ok for me to shave my legs, once, to see what it felt like. Her response? "Do whatever you like. You're going to do that anyway, I don't know why you're asking me". She didn't even look up, just turned and walked away.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

She knows supports and helps. We were discussing various items of clothes...her view vs mine. When we got to high heels, underwires, pantyhose, slips, shapers, she said "yuck". I smiled. She quipped, "You can't wait to put on, what I can't wait to take off" Ha! How true. My biggest frustration is most women don't wear hose anymore..including my wife. I tell her she doesn't know what shes missing...she just smiles....Hose are my #1. (how it all got started) When we go out, I want to wear hose, but she fears wearing hose, especially with sandals would cause unnecessary attention. Sadly, I agree with her....so when we get home, guess what I put on...?

Nancy Sue, One of the great tragedies pf modern times! Than most women no longer wear hose, and most all CDers do wear hose. Bizarro world!

Yes, I find that most women no longer wear hose. It's a shame because the feel of nylons on shaved legs is still one of the greatest sensations that one can experience.

Banned Read only
    One night when we were newly married I got up to drink a glass of water. I tried on one of her peignoirs. She walked into the kitchen and found me wearing it. She asked why. I told her I liked the feel of nylon. We ended up going out and buying a knee length pink peignoir for me. Later, we added a black floor length gown, black garter belt and stockings. She later gave a red peignoir she no longer liked wearing...it wasn't soft enough. I found it lacking also and we donated it. All was well until she discovered I had bought a vivid red Vanity Fair bra. Her question, "Why would any man want to wear a bra if he has nothing to pack into it?" That precipitated "the talk."

Mine was I bet I could wear that pair of shorts that she grew out of. Yep they fit but she didn't like that one bit. So, now they are mine and I had to makeup for that by getting a nice skirt for her. Yep never say that you can fit in her clothes. Bad JUJU.
    Part Time Girl

she found out right after the wedding? That could have gone south really fast. Lucky she's so supportive.

If it werent for us CD`ers leggs would be out of buisness!!!! LOL...
    Tonya Rose This is me! (song by camp rock)

I was married twice, my first wife didn't want to know about it but also didn't mind, just as long as she wasn't home. I was a bit more careful with my second wife, she was from a religious family. I hinted around to see what her reaction would be like saying, wondering what it be like to dress as a woman on Halloween? Her reaction was, no way would she ever want to see me dressed as a woman. Ooook then. Most recently my girlfriend allowed me to try on her corset, after I said I wondered how it felt to wear one, even though I had already worn a corset before. I think she would've been the most accepting out of the three relationships, unfortunately we broke up for other reason and I never found out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dana44 View Post
    ...never say that you can fit in her clothes. Bad JUJU.
    On the other hand it can be a great wardrobe-extender for both of you!

Quote Originally Posted by Janine cd View Post
    Yes, I find that most women no longer wear hose.
    Except in the winter when they aren't wearing pants. It gets kinda cold just in bare legs. And also when their legs aren't so young any more. Hose has a tendency to smooth things out a little.

But in the heat of summer? I agree. No hose.

Quote Originally Posted by Dana44 View Post
    Yep never say that you can fit in her clothes. Bad JUJU.
    But you're talking about a pair of shorts. Bottoms are different. Women do have wider hips and more padding on the butt than men have. That's nothing to be ashamed of. My SO has a smaller butt than me, and that's perfectly OK!
    Reine

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    Hose has a tendency to smooth things out a little.)
    Not to mention, like make up, it hides any skin imperfections that might indicate any past or current injury, disease, or age beyond the most fertile period. I think hosiery was initially for appearance. Providing warmth would have been more likely to have used a thicker material.

My own hypothesis is that Crossdressers use hose primarily for positive feminine feedback to themselves, both tactile and visual, and secondary to hide the masculine leg.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Yes, I agree. Can't wait for the current "hose-less" fashion mode to go away...soon ! While Leggs are nice, Hanes Silk Reflections, especially their new thigh highs are fabulous...so sheer. 😉 I wear them as often as possible.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

A-men and Amen 😉...just finished shaving my legs, applied perfumed moisturing lotion on. I just slowly slipped on a new pair of Hanes Silk Reflections thigh highs, Barely There. Still takes my breath away. 😉

Aspiring Member
    this is veering waaaay off topic, but did Hanes change the recipe again? I remember in the early 2000's silk reflections were amazing in feel, then I bought some a couple years ago that were meh.

Back on topic- I was pretty direct early on- "I like to wear women's clothes"....processing pause...."well, I still love you". Fast forward 6 months to a night when I asked her to put makeup on me, and when she finished, the look on her face was more than enough to tell me she was totally uncomfortable and freaked. No words required.

My wife told me that she was reading a magazine article about a crossdresser, and I said "harmless fun".
    The conversation started, and I engage with caution, ready to shut it down if I encounter negativity. There wasn't any negativity. She asked "did you ever do it?" Yes. "Did you like it?" Yes. "Do you want to it again?" Yes.
    "So do it!"

Can't say I ever had that conversation with my wife. Instead, after knowing her for a year or so and realizing that this was the woman I wanted to spend the rest of my life with, I just told her outright about my CD'ing. It was a huge leap of faith and I was concerned about the reaction, but it all turned out very well. We've now been married for almost 20 years and just a few hours ago we were shopping for intimate apparel together.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.