Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question for my fellow CD's

Question for my fellow CD's

Hi everyone,

I've been crossdressing for awhile, but I'm genuinely curious, have any of you ever experienced dysphoria or the strong desire to be a woman? Because I've been feeling that a lot lately, but if I'm honest with myself, I don't believe I'm transgender. I feel no bodily dysphoria or discomfort in being male in every day life. I relate to men a lot more. But I can never shake the feeling of wanting to be Leah Grace full time.

Has anyone else felt this way besides me?

Leah I think some of it comes from the joy of wearing the clothes at least for me, the association right? I find comfort, relaxation, excitement, really nothing but good when I dress. I am really comfortable with who I am, I feel gender fluid if you want a definition. I like guy me & Im also exploring gurl me, I know I like girls and pretty much all about them, I like my guy activities, really If I could present without issues Id dress however I liked most of the time, just me, : )
    Mykaa is me! Discovering Peace throughout from the Girl within.
    David Bowie "Don't stay in a sad place Where they don't care how you are..."
    Disturbed The Light "The truth is waiting there for you to find it
    It's not a blight, but a remedy"

Couldn't have said it better Mykaa. Billie Jean

The calm that comes when I wear a dress or skirt outfit

Banned Read only
    Leah,
    Many of us go beyond the basic need to dress, I wouldn't like to say how many have GD, I know I have , now I know I can accept and find ways of living with it . It's just a case of getting to know yourself, coming to terms with it and then move on. I have a constant gut feeling or need but it's been there for almost sixty years so I found ways to work round it.

I wish that I had been born a girl ,because I am transgender

Leah, I can't remember who pointed this out in a thread once, whether it was a GG about her husband or another CD, but they pointed out that while CDers are dressed, they experience mostly the pleasant side of life: the grooming and dressing up in pretty clothes, and if they go out, the shopping, dining out, being with friends, or any other leisurely pursuit they engage in. But while dressed they're not normally dealing with life's pressures: the negative types of work pressures like difficult bosses and coworkers, or money issues and bills if there is a shortage of money, or just general work or economic uncertainly, difficult relationships with family members if they exist, screaming kids in the middle of the night, disciplining older kids, or just plain worry over difficult teenagers, house, yard, and car maintenance requiring a lot of sweat equity (except for the CDers who use housecleaning and cooking as an extension of the CDing) ... you get the idea - all the things we deal with on a daily basis that are hassles and that have nothing to do with how we look or are dressed.

So it's no surprise perhaps that you would be drawn to the things that Mykaa mentions (comfort, relaxation, excitement) during your pressure-free time while dressed? I say this because you did mention that you don't feel bodily dysphoria, you don't feel uncomfortable being male, and you do relate to men a lot more. So to you, dressing up is associated with pleasantness?
    Reine

Hi Leah
    If only we could answer your question, we are all different, I have always felt I should have been a woman, I have had to live and cope with that. I am not sure what category I fit into, Transgendered, Gender dysphonic etc I am learning to keep it simple, I am happiest when I am Hazel just wearing everyday clothes, doing everyday things.

Hazel xx

It's great to look and feel nice but as Reine pointed out most CDers only encounter the "glitter" part of being a woman and that is only a small part of fulfilling the role.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Hi Leah,

I think Reine summed it up well for me. When I dress I feel calm and peaceful and all of life's everyday stresses go away, so why wouldn't thoughts about being a woman creep in? Subconsciously my brain associates cd'ing with all the good things in life and although I am very comfortable with my male role I can't help but feel that life would be perfect if I were a woman.

Elizabeth
    Last edited by Elizabeth G; 06-24-2016 at 05:55 AM. Reason: Typo's

I would agree with Reine that most CDers overlook the reality of living as a woman. However, there are a few of us who would be quite accepting of that reality.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Leah the are a LOT of members here just like you.
    They enjoy the process or putting on their "woman" side and being a woman in looks only.
    I suppose many here have GD to some degree.
    I feel like a female more than I do a male so I guess I have GD.

Very well stated Reine! I have always enjoyed being a crossdresser and enjoying my girl time and what you said really made me stop to think how right you are. In girl mode, there is no pressure and there is no stress so it truly is good times. All those things you mentioned, I deal with in Guy mode on an everyday basis and in girl mode, it all goes away. I often wonder how other people deal with life's stresses..probably drink too much or maybe have a positive activity that they enjoy....for me it's straight to girl mode!

No, I never get the feeling that I wanna dress full time. I've had the thought but never the feeling.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Hi Leah, So many of your replies relate to me here. I think Reine comes the closest to me, When in girl mod everything melts a way, and I find myself wanting to stay there. I do enjoy being a guy, while it seems to carry more responsibilities, I think it's the perspective of how I think about those responsibilities. Dressing as a woman takes me about two hours to complete, but I as rushed as I feel while doing it I do enjoy the process and especially the end result, a new and different me, fresh and new. I do at times feel like I wish I were a woman, but for me, I don't want it full time.

Reine is right on and always has the most thoughtful responses. Just like Martha's thread on being a woman, and others who use "be a woman" rather than the possibly more correct "look like a woman" and so feel feminine, is that gender dysphoria? What is gender? I see some say it is how you feel inside your head, others saying it is social construct.
    I thought this did a good job of showing the many axises
    http://itspronouncedmetrosexual.com/...ng-continuums/

Hugs, Ellen

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    Leah, I can't remember who pointed this out in a thread once, whether it was a GG about her husband or another CD, but they pointed out that while CDers are dressed, they experience mostly the pleasant side of life: the grooming and dressing up in pretty clothes, and if they go out, the shopping, dining out, being with friends, or any other leisurely pursuit they engage in. But while dressed they're not normally dealing with life's pressures: the negative types of work pressures like difficult bosses and coworkers, or money issues and bills if there is a shortage of money, or just general work or economic uncertainly, difficult relationships with family members if they exist, screaming kids in the middle of the night, disciplining older kids, or just plain worry over difficult teenagers, house, yard, and car maintenance requiring a lot of sweat equity (except for the CDers who use housecleaning and cooking as an extension of the CDing) ... you get the idea - all the things we deal with on a daily basis that are hassles and that have nothing to do with how we look or are dressed.

So it's no surprise perhaps that you would be drawn to the things that Mykaa mentions (comfort, relaxation, excitement) during your pressure-free time while dressed? I say this because you did mention that you don't feel bodily dysphoria, you don't feel uncomfortable being male, and you do relate to men a lot more. So to you, dressing up is associated with pleasantness?
    Sooooo, a Real Life Test might just be a good idea. How revolutionary

Does anyone remember the show Soap? With Billy Crystal playing Jody? Always goes through my mind when I think of RLT.

Hi Leah, I understand what you're feeling. From my research, I've come to the conclusion that what we do, to any degree, whether certain items to fully dressed, all satisfy the Pleasure principle. Yes, the commonality is comfort, serenity, peace, gentleness, etc. There is so much more pressure, multi tasking in today's world. I welcome this as a way to unwind. For me, at the end of the day, slipping on a pair of nylon stockings on newly shaved legs is instant relaxation. We keep a sense of acceptance, as it will never go away and a sense of humor. Our favorite quip is "I can't wait to put on what she can't wait to take off". She hates underwire bras...that's all I have. She's always in style, and doesn't wear hose...it's not fair !! Guess who wears high heels, full slip, panty girdle? Relax and enjoy. Cheers. Nancy Sue

When you get to the other side.....trust me there ARE battles to be waged as a woman...even though my Mother and Aunt taught me and lived that there was no glass ceiling. IT DOES EXIST. Just glad they guided me to approach life without one. But experience is that it take that extra effort, the in your face approach in the work world to get on same level as male counterparts...tact and artful maneuvering overcomes this problem...but it still takes effort......but....no doubt about it.......prefer this side of life!!!!

if you are not really transgendered and you know it, then what you are feeling are just the effects of being addicted to crossdressing. Your brain releases endorphins and neurotransmitters that make you feel good when you do it, so you end up doing it again. Some people call it "the pink fog". As long as it doesn't prevent you from living a normal life, don't worry.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I love buzzwords like endorphins ans neurotransmitters.

Lots of good advise here, but what "gabyespinotv" said is the boiled down version of all the comments. Just roll with it and have fun doing it.

Non-binary/Questioning
    I'd say I have a small amount of dysphoria (it comes and goes) about my gender, and have long wished to be female, but until the last decade or so I've mostly accepted 'being male in everyday life' (though sometimes reluctantly). I've only been dressing for the last year or two, and only in private. I tend to identify more with women. I consider that I fall under the larger 'trans umbrella' but am not TS - I'm now tending to identify as non-binary.

I feel thewanting of being a fulltime dresser a lot Leah. But life won;t let me. Still working, family and all.
    Angie

I have thought of going to female all the way but I love my wife and kids and there are too many things about being a man that I like as there are so many things being female that I like so I would rather stay the way that I am and live life to the fullest then change who I am and have to deal with the consequences of changing
    Last edited by Danielle t; 06-24-2016 at 09:59 AM.